• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Better looking huh. I'll test it out but I doubt it. Should just let us control the looks ourselves.

My current guy isn't too bad looking if I do say so myself. Looks a lot like me TBH

4vC8QJA.jpg

AReed

Do you have to complete Industrial Survival in order to get more missions from Trevor?

That shit is hard. I've only made it to level 5 with four people.

Gorillaz

After he traded the car in he's on foot. The location of Simeon's garage is a wasteland for new cars so they were both on foot. He had no way to kill him unless he had a rocket launcher or C4 (not sure if splash damage hurts passives).

Didn't feel like even dealing with his dumbass so I put a bounty on his ass and just let someone else deal with it. He left the lobby right after it lmao. Still it's a broken mechanic

Symphonia

Banned
So, a quick question, does everyone have more baseball caps than just this one?

My friend's character has some blue and white one, but I only have the chavy looking one ,of which I choose not to wear on principle due to how bad it looks.
You know you can buy baseball caps, amongst other hats, right?

Arcteryx

So, a quick question, does everyone have more baseball caps than just this one?

My friend's character has some blue and white one, but I only have the chavy looking one ,of which I choose not to wear on principle due to how bad it looks.

Glitch. I can't view any of the hats/beanies/etc except when I'm in a certain Posonbys and even then it only works maybe 5% of the time.

Other people can't even view helmets.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You know you can buy baseball caps, amongst other hats, right?

Well I assumed there was just this one, that picture is my character in a clothes store, they all just list the one hat.

Glitch. I can't view any of the hats/beanies/etc except when I'm in a certain Posonbys and even then it only works maybe 5% of the time.

Other people can't even view helmets.

Ah ok, might try some different ones to check, I knew people had problems with the helmets appearing in the list at all, but I hadn't seen someone mention just having pretty much all of them from a category missing.

So I think I might have accidentally found a glitch while playing with friends. Basically, you would have to go in the passenger seat of your friend's vehicle. Start a mission while in the vehicle. As soon as the mission starts, you'll end up in the drivers seat of a cloned car while your friend is still in his original vehicle. I've tested this out a couple of other ways, but this seems like the only way it would work.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I think I might have accidentally found a glitch while playing with friends. Basically, you would have to go in the passenger seat of your friend's vehicle. Start a mission while in the vehicle. As soon as the mission starts, you'll end up in the drivers seat of a cloned car while your friend is still in his original vehicle. I've tested this out a couple of other ways, but this seems like the only way it would work.
Shhhhh! This is how I got a clone of a Granger with Crew colours. Now my crew has 2 armoured, turbo'd transport behemoths :D

SnakeEyes

Banned
haha so many weird mission glitches tonight: cement trucks disappearing, missions failing for no reason, etc.
I had a good laugh when I saw the Rockstar newswire saying that patch 1.04 would fix the remainder of the issues people were having with GTAO.

Shit, 1.10 maybe!

Falt

Up to about 300k with the armoured trucks. They're spawning around me now. So I'm sitting at a LS customs. They spawn on the street, hit 'em, hit the custom shop. Rinse, repeat. The trucks won't spawn when there's a "global" mission active like a high priority vehicle or a crate drop.

Stupid money. Stupid fun though too.

Returned to GTA Online today after my character was deleted, its been a fun night and I've managed to level up quite fast by doing jobs with high level GAF crew members so thanks guys!

SnakeEyes

Banned
The one thing I did notice now while doing jobs is that some members were only getting half the amount as others. Have R* put in place a limiter, so you only get half if you are below the level requirement to get the mission?

Ploid 3.0

I'd be careful guys, the new patch has brought on some new issues. For example, the game is not saving your progress. This just started happening to me and my friends. People are also complaining about it on the GTA forums.

Yeah, a lot of gaf members encountered this too. I suppose to make sure you save enter the money store about 4 times to be safe? Though people are experiencing freezes which made them realize the game wasn't saving when they reloaded the game. So it's probably best to wait until Rockstar makes a new patch... it's Friday.

Jeezus, if all the nerfs weren't annoying enough, I'm seeing lots of new mission breaking bugs in all the highest paying RP or Money Missions. Base invaders broke when I got in the helicopter and said I destroyed it when it was fine, and Parking garage broke when I delivered the document and it said we destroyed them.

Fuck

Since when did helicopters and planes spawn at the airfield near grapeseed? Also WhatRobEats you are a terrible co-pilot because you stole my helicopter

Bread

Banned
catchup is a bullshit handicap and it should not be on by default. i went from 1st to 7th and lost in the last 500 feet of the race because i drafted too early...

KAP151

Whoever is doing these so called patches at R* needs to get their ass chewed out.

They are never tested properly and always bring new problems.

Falt

I'm done with the armoured trucks. 350k in total. Good bug R*. Stimulus what?

I experienced a strange glitch tonight where I died and respawned with a 3 star wanted level but it flickered on and off for a few minutes then just went away. Cops weren't paying attention to me at all throughout.

Whoever is doing these so called patches at R* needs to get their ass chewed out.

They are never tested properly and always bring new problems.

The latest patch does have a bit of jank with it. I didn't experience any problems with the previous patches though. What were the main issues? Character loss and so on?

They put an update out earlier that said it will be coming early next week.

Yeah, this was in the comments of the latest news post.
Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details.

DodgerSan

Fun this evening...

1) invite only server, matchmaking CLOSED - random people able to join
2) 4 people start a race, choose cars, then 1 appears by himself in a separate race at the other end of the map
3) radio choice (off) still makes no difference, it's always on at race start

And various other nonsense I can't remember.

It's weird because this is the most stable the game has been for me since launch, just last night I kept getting disconnted. Tonight I've played for about 4 hours with no issues.

Tanker was hauling ass like shit. Didn't catch up to the thing until it had parked itself by some big ol fuel station. Probably took like ten minutes. Was only me left. Cops were all over the place, so I waited for my one star to fade away. Reckoned maybe I could just stroll up and take the thing if I had my gun holstered, but the cops didn't like the sight of me, so drove out of there with a train of cop cars.

Managed to shake the 2 stars by driving up and down a mountain and tossing explosives out the back. Then there was a 3 mile drive in this slow ass thing to the delivery location.
Honked merry tunes to amuse myself. Half a mile from the drop-off I figured I might as well listen to some actual music.
"VibratingDonkee has committed suicide."

Had a suspicion that last bomb landed poorly, which is why I didn't blow it, initially.
My apologies to that one guy who hadn't left yet. :D
This was our second try too. :D

Ever since today's patch both of my Slim and Elite 360s randomly lock up and missions sometimes fail, saying everyone has died, right after at least one person has.

It seems that these patches are breaking more than they're fixing.

I take it audio bugs aren't uncommon? The confirmation noise for the shotgun doesn't play in Ammu-Nation. Doesn't really matter. But my assault rifles being silent is kind of annoying.

KAP151

I'm done with the armoured trucks. 350k in total. Good bug R*. Stimulus what?

I experienced a strange glitch tonight where I died and respawned with a 3 star wanted level but it flickered on and off for a few minutes then just went away. Cops weren't paying attention to me at all throughout.

The latest patch does have a bit of jank with it. I didn't experience any problems with the previous patches though. What were the main issues? Character loss and so on?

RP (therefore character level) and cash not saving are pretty big deal. Its not so much the bugs, it takes them so long to catch up. This isnt some rinky dink developer with 3 guys on staff. Things like this should be caught and squashed.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Was just driving in my newly acquired sheriff vehicle. Guy in a buzzard comes out of nowhere trying to blow me up. I get out, and he flies away from me and starts making a turn to make another run. Got him from a pretty good distance with my sniper rifle.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Armoured Cars will only appear in public/free roam sessions if all of the people are the required level to go after them. If not, then no one can get them.

ScRYeD

Wondering this as well.

I'm also wondering if it notifies the entire session that there is an armored truck? Or do you just find them randomly?
I was in a private session with a friend and a armored truck spawned and only I was able to see it.

Arcteryx

Is that "saving failed/save successful" message above the mini-map something new with this patch?

It keeps popping up every few seconds lol.

ScRYeD

Is that "saving failed/save successful" message above the mini-map something new with this patch?

It keeps popping up every few seconds lol.
Rockstar seem to be having some trouble because thats also happening to me. It didnt seem to save my progress though :(

Top Bottom