• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Knights History (JP) |OT| - No, this hasn't been translated yet.

kiryogi

Banned
Hello , we have received PSP Grand Knights History today but our restock shipment did not include the bonus book; please advise if you are still interested in your order for this game. Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

FUCK D:

Ikkarus

Ken said:
fe0c2b0c.png
Yoink!
I do hope this comes out for Vita for US/Europe. Looks really good.

Tiktaalik

Wouldn't it be appropriate to hold off on a patch in order to give the typical localization companies time to work on bringing it over officially? The Mother 3 guys waited a year.

Gvaz

Banned
Sure, but I think Gyoru is just doing basic menus and such it looks like. If he can crank it out fast, it doesn't matter if he waits.

Ken

Does anyone know if:

There's a bank for storing money in the game? 20% of total gold for losing is pretty rough.

What the point of the calendar is? Is it detrimental to spend the first few weeks just walking around and fighting normal mobs to get used to the game? Am I missing out date-dependent quests?

What's the best way to refill Brave without items or is losing a week the only way?

Looking forward to your patch Gyoru, though I guess I should figure out how to add CFW on my PSP-3000 to make use of it.

Bebpo

Banned
This looks cool. Might pick it up eventually. So is there any story at all? (and if so, is it any good?) I usually like some plot and characters to keep me moving forward in an rpg.

Gyoru

Bebpo said:
This looks cool. Might pick it up eventually. So is there any story at all? (and if so, is it any good?) I usually like some plot and characters to keep me moving forward in an rpg.
The story isn't the main focus. There are 3 modes: War, Growth, and Community.

- The main focus is the online (not local wireless) War Mode where you send out up to 3 different 4-man parties against the other Kingdoms (there are 3). You earn more W.E. by participating in more battles. You can buy higher level equipment and skill books in the War shop by spending War Effort/Contribution.

- Growth mode is a single player adventure/story mode where you train up Squires for 60 days before sending them on to War Mode. This is where you unlock new formations and equipment.

- Community mode is a Twitter/profile thing. You can even follow people/have followers etc.

Both the War and Community modes can be played offline for up to 5 days before requiring you to connect to the game server again to update/upload your stats.

The goal of my patch is to translate enough of the gameplay elements so you won't have to check a translation guide in order to play all of the modes. I'm pretty much done translating what I think is necessary so now I'm testing it all in-game, which takes considerably more effort.

Ken

VanillaWare's Grand Knights History was the best selling game this past week, with Media Create reporting 64,630 unit sales. But the game might have been supply limited.

Media Create's weekly sales analysis reports a 90.6% sell-through rate for the game. A figure this high usually means the game is practically sold out. Media Create does say that many stores are reporting low stock or sellouts. Some shops told Media Create that the game is selling to fans of Oboro Muramasa, Vanillaware's previous Wii title.

Another debut title didn't do so well last week. Atlus released Devil Survivor Over Clock on the 3DS. This sold just 21,000 units. The original Devil Survivor, of which Over Clock is a remake, sold 55,000 units in its first week in January 2009. Its sequel, Devil Survivor 2, sold 63,000 units in its first week this past July.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/09/grand_knights_history_sales/

Glad I pre-ordered a copy.

Bebpo

Banned
Gyoru said:
The story isn't the main focus. There are 3 modes: War, Growth, and Community.

- The main focus is the online (not local wireless) War Mode where you send out up to 3 different 4-man parties against the other Kingdoms (there are 3). You earn more W.E. by participating in more battles. You can buy higher level equipment and skill books in the War shop by spending War Effort/Contribution.

- Growth mode is a single player adventure/story mode where you train up Squires for 60 days before sending them on to War Mode. This is where you unlock new formations and equipment.

- Community mode is a Twitter/profile thing. You can even follow people/have followers etc.

Both the War and Community modes can be played offline for up to 5 days before requiring you to connect to the game server again to update/upload your stats.

The goal of my patch is to translate enough of the gameplay elements so you won't have to check a translation guide in order to play all of the modes. I'm pretty much done translating what I think is necessary so now I'm testing it all in-game, which takes considerably more effort.

So which mode has the plot. What is the plot? Are there boss fights and villains and stuff?

Ken

Bebpo said:
So which mode has the plot. What is the plot? Are there boss fights and villains and stuff?

So far it seems like Growth mode/offline single-player has the story? There's quests and...important looking NPCs on the field I guess. Haven't run into any bosses yet.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Might be a little bit of hope for a Western release?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/09/marvelous-interview-part-2-the-future-of-rising-franchises/

The PSP market is beginning to wane in North America. Do you think you will be able to bring it [Grand Knights History] over?

TA: Yes, I think so.

DK: PSP is a little bit tougher, if you compare it to Japan. If you want to take a look at a swan song. If you want to take a look at a game that caps off the best parts of the PSP. That is a fantastic high resolution screen with really good color reproduction, network capability, and really just brings forth that full visual experience. Combine that with the very best visual talent from Vanillaware and the directorial vision of Hashimoto-san over at Marvelous, I really think it’s a trifecta. This is something we look at as a flagship as one of the last titles, as a whole, from Japan that will strike a chord with gamers.

Have you thought about HD remakes perhaps for Grand Knights History or other titles through the PSP remaster series?

Tomio Kanazawa, Producer: This is a title that hasn’t been released in Japan yet, so it is a little difficult for us to talk about future plans. In the future, users will be able to download PSP titles for PlayStation Vita and we hope they will do so with Grand Knights History.

Currently, we are not planning a HD remake for Grand Knights History. Is that something we can consider in the future? Yes. As of now it is not in the cards, but it is something we can think about in the future

I think Vita's BC will hopefully prompt pubs to take a punt on some of these games in the West, on PSN.

Gyoru

Grand Knights History English Translation v1.0 Released

Estimated Progress
-------------------------
* Prologue Dialogue: 1%
* Main Story Dialogue: 0%
* Events: 0%
* War Mode: 90%
* Community Mode: 90%
* Character Creation: 85%
* Battle Tutorial: 100%
* Hints: 0%
* Quest Titles: 80%
* Quest Descriptions: 1%
* Bounty Names: 1%
* Bounty Descriptions: 1%
* Formation Names: 100%
* Formation Descriptions: 5%
* Enemy Names: 100%
* Shop Menus: 100%
* Shop Dialogue: 75%
* Status Menu: 100%
* Training Menu: 100%
* Training Descriptions: 95%
* Town Menu: 100%
* Town Menu Descriptions: 95%
* Item Names: 95%
* Item Descriptions: 90%
* Item Descriptions (in battle): 95%
* Skill Names: 100%
* Skill Descriptions: 99%
* System Messages: 99%
* Growth Mode UI: 99%
* War Mode UI: 80%
* Community UI: 99%

Error Reporting:
You can take Screenshots at any time in-game by pressing Start. All screenshots are saved as PNGs to your PSP's Photo section.

Do not submit reports about untranslated text unless you have an English translation for it ready for me. If you want to submit a translation error, overlap error, or some other bug, make sure you take a screenshot of it before posting it. Post information about the error in GameFAQs or NeoGAF thread and I will check it out. (Slower method) You could also email non-attachment images to gyoru.gkh.translation@gmail.com

Please don't attach images as attachments because I won't check them. Instead, upload screenshots to an imagehost like http://imgur.com or http://tinypic.com etc. and copy the link to the email.

GameFAQS thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/625927-grand-knights-history/60215295
NeoGAF thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443362
Error Reporting Email: gyoru.gkh.translation@gmail.com

Patch v1.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfgnt4eORv0
(Links are in the video's description)

I'm releasing 2 versions of the v1.0 patch. The uncompressed version is a larger download, but considered Stable.

The compressed version is a much smaller download, but is considered Unstable due to it possibly causing lock ups during the tutorial and character creation.

I recommend the Uncompressed version.

Protip: Don't engage Demon Stones (the crystals on the adventure map) until your party is higher level.

Gyoru

archnemesis said:
That's really cool. Are you planning on translating all of the dialogue as well?
Depends. I'm kind of worn out on translating for the past week so I'm taking a break for a few days while error/typo reports trickle in.

Bento said:
Awesome stuff! Do you need CFW with a cso/iso file for this to work or does it also work with an imported umd disc?
You need CFW. You can dump your UMD into ISO format and patch it that way.

Ken

So I just had my first party knighted and sent off to the offline War mode and started a new party. Not sure I completely grasp the world map though. I'm in the Union kingdom, so am I restricted to that region of the map for the entirety of my single player experience?

Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but I've been fighting nothing but random enemy encounters and the black statues with the stronger enemies, as well as the occasional "ambushed" event. Is there anything else I've missed? Of course, I've been avoiding the pink shards with the level 40 some enemies but I get the feeling there's an actual "dungeon" somewhere. I don't seem to be getting much loot from enemies though, as all my equipment is from the blacksmith in town. I've also only done 2 or 3 quests in the first 60 days; did I miss all the other quests or is there not a lot?

Omg.
This patch is something i wasn't expecting ...
What a good news..
I wish i could tell you how great i feel right now but i can't here .
Keep up the good work .. and thnaks for the patch

Gyoru

Ken said:
So I just had my first party knighted and sent off to the offline War mode and started a new party. Not sure I completely grasp the world map though. I'm in the Union kingdom, so am I restricted to that region of the map for the entirety of my single player experience?

Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but I've been fighting nothing but random enemy encounters and the black statues with the stronger enemies, as well as the occasional "ambushed" event. Is there anything else I've missed? Of course, I've been avoiding the pink shards with the level 40 some enemies but I get the feeling there's an actual "dungeon" somewhere. I don't seem to be getting much loot from enemies though, as all my equipment is from the blacksmith in town. I've also only done 2 or 3 quests in the first 60 days; did I miss all the other quests or is there not a lot?
In Growth Mode, you will unlock more portions of the World Map by advancing the main quest line. The main quests are the ones with an infinite expiration date. The other quests that pop up every week/month are just side quests for getting training permits.

Patch v1.0a will be released tonight to address some typos and to (hopefully) fix a freezing issue during training.

Ken

Gyoru said:
In Growth Mode, you will unlock more portions of the World Map by advancing the main quest line. The main quests are the ones with an infinite expiration date. The other quests that pop up every week/month are just side quests for getting training permits.

Patch v1.0a will be released tonight to address some typos and to (hopefully) fix a freezing issue during training.

Do the main quests show up on the world map as "Quest" (or are those side quests) or do I start them through other ways?

Gyoru

Ken said:
Do the main quests show up on the world map as "Quest" (or are those side quests) or do I start them through other ways?
Both main and side quests show up as Quest icons.

kiryogi

Banned
This is upsetting, now that I have my copy and been going at it. . . I tried to go online to find out that there's a global ban on all IPs outside of Japan. WTF D:

Ken

kiryogi said:
This is upsetting, now that I have my copy and been going at it. . . I tried to go online to find out that there's a global ban on all IPs outside of Japan. WTF D:
Apparently people are having some success with proxies, but it still results in laggy games.

I'll probably just stick to the offline War mode.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
kiryogi said:

What!? :x If I had known that I would have waited. Oh well, too late now... still waiting for my copy. Hopefully offline will be enjoyable enough to make up for it.

kiryogi

Banned
Ken said:
Apparently people are having some success with proxies, but it still results in laggy games.

I'll probably just stick to the offline War mode.

Yup just dug up some jp proxies XD FOR AVALON.

Gvaz

Banned
kiryogi said:
Because no one would ever import a game outside of japan with the ability to speak japanese....or buy the game then english patch it so you can play it...

Gyoru

Anyone that is still on v1.0 should update to v1.0a because I fixed a problem where the game freezes after you finish training.

There's an incremental v1.0-to-v1.0a patch (~2MB) located on the original Youtube link as well as a full v1.0a patch.

kiryogi

Banned
Kyoufu said:
How is the online? Any impressions?
Seems pretty neat. I can't tell if the lag really affects it or not. You can see every other players pawns moveout to battle.

The neat part however is the community for it over at gamefaqs. They're actually keeping track of the War's progress and giving summaries of each phase.

And as seen earlier in the thread. . . Avalon is on the losing side of things and everyone hates on Logres. But its real neat to see a war unfold in real time.

Xena

WOW, I didn't know about this game! Thanks for sharing all this info; I'm hoping now it does get localized! I love what I've been seeing of this game.

kiryogi

Banned
Now that I'm home, here's a post on one of the phases recently during the war from Gfaqs:

This post was made on the 3rd phase of the current battle.

Before:
Union : 3 (Contesting for Faul of Avalon)
Avalon : 4 (Contesting for Rudarie of Logres)
Logres : 6 (Contesting for Gaweel of Union)

After:
Union : 3 (Success)
Avalon : 3 (Failure)
Logres : 7 (Success)

Summary;

Against all expectations, Avalon failed their second step into Logres!

The Union however, managed to occupy the region of Faul, driving the Avalon back to step 1 of their Avalon-Union front again!

Finally, the complete monster that is Logres regained composure and drove the Union line back to their capital from the province of Gaweel. Logresian war parties now stare directly into the walls of Union. Also, their defensive on the plains of Rudarie proved successful as well.

It would seem as if long-waited Avalon's Miracle Comeback is rather short-lived.

News;

This is a reminiscence of a battle of yesterday.

Logres is once again held at by the necks by both oppositions. It seems likely that the same pattern will emerge again after this.

Logres is currently attacked on both fronts of Rudarie by Avalon and Aravius by the Union. Aside form that, it has penetrated into their former occupation of the coasts of Rizul. It is highly unlikely that Logres can spread out and hold on all 3 fronts for this battle.

We went 1 step forward, 2 steps back towards this battle. History might repeat itself, but who's there to guess?

I'll end this report with a salutation to Grand Logres. All hail to Logres!

So epic and dramatic!

Ken

kiryogi said:
Now that I'm home, here's a post on one of the phases recently during the war from Gfaqs:

So epic and dramatic!

Good to see Union is doing decently.

Also, didn't notice it was you at first with your new Xillia avatar, kiryogi. Lol.

kiryogi

Banned
Ken said:
Good to see Union is doing decently.

Also, didn't notice it was you at first with your new Xillia avatar, kiryogi. Lol.

Haha, well you seem to change avatars all the time too!

That post was on the older side tho, that said it sounds like Avalon lost a territory argh XD

Deeku

Woo got my copy today, came with an artbook too which was surprising. Won't get a chance to play it until the weekend though:(

Patch looks awesome too, but I'll need to find my old 1000 since that's the only psp I have with cfw.

I was just checking out this game the other day and felt a bit sad it wasn't available in english. Now I'm super excited to pick this up. The english patch look awesome.

matmanx1

Just stopped in to see if anyone had posted that blurb from Siliconera about the possible Western localisation of GKH and I see that gofreak already beat me to it.

I'm gladdened that there's a chance we may get this one as it looks like it's a real gem and I am a big fan of Vanillaware's work. Muramasa is still in my collection and I can't wait for Dragon's Crown next year.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Got my copy today, finally! With the artbook too, which will look nice with my Muramasa... er... foldout.

I was all excited to get it because I'll be going on a week trip in a few hours, but unfortunately it seems if my PSP isn't plugged into a wall it tries to force me to quit out every ten seconds or so. It wasn't like this when I used it a few weeks ago, so I don't know whether it's the game or the PSP. I guess I'll have to wait until next week then...

Deeku

Played a few hours today. I got to say, this game is beautiful! It's worth importing just for the presentation alone. The art, animation and music is just awesome!

I don't think I've fully grasped everything yet, but so far I've been able to understand most of what's going on. Currently stuck on the second quest where you have to kill the 3 waves of thieves and the boss. Died a few times too so I'm low on money and can't upgrade my stuff.

Anyone got any tips?

Edit:

Never mind, finished the quest after another go.

XSEED is teasing a new game and its looking like Grand Knights History is really coming to North America.

http://twitter.com/#!/XSEEDGames
http://twitter.com/#!/XSEEDGames/status/116630214175506435

[CLUE #3] _ _ A _ O _ / _ O _ R _ _ / _ N I _ _

Avalon/Logres/Union

kyubajin

devastatorprime said:
XSEED is teasing a new game and its looking like Grand Knights History is really coming to North America.

Avalon/Logres/Union
Damn, as much a good news this is I really really wanted Atlus to get this one, their translations are the best in the industry.

Tiktaalik

devastatorprime said:

Avalon/Logres/Union

omg

Takao

Banned
kyubajin said:
Damn, as much a good news this is I really really wanted Atlus to get this one, their translations are the best in the industry.

ATLUS hasn't published a new non Persona PSP game since May of 2010. I think they're done with the platform.

Top Bottom