• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Is that "saving failed/save successful" message above the mini-map something new with this patch?

It keeps popping up every few seconds lol.

I had it pre-patch, used to pop up saying saving had failed or the game had lost connection to the cloud, a few seconds later would usually pop up saying whatever was wrong was solved.

Grinchy

Banned
I've been too busy to play this for a week. I played tonight, made around $30k and got timed out. It then took away all my progress for the night.

Fuck this.

Hey You

Anybody getting kicked from death matches just as it's about to start? I had a full 16 player lobby, then it became 4vs 4 and kicked me saying not enough players.

Hey when I've played this I log on and heaps of people are on my map but I can't find anyone doing any missions or races or jobs, or barely any at least. I'll try to invite based on matching, playing with me, random, etc. I'll try and host. I'll try to find. I'll even hit "Join random" and it won't do anything.

Someone mentioned that different lobbies will have different aiming set ups, I have free aim on. Are there less people doing free aim so more difficult to find them?

Thanks in advance :)

Greatest picture ever taken online?

0_0.jpg

I took it at a real nice moment lol

Grisby

I'm at 18 and things are slowing down a bit. The missions are sitting to get a bit boring and I'm starting to notice a lot of 'go across half the map' to get to the objective deal.

Sill, there's something to be said about exploring the world with your own dude.

Diebuster

I got stuck in the subway train while playing earlier today. It was convenient for me though since I had a bounty on me and was going for the trophy. :p

rkd6qe8l.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Was just driving in my newly acquired sheriff vehicle. Guy in a buzzard comes out of nowhere trying to blow me up. I get out, and he flies away from me and starts making a turn to make another run. Got him from a pretty good distance with my sniper rifle.

This reminded me of Warhawk. Good times, though controlling warhawks are fun and better than the air vehicles in GTAV (controlling weapons precision and tools for offense and defense). And now I'm thinking about how cool a next gen Warhawk could have been.

Ploid 3.0

Greatest picture ever taken online?

0_0.jpg

I took it at a real nice moment lol

It'll be hard to top that until PC version with capture software, or unless streamers with capture cards take some interesting stuff. I'm assuming this was taken with the ingame camera phone. Excellent National Geographic ranking shot.

Edit:

Oh a few hours ago I created a new character, did a few of the first missions, went back to SP because it put me in a full room eventually. So I go back to solo and it shows me the character select with 0 characters to select from (new PSN account, I only had 1 character here). All that crap for nothing. My lost character cemetery is overflowing. I only created it because of the supposed better character creator claim. It look pretty much the same to me.

duckroll

I have a question about Crew levels. I created a crew before GTAO launched. We have people in it. These people have been playing GTAO since it launched, maybe not that regularly, but we've been playing, sometimes together. The crew tag shows up in the game. We can locate each other. The custom crew ranks also display as we level up. But on the Social Site. the Crew level is at 1, and it doesn't show any RP gained. What gives? I'm not even sure what the Crew level is for in GTAO, because it's so poorly explained, but the data doesn't look... correct?

Ploid 3.0

Is the Adder better than the Entity XF when fully upgraded?

No, Adder controls horribly. It will probably have the advantage (fully modded) on drag racing though. Without mods Entity even beats it in drag racing. I suppose it's a aero thing.

http://youtu.be/syGRIKeOaZU

I actually had both and tuned as far as I could, I had no problem getting rid of the adder. I could have kept it but I let it vanish when I was done reselling it.

Also you can test them out in SP. You should have money in stock, since it's free money pretty much, while messing around in GTAO.

I have a question about Crew levels. I created a crew before GTAO launched. We have people in it. These people have been playing GTAO since it launched, maybe not that regularly, but we've been playing, sometimes together. The crew tag shows up in the game. We can locate each other. The custom crew ranks also display as we level up. But on the Social Site. the Crew level is at 1, and it doesn't show any RP gained. What gives? I'm not even sure what the Crew level is for in GTAO, because it's so poorly explained, but the data doesn't look... correct?

There seems to be an issue with that crew data displaying, but it is recording. I usually have to refresh a few times or just come back later but the data does sometimes show up for me and it's the same as the crew rank in-game. The 'crew ranking' of members and RP earned has always been correct when I look at it.

I was getting a message that the cloud servers were down and I couldn't save so I lost about $20k when I jumped out. Then I went back in later and there was no message and played a bit more only to have it not save when I jumped back into single player again.

This is so fucking weak. I was having no issues til this new shitty patch. Thanks R*.

Yep, I've never even seen the no cloud service thing before now. I don't know if it's related to the patch though. Could it just be that their cloud service is down like it says?

duckroll

There seems to be an issue with that crew data displaying, but it is recording. I usually have to refresh a few times or just come back later but the data does sometimes show up for me and it's the same as the crew rank in-game. The 'crew ranking' of members and RP earned has always been correct when I look at it.

So it's a known website problem? I shouldn't have to worry right?

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey guys, it's Rockstar here, I just came by to fix the game up for the weekend.

Oh, oh sorry, did I break EVERYTHING? Oh well, have fun, see you next week!

SnakeEyes

Banned
So it's a known website problem? I shouldn't have to worry right?
If you're referring to the Social Club crew stats, then yes - the info doesn't seem to be instantly updated. I've had it take up to 2-3 days for any new info to come through on my crew stats/levels.

Yep, I've never even seen the no cloud service thing before now. I don't know if it's related to the patch though. Could it just be that their cloud service is down like it says?

After I got done with the mission and went back into free roam I saw the message pop up. So before doing anything else I jumped into single player to save. Then I went back into GTA Online and sure enough it didn't save. Ok, whatever so the server was down like it said. But then a while later I jumped back online and didn't see the message so I played a few more missions and then jumped into single player to save. Just to make sure I saved all my progress and money I went back online and NOPE I was right back to where I started at the beginning of the night.

So far all I've seen from this new patch is that I can't save my progress and I get to spend an extra $200 on sticky bombs as if they weren't a rip off as it is.

AReed

I've had the "Cloud severs are down. Unable to save progress. " message alert show up multiple times. The first time I was like "Oh shit", but then a new message popped up that said "Save Successful".

So you just need to keep playing until it says your save was successful.

I've had the "Cloud severs are down. Unable to save progress. " message alert show up multiple times. The first time I was like "Oh shit", but then a new message popped up that said "Save Successful".

How long did it take? Because I was playing for over an hour both times.

So what's with the race around the jail? 3/4 of the races I try to join are on that course with 1-2 laps like they are trying to grind points but you don't really get that much.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

It said that after 4 races once i went back to free mode, BUT I just quit my online session and went back on, NOTHING saved.

I leveled up too..well I did and have nothing to show for it >_>

torontoml

Todahawk that 30+ min jet race/dog fight was great. Wish there was an actual dog fight mode where you could constantly respawn in jets.

Is there a jet deathmatch?

Top Bottom