• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I think the only other two are Claude and Misty.

Ah, neat on those two but I'm surprised there isn't an equal amount of mothers and fathers. Will probably see how Misty and Niko look together, although we haven't seen the standard offering yet.

Nah I believe you can obstruct them. Passive mode applies to that you won't be griefed and constantly gunned down until you aim your weapon.

I believe I read when Rockstar devs showed off GTAOnline and began an impromptu race that got interrupted when 2 other players came flying across the freeway with cop cars in tow for a chase and almost wiped out the racers.
That's the kind of stuff I want to see!

Nah I believe you can obstruct them. Passive mode applies to that you won't be griefed and constantly gunned down until you aim your weapon.

I believe I read when Rockstar devs showed off GTAOnline and began an impromptu race that got interrupted when 2 other players came flying across the freeway with cop cars in tow for a chase and almost wiped out the racers.

In Passive Mode, you are unable to wield any weapons. Also, you can enter Passive Mode via a $100 fee. This information is courtesy of CVG's GTA V O'Clock webisode released today.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Excited for this, but I fully expect it to be broken for several weeks.

I means It's been 6 years and we still had "can't connect to server, returning to single player" so I have little hope.

tranciful

Hope passive mode is kept in check -- seems like you could grief people by fucking with them and then going passive before they can retaliate. Was passive mode really necessary? Why not just play alone?

This is great. Im the type of player who just loves causing chaos with as little risk to me as possible. Im gonna enjoy being in passive mode and ruining races, robberies, and anything else i see happening.

Flunkie

Banned
Excited for this, but I fully expect it to be broken for several weeks.

I means It's been 6 years and we still had "can't connect to server, returning to single player" so I have little hope.

Same. Seems that every online-enabled R* game has struggled at launch at first.

jediyoshi

Hope passive mode is kept in check -- seems like you could grief people by fucking with them and then going passive before they can retaliate. Was passive mode really necessary? Why not just play alone?

I think there are levels of play that can exist somewhere inbetween griefing people and mutually not shooting each other that only exist in multiplayer.

I'm guessing once you're out of passive mode, that's it until you respawn. Would be dumb otherwise.

And I think it's a good idea because people are really annoying in Free Roam when you're trying to set something up and they come around shooting RPGs and throwing grenades for no reason. Usually the same people who won't have a mic.

Reule

Wonder if it'll be possible to lay a sticky bomb outside a Los Santos Customs shop to blow up newly modded rides. :p

I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can when it goes up.

red731

So it is out or it isn't out yet?
I just got to work so I hope - just for me, of course - for it to lauch in 8 hours
KuGsj.gif

Staab

So this is coming out yet we STILL don't have the android iFruit app ?
NO custom plates love for android and WP users ?

Jesus that's so lame :(

duckroll

It should be a flash game on their site, or in the game :/

You must be joking. That makes too much sense for Rockstar to implement. Just like how you can't manage your stocks or edit/delete your photos in the actual website, but instead you have to use much less user friendly interfaces from within the game to handle stuff which is basically attached to the site anyway. Loooolz.

I'm hoping it will eventually be patched in as an actual app for your phone in-game but it seems unlikely given they bothered to create an app for real phones. More upset that there are no signs of a Windows Phone version, specially given it's represented in-game along with Android and ios

I'm hoping it will eventually be patched in as an actual app for your phone in-game but it seems unlikely given they bothered to create an app for real phones. More upset that there are no signs of a Windows Phone version, specially given it's represented in-game along with Android and ios

Rockstar have specifically mentioned that Windows and Android versions are on the way.

Rockstar have specifically mentioned that Windows and Android versions are on the way.

Ah ok, good deal. Last time I checked I thought there was only mention of an incoming android version and no Windows Phone. Shame I've already completed the game and working towards 100% at this point though.

red731

Listening to Old love, New Love at work. I want to roam the desert!!!

ed: I see what you did there valkillmore :) There is some similarity... And sometimes even the gas, right?

Listening to Old love, New Love at work. I want to roam the desert!!!

ed: I see what you did there valkillmore :) There is some similarity... And sometimes even the gas, right?

Yeah it has the G and the A. Thought that was also a neat touch :)

And it in a great location.

image.jpg

red731

Hey man. I must say that I envy you your iFruit Apple app more then that plate.
Which is nice btw.

I want my Android app...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It matters for those of us waiting for next-gen/PC versions!

Port beggars don't matter.

Also, to a smartass such as myself, catching up on 5 pages of super dumb questions in this thread this morning was torture. Why do folks keep asking the exact same UNANSWERABLE questions for a game nobody has played yet? It hurts my tiny brain. Must... not.... get ... banned... again.

Can't wait for home time tonight.

Staab

I'm going maximum skank mode for my online character, lol

Anyone wanna get a EU PS3 group together when this launches and IF it's stable (doubtful)?
Or are we automatically matched up through the GAF Crew ? Still confused about how that works...

erawsd

I believe the way it works is you can only choose to go passive during a respawn. So there shouldn't be a case where after a heist someone kills you, steals your money, then switches to passive so you can't retaliate.

Personally, much like with auto aim, this is something I hope there is a host setting to turn off. Last thing I want is to join a game where 10 people are prancing around in passive mode.

NeoGiff

I'm going maximum skank mode for my online character, lol

Anyone wanna get a EU PS3 group together when this launches and IF it's stable (doubtful)?
Or are we automatically matched up through the GAF Crew ? Still confused about how that works...

I'm in the EU and I'll be here all day, so I'd definitely be up for it. Yeah I'm pretty confused about the GAF crew, too. If all 300 somehow happen to be on at once, are we all split up into 16s? And is it by timezone/ping etc.?

Top Bottom