• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

eXistor

Social Club has been offline for me since launch, I'm sure this won't work for me anytime soon... That said, it does look amazing and could really knock CoD off the throne as mp experience of choice for a lot of people.

botty

Banned
Can't come soon enough.

tumblr_madm8lgjwY1rqqk0ko1_100.gif

Yeah, I was confused about that as well. So these won't be up day 1, then?

Bummer... from the wording on the site sounds like the Content Creator and Heists will not be available day 1.

My big disappointment with that is that with my group of friends, if they don't get instant gratification, they never try something again. We played GTA IV online a little when it came out, but were all frustrated by the confusion, the auto aim, an the lack of modes... and then to convince them that things improved months later was almost impossible.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
BTW how are people playing this? Special invite by R* to test it out or just modders unlocking the files?

Paskil

This will be my first online game that I will invest a significant amount of time in since Red Dead. Make it happen R*. Already dropped about 50 hours into single player. Nice OT, OP.

The thought of weaving in and our of traffic from downtown LS up to the hills and back again, at full speed, with 15 others, is MINDBLOWING. I think we are all in for a huge shock at how amazing this will be. Can't wait!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Jobs: Los Santos and Blaine County are ripe with opportunity for the ambitious and criminal minded. Take on Missions and an array of other Jobs as a lone wolf

So there will be single player missions as well?

Cant wait! Hopefully these 2 weeks gave R* the time to get the servers ready, cause the servers will probably take an even bigger beating than they did in the first week of GTA 5.

The only downside to this is that the vehicles they add to Online probably won't show up in single player. I hope they transfer over for usability.

Other than that, will be awesome. I mentioned before that I will probably treat this like an MMO where I quest around by myself or with a friend or two and then do Heists every now and then.

Pennybags

Please have Mafiya Work and Cops and Robbers!

People have found text strings indicating Cops and Crooks. Hopefully that pans out.

Mafiya Work is basically the predecessor to the missions that are in the game now.

Edit: I forgot about how MW was actually partly competitive.

dreamfall

Did you get the collectors edition? I want to run around as my boy Niko!

I did brother! I didn't realize we could run with older characters as our gangster- I thought it was some legacy thing, like we could select them to create our character's face.

Shit, I honestly have no idea how this is going to work- that's probably why it's the most exciting aspect of GTA !

FrsDvl

So excited for this! Hopefully it can entertain me till at least the end of October. Although I'm quite positive that it will. I'll have to sign up for the PS3 crew and get myself a headset. Those Pulse headsets have game audio and voices at the same time right? Almost bought in the other day, but rather have talk not come through the same as the games audio.

duckroll

Isn't the |OT| a little early? The game won't be playable for another 3-4 weeks right?

Don't hit me, you know it's true! :(

Marleyman

Banned
I did brother! I didn't realize we could run with older characters as our gangster- I thought it was some legacy thing, like we could select them to create our character's face.

Shit, I honestly have no idea how this is going to work- that's probably why it's the most exciting aspect of GTA !

Oh yeah, that is right. I don't know how that is going to work either; can't wait to find out!

Edit -

GTA Online introduces a new spin on traditional character creation with the hereditary-based creation system. Select your character’s appearance by choosing your parent’s heritage, then use the gene dominance meter to dial-in which parent your appearance favors more. Additionally, you'll customize your character's daily activities - everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours all have an impact on your character’s appearance and skill set (and you can always rank up your skill stats more via gameplay). As part of the Collector’s Edition package, you'll get Niko Bellic, along with both Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III to use as parent options within the character creation system.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Isn't the |OT| a little early? The game won't be playable for another 3-4 weeks right?

Don't hit me, you know it's true! :(

Yea, I was trying to create an OPTIMAL real time experience by delaying the OT for a couple of days.

My original thread title was "As bare bones as your online experience" but I liked Albatross idea better.

duckroll

I wonder if you can join Epsilon in GTAO, and I wonder if you can get commission for recruiting other people to join Epsilon too.... lol.

Top Bottom