• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Hag

How do I get the app from Android? Cant find any tutorials for this. Do I need to install qooapp ou just the app in that website?

bjork

It's lagging bad for me on my phone. I've been sitting at the "ready" fight screen for about two minutes. I'm assuming they're probably getting a rush of people who were waiting to play, guess I'll try again after a nap?

MiTYH

Alright, hope this doesnt get lost -- I need to register my account to an email -- been using mobile and sadly this page isnt translated. Anyone have a simple guide? :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
English data servers confirmed awful!
Glad I learned a bit before this hit. Hopefully the influx isn't a blight.

chrono01

I'm going through Lyria's Notebook for all of the story content, but is anyone else having an issue where the VO just stops? It's kind of frustrating. I never remember this happening when I had the language set to Japanese, but maybe the servers are just stressed.

Edit: I just tried a battle, things definitely seem slower.

Quonny

The load is bad the first time or two because the game has to download and cache all the new English data.

Everyone is trying to download the new data, gonna be slow for a bit.

Was trying to register this morning. Unfortuantely, after i enter all my account information, instead of getting a link to play the game, I get a white screen with a grey button all I know is that the error is "registration token invalid" no idea why.

Edit: I guess it says, confirmation code does not come from a mobile device "再送信はできません。もう一度やり直してください"?

I'm using nexus 5X in chrome developer..

garath

It's lagging bad for me on my phone. I've been sitting at the "ready" fight screen for about two minutes. I'm assuming they're probably getting a rush of people who were waiting to play, guess I'll try again after a nap?

The Japanese cache is useless now. It's re-caching everything. Going to be laggy for a bit until it caches the data again.

Yaa...

I'm going through Lyria's Notebook for all of the story content, but is anyone else having an issue where the VO just stops? It's kind of frustrating. I never remember this happening when I had the language set to Japanese, but maybe the servers are just stressed.

Edit: I just tried a battle, things definitely seem slower.

The load is bad the first time or two because the game has to download and cache all the new English data.

...ay?

It does feel a bit slower, but I chalked it up to my router acting up. I guess it'll probably get better eventually.

chrono01

The Japanese cache is useless now. It's re-caching everything. Going to be laggy for a bit until it caches the data again.
Thanks, makes sense. I'm enjoying the translation so far, though.

Psyfer

Ok, with everything being in english, rerolling is much less of a hassle.

I seem to be only getting R weapons though :/

Is there any weapons I should be on the look out for? The reroll guide I am reading only mentions Bahamut, Lucifer, and Order Grande as notable rolls.

Anko

This will take some getting used to...

Vania... Charlotta... One away... Katalina... Vyrn...

And time before the quest Angel Queen starts is bugged. I can't tell how many hours are left at all.

CfwBPWhUUAATTuw.jpg

qt
pls cygames. I need these skins.
I need a high quality version of that animation short. Vira and Katalina backstory in all its full HD glory. They better release it somewhere, as part of the BDs for the TV anime or something.

Gizuko

I must admit I did expect Cagliostro to
be a guy before he turned into a loli
, but having to go back to her hometown to find her diary in order to destroy the evidence was too much.

This game has some real good side-stories.

garath

I love this. One of the biggest impacts to mee is seeing what the summons do. Some of the orange text ones I would always choose appear to be a specific character or ability damage up whereas I can choose a plain black text 40% element damage up. Big difference.

And seeing the text for all the abilities is huge too.

MicH

I have no idea what I'm doing :lol I first tried this game a few months back and couldn't understand any of it (though I didn't really play), so I couldn't understand the tutorial. Doing some chapter 2 quests now. I have two SSR weapons and characters it seems and I keep hitting the inventory cap. Should I just sell all N weapons?

OceanBlue

Is there going to be an English release? I heard there was going to be an English version, but I don't remember if it was an English release on the US App Store or just this English patch. Dunno whether I should wait or not lol.

chrono01

So I thought all along that whatever your Main Summon was, that was the summon friends could/can use. I never knew there was a "Support Summon" section in my profile, where I can pick one for each element. All this time, my Bahamut summon wasn't available for my friends.

That was a mistake. :/

Rixa

So I thought all along that whatever your Main Summon was, that was the summon friends could/can use. I never knew there was a "Support Summon" section in my profile, where I can pick one for each element. All this time, my Bahamut summon wasn't available for my friends.

That was a mistake. :/

It was. I used it alot. Atleast it was equipped in Dark slot (I think Baha was also in other elements too). So no worry and thanks for having it :p

Anko

Can I ask what the strike time on GAF guilds are like?

I ask because I am from Asia and I assume the majority of you are not?

chrono01

It was. I used it alot. Atleast it was equipped in Dark slot (I think Baha was also in other elements too). So no worry and thanks for having it :p
Oh, whew! False alarm then. Thanks for the clarification!

Also, thanks to you and your summon, as well. d(^_^)v

Hm, so this is still the Japanese version? I had assumed it would be released on the NA store.

I'd hate to sink a bunch of time into this and have to start over again...I'll probably just wait, unfortunately.

Hm, so this is still the Japanese version? I had assumed it would be released on the NA store.

I'd hate to sink a bunch of time into this and have to start over again...I'll probably just wait, unfortunately.

If an English-only server comes out (which probably won't happen), nobody will play it since a huge chunk of the western playerbase is already invested in the current version.

There's no reason to really wait any longer.

Velkyn

Any instructions on how to get the app on iOS? I'm hyping this to a friend and having not owned an iPhone since the 3GS, I have no idea how to install out-of-store stuff.

Quonny

Chances of them releasing an international version are slim, especially after today's "events will be translated a bit later" announcement (meaning they're committed to continuously translating). Plus all the licensing issues.

And even then, if they do release it internationally, it'll be a global server. The game is set up to host both English and Japanese players after today's update, so you'll never have to start over.

There is no reason not to play now.

Any instructions on how to get the app on iOS? I'm hyping this to a friend and having not owned an iPhone since the 3GS, I have no idea how to install out-of-store stuff.

Make a new iTunes account. You don't need a credit card or anything, and you can make up all the information.

Anko

Why though? The Japanese servers are likely to get more collaboration events, have a bigger active user base, and are less likely to be shutdown as compared to their western counterparts. And with English option being available, a lot of English speaking folks will have joined the JP server. There would be no reason for us to join whatever English server that is put out in the future.

MiTYH

Apparently can't change my name for 8 more days, so sorry GafFantasy members, deal with my JPN name a bit more!

Still looking into registering this account to an email -- I'm on mobile, never got around to it and the lack of full translation there is a bit annoying

Still it's great to see all these things I've been missing, like actually knowing what abilities do. Need to make a better team, since I'm running a rainbow SSR and I think I need to manage it better.

Is there a way to store more than one team for fast switching?

garath

Apparently can't change my name for 8 more days, so sorry GafFantasy members, deal with my JPN name a bit more!

Still looking into registering this account to an email -- I'm on mobile, never got around to it and the lack of full translation there is a bit annoying

Still it's great to see all these things I've been missing, like actually knowing what abilities do. Need to make a better team, since I'm running a rainbow SSR and I think I need to manage it better.

Is there a way to store more than one team for fast switching?

Yes. You can store up to 6? Teams. On the party tab, click the party setting blue button near the bottom. There you can set up multiple teams.

froliq

Can just play it through chrome browser instead of downloading the app. Same goes for android if other people are wondering. Performance seems better through browser for me.

m33pm33p

Banned
I love this. One of the biggest impacts to mee is seeing what the summons do. Some of the orange text ones I would always choose appear to be a specific character or ability damage up whereas I can choose a plain black text 40% element damage up. Big difference.

And seeing the text for all the abilities is huge too.

Yes!!! It's amazing how much I thought I knew about the game but didn't...Knowing what skills do...what summons do what...It's amazing lol..

MiTYH

Yes. You can store up to 6? Teams. On the party tab, click the party setting blue button near the bottom. There you can set up multiple teams.

Ah, knew it was hiding somewhere. Thanks!

EDIT: So I understand things, Raids come in on a daily cycle or something? I need to defeat Tiamat Showdown, but I don't think it's active today. I only see Yggdrasil, able to battle 3 times today. Is there a schedule anywhere?

eggandI

Banned
Just finished the tutorial and wow I am already loving this lol. There's so much stuff.

I got a bunch of rares and one SR with my first 10 draw. Is that good enough? Admittedly I am pretty lazy and just want to play :x

Azusa

Just finished the tutorial and wow I am already loving this lol. There's so much stuff.

I got a bunch of rares and one SR with my first 10 draw. Is that good enough? Admittedly I am pretty lazy and just want to play :x

the first 10 draw is fixed.

draw4wild

It's honestly like playing a different game.

Ive been tying rank ups and the Twitter reset to my star halo time but no luck on a rusted dagger yet, I keep on getting the spear. I'm assuming by the time I can host a proto Bahamut I'll have my 4 daggers

Ah, knew it was hiding somewhere. Thanks!

EDIT: So I understand things, Raids come in on a daily cycle or something? I need to defeat Tiamat Showdown, but I don't think it's active today. I only see Yggdrasil, able to battle 3 times today. Is there a schedule anywhere?

Those battles are always available, you probably need to change back to the first island for Tiamat

MiTYH

Those battles are always available, you probably need to change back to the first island for Tiamat

Hm, must be missing something. I tried other islands but they keep showing the Yggdrasil showdown. I'll keep poking around

EDIT: Yup, had to actually click on the chapter 4 to get it to show. Thanks!!

One more question -- I've seen twitter mentioned to get free AP, but when I try to link it I get only an option to unlink twitter. How to I "tweet" out to get the refill?

Top Bottom