• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

eival

i just hope the multiple sentences they've had in the latest article, stating that you can "go solof" for everything actually pans out.

the only thing thats iffy is the section about creating your own heists, the way they word that section seems like it will require other humans.

i still remember back to GTA IV and RDR which had several modes that couldn't even be started unless at least 1 other person was in the lobby, which sucked because then if they left after it started you could continue to play.

Saganator

• Jobs: Los Santos and Blaine County are ripe with opportunity for the ambitious and criminal minded. Take on Missions and an array of other Jobs as a lone wolf, team up with your Crew or join fellow mercenaries and degenerates to pull off a wide range of robberies and illicit activities together.

The way this is worded, it makes me wonder if there are some kind of "normal" jobs people can do that isn't criminal. Like can you just drive an armored truck and make deliveries and fend off other players trying to rob you? Ever since APB and now GTAO, I've always thought it would be glorious if some players could be more like civilians, then there are criminals who try to rip them off, while other players are cops and try to defend the civilian players. They could make the economy loosely based on how well the civilian players are doing their jobs. Some car company not getting their raw material deliveries could drive the prices of their cars up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yea, I was trying to create an OPTIMAL real time experience by delaying the OT for a couple of days.

My original thread title was "As bare bones as your online experience" but I liked Albatross idea better.

Grand Theft Auto Online |OT| <Money available for purchase>

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone doing a GAF euro crew? I'd request to join the main one, but it never really pans out that well with time diff...

We all know it's going to be terrible on Tuesday but I'm wondering how long it'll take them to get it running relatively smoothly. I see people saying that GTA 4 is still pretty broken online...

jediyoshi

Is there a distinction between crews in Max Payne 3 and this? Just realized I was still in NeoGANG

EuQTMEW.png

My expectations were made incredibly high after seeing the interview with Leslie Benzies. Normally I would take an interview like that with a huge amount of skepticism, but considering how ambitious Rockstar is and also keeping in mind everything they've done within the past decade...it's hard not to be excited.

But god I hope the servers at least let you play with a horrible lag, and the online itself doesn't disappoint. I'm lowering my expectations now, just so I won't be disappointed. But this will either be one of the greatest online experiences to date, or just another disappointing online component.

Please don't hurt me like the others have R* :'(

Hystzen

Anyone doing a GAF euro crew? I'd request to join the main one, but it never really pans out that well with time diff...

Us lot in the BritGAF thread in OT set up BritGAF crew which could also extent to EU. Like you mentioned the timezones are reason

i just hope the multiple sentences they've had in the latest article, stating that you can "go solof" for everything actually pans out.

the only thing thats iffy is the section about creating your own heists, the way they word that section seems like it will require other humans.

CVG interview on GTA Online suggested that you could hire mercs to play the role of other humans for a lot of missions. I do think some, though, will require another human. I don't think that you can go solo for everything, but at the same time, I don't think that everything requires another human.

Gawge

Say that I am in two crews - Neogaf and one with 2 friends. Can I easily join games in either? Or do I have to change my default crew in Social Club?

We all know it's going to be terrible on Tuesday but I'm wondering how long it'll take them to get it running relatively smoothly. I see people saying that GTA 4 is still pretty broken online...

Yeah but just as many people say GTA IV is "broken" and "sucks" in general. Trust no one.

RDR online was a pretty fucking ace in my experience. I expect similar here. Give it a few days or maybe a week and it'll be smooth sailing.

Have they said how the online portion will function? As in, will it randomly join you up with people online in a server/channel or will you have to actively invited people to join your world or what have you? Not entirely sure how this dealio is set up when it comes to those things.

Have they said how the online portion will function? As in, will it randomly join you up with people online in a server/channel or will you have to actively invited people to join your world or what have you? Not entirely sure how this dealio is set up when it comes to those things.

Seems random. The MP intro is actually pretty impressive, I thought I'd just be placed into the online world right off the bat.

Tawpgun

Say that I am in two crews - Neogaf and one with 2 friends. Can I easily join games in either? Or do I have to change my default crew in Social Club?
I'm still confused on how MM works also.

In one interview I got the feeling where you could be in SP, and select your GTA Online character from the character wheel. At which point it would switch to them, and during the switch (camera being pulled back) it would match you with your friends/crew members and then anyone with a similar rank/rep. And populate these people into an area close to you. But that doesn't make much sense.

Is there no traditional lobby?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This one BMX mission can go... somewhere.... really unpleasant! Gah.

edit: lol wrong thead, sorry.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

If it is like Max Payne 3, there will be an option in one of the menus that will let you switch.

I think BritGAF are cool with European folk, if you're cool with being under such a banner :p

Dambrosi

Banned
ohmygoditlookslikeme.jpg

Oh my God, that looks like me. Except I now have 20 years, grey hair and 100 pounds on him.

Not interested in GTA or its online component in the slightest, just thought I'd point it out.

GafferGamgee

Neo Member
I am hoping that Microsoft no longer have an issue accepting my money now that I have a new credit card...

I cancelled Gold a long time ago and had a huge blow up with Microsoft when they were telling me it was a problem on my end, nobody else had such a problem with my money.

So fingers crossed this works otherwise i am gonna call Microsoft and be all like

ku-xlarge.gif

Note I haven't finished the story, so maybe I'm wrong about this, but...

There seem to be a lot of interesting locations scattered throughout Blaine County just begging to be used as Death Match battlegrounds -- the humane testing center, the prison, the power station, etc. Really cool.

Can't wait for GTAO. Not too worried about monetization. I'm hoping that our characters are cross-platform capable -- not that we'll be able to play cross-platform (though that would be awesome!) but that we can play the same character on the PS3, 360, PC, PS4, etc. Especially important to have a migration path for me from PS3 to the inevitable PS4 version (and my inevitable double-dip).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I remember playing Team Deathmatch in GTA4 in the Airport, and it was really fun. Can't wait to recreate that in GTA5. :)

Trying to make mental notes of areas that look like could be fun deathmatch areas. There are some obvious ones, like the Koch Center and Foundry (assuming those are open and not locked to missions)

MormaPope

Banned
I was down for trying to go into GTA V online day one, was about to get more Xbox Live gold and take the pain of paying for peer to peer service. Currently though I might be in the cross fire, like many others, for the Bosnia/Oman thingy. Paying for XBL Gold and then that money going down the drain even faster is something I want to avoid.

If everything is in the clear I'll probably jump on a week after launch.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I think BritGAF are cool with European folk, if you're cool with being under such a banner :p

I'm originally from one of the colonies and our uncultured leader recently took selfies with your queen, so yeah I'm alright!

Top Bottom