• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Tawpgun

The nerfed Annihilator might as well not have weapons. In GTA IV, the minigun had explosive rounds with splash damage, and you could blow up cars with it. In GTA V, if you put one person in an open field with a pistol and another person in an Annihilator, the person with the pistol will likely snipe the pilot before the helicopter gets a single hit with the minigun. You can also keep the minigun locked on a car for 10 seconds, and it won't blow up.

The Lazer has rockets and explosive minigun rounds, but the draw distance means you can't see other players until you're close enough to be one second from crashing into the ground. If you're really good with it, you can start pinpointing the rockets after a few passes.

The only aerial weapon that poses a threat is the Buzzard's rockets, especially with a copilot manning the camera. It's almost too easy to get kills with it.

Only the Ahnialator from Gay Tony had explosive rounds. Vanilla GTAIV was regular minigun rounds.

I need to use the blackhawk more, I don't think its that difficult to aim. It's just a super clunky helicopter to control especially with how responsive it used to be in IV

torontoml

Yeah not liking the reduced mission rewards, especially when I still can't even buy the cash cards. Their reasoning of future heists is great and all but they should have just reduced them when the heists went live.

On a positive note, was able to get two bounties in less than 10 seconds last night. Both guys were traveling in the same vehicle, I parked my car on a hill across the river, sniped the passenger, then the driver got scared and backed his car into the river and had to get out, giving me an easy snipe to the head.

E92 M3

Yeah not liking the reduced mission rewards, especially when I still can't even buy the cash cards. Their reasoning of future heists is great and all but they should have just reduced them when the heists went live.

On a positive note, was able to get two bounties in less than 10 seconds last night. Both guys were traveling in the same vehicle, I parked my car on a hill across the river, sniped the passenger, then the driver got scared and backed his car into the river and had to get out, giving me an easy snipe to the head.

Bounty hunting is one of the more fun things to do -- especially when I disappear from the radar before the kill and stalk the prey.

My single experience with GTA Race was one on a bicycle. I was in second place, far behind the leader; when I approached the finish line, the leader was waiting for me and killed me. Being on a bike, it was extremely easy to do. So yeah.

bicycle races are awful in any form IMO. but definitely in gta race. cars or motos it's fun tho i think.

who said u only have 4 missions to pick from in the replay menu? cos i'm on xbox and i still have 6...

Yeah, we should all man up and grind the game like a second job.
I don't grind., nearly everyone here has played more than me.

The risk/reward for bounty hunting was awesome! The adrenaline from seeing dots approach and fighting to protect your hard earned money.

I knew this would happen eventually its just a little bit of a bummer. I wish they would've focused on rectifing the bad sport for blowing up personal vehicles.

Oh well. I'm over it.

Ploid 3.0

This is one thing I wish R* would nab from Saint's Row IV. They could add an iFruit iHusk! iPea?

Also the cruse control to aim while shooting, heck even the aim while driving without cruse control. Aiming and driving on one button for GTAV sucks, especially when the camera shifts to the side before the crosshairs appear.

Haines

Banned
GTAO is starting to finally feel very exciting. Seeing R* being pretty transparent, issuing weekly patches that actually address the most desperate issues, and over heading in a good direction gives me a lot of hope that Im not wasting my time with it.

This could be the start of something very very big I thinks.

Gold Member
Not sure abt the level / mission nerf. I was just playing mixed up with the coke (lvl45) and two players in their teens joined, so it looks to be ok on XBL at least.

Good they dropped the free roam price death too :)

SirYoshi

FUCK THIS GAME. I'm so tired. Oh so tired. Turn lvl 50, get lots of money. Screen freezes when entering apartment and I cant do anything. Restart the game, I'm lvl 44.

617e60cd351cb957c3e88028c33677c352.png

aro52

Also the cruse control to aim while shooting, heck even the aim while driving without cruse control. Aiming and driving on one button for GTAV sucks, especially when the camera shifts to the side before the crosshairs appear.

Yup. Having lock-on while on foot, and NOT while in a fast moving car, shooting at a moving target, is mind boggling!

Ploid 3.0

What do you mean all your alts? You have more than two unlocked slots?

I have 3 characters.

across 2 psn accounts

Glitching the system, don't bann me Rockstar! Don't bann me from Tera Online En Masse, I have all classes, you gave me level 56 characters for almost all of them during your levelup promotion. D:

Cess007

Finally saved enough to buy an apartament (89k~; I've played a lot of races in order to save that much) Man, properties shouldn't cost that much in-game or missions/races/TDM should give you more money that they do now; more than once i though of giving-up with the online due this :/

Arcteryx

has anyone found a f620 online? if so was it "too hot to modify"? can't seem to buy it online so it would be stupid if it was too hot

It's one of the cars not purchasable online so you need to find it on the street.

I'm seeing a TON of server issues atm. Just lost some rank progress and then all of a sudden gained like $7000.

Ploid 3.0

I have crossed that car, but I thought I wouldn't be able to take it to the chopshop since it looked high end enough to be too hot (cars should have a hud item to say they are too hot or something). I figured it was a car you buy. It don't look all that fast at least, so I probably didn't miss out. At least it'll be easy to notice due to that grill.

All cars would be easier to identify if the framerate was any good. Even when hunting baller SUVs I have a hard time panning the camera to check the side of them as I roll by. I suppose the Lester find car ability would be useful for this, I never tried it.

Falt

What's going on with Armoured trucks!?

I'm in a session right now with 2 other random players. There's armoured trucks spawning constantly. Take one down and 30 seconds to a minute later another one is on the map. I've made 60k so far. Before this session I had only seen 2 spawn, total.

Is this a regular thing for anyone else? Something to do with the patch maybe?

Ploid 3.0

What's going on with English bulldog!?

I'm in a session right now with 2 other random players. There's english bulldogs spawning constantly. Take one down and 30 seconds to a minute later another one is on the map. I've made 6k so far. Before this session I had only seen 2 spawn, total.

Is this a regular thing for anyone else? Something to do with the patch maybe?

Shhhhhhhhhh Shhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhh shh shush sush silencio quiet!

has anyone found a f620 online? if so was it "too hot to modify"? can't seem to buy it online so it would be stupid if it was too hot

I have, fairly rare but I've seen them around the Rockford area. You can stash and modify them, though they have no available cosmetic mods outside of wheels and paint.

Symphonia

Banned
So pissed off. I'd just done ten missions in a row, along with collecting several cars for Simeon and robbed a few stores, and earned myself a tidy little profit. I bought up the phone, went to deposit the money into my bank and my game crashed. It said it had saved the game after completing the mission before I went to deposit but I lost the money anyway, nearly $25000, damn it.

Jomtos

Neo Member
So pissed off. I'd just done ten missions in a row, along with collecting several cars for Simeon and robbed a few stores, and earned myself a tidy little profit. I bought up the phone, went to deposit the money into my bank and my game crashed. It said it had saved the game after completing the mission before I went to deposit but I lost the money anyway, nearly $25000, damn it.

I feel you

Falt

lol, honestly though it's just probably pure luck. They usually spawn when they feel like it, and sometimes they spawn when you enter the world after a job.

I think it's a little more than luck. It's just me and this other guy now. We've teamed up. I've made about 140k so far. The only unfortunate thing is that the option to share cash is greyed out when it comes to armoured trucks. So we're taking turns on grabbing the cash.

Really bizarre but I'm not complaining.

Symphonia

Banned
They also frequent Vinewood Hills in the weekend afternoons. Yes, it seems it's that specific. Keep an eye on the weekdays. :)
Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Or an Adder, come to think of it. I don't think I've ever see an Adder anywhere online, bar the personal vehicles belonging to other players.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Or an Adder, come to think of it. I don't think I've ever see an Adder anywhere online, bar the personal vehicles belonging to other players.
I've seen the Adder spawn very rarely in the driveways of the houses in the hills (by Martin's house), otherwise you have to buy them for $1.5Mil.

Ploid 3.0

I think it's a little more than luck. It's just me and this other guy now. We've teamed up. I've made about 140k so far. The only unfortunate thing is that the option to share cash is greyed out when it comes to armoured trucks. So we're taking turns on grabbing the cash.

Really bizarre but I'm not complaining.

Yeah Rockstar disabled sharing money. Once again they claim it's a glitch just like they said disabled replay job is a glitch. Next up nerf on armored trucks money. 1k -3k per truck.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
From the patch notes:

• Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option

I think I'm going to create an alt.

edit: Also added TU 1.04 notes to the OP.

Ploid 3.0

From the patch notes:

• Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option

I think I'm going to create an alt.

Better looking huh. I'll test it out but I doubt it. Should just let us control the looks ourselves.

Falt

THIS IS CRAZY MONEY. Sitting at around 200k now from armoured trucks.

Yeah Rockstar disabled sharing money. Once again they claim it's a glitch just like they said disabled replay job is a glitch. Next up nerf on armored trucks money. 1k -3k per truck.

I just tested it there with the random guy I'm playing with. We robbed a 24/7. Can still share money from that but not the armoured trucks.

Has the stimulus money been dispersed yet? I still can't login to PSN :/

Also how much can you get from armored trucks? I still haven't seen one and I'm at a high enough level.

Gorillaz

Guy chases after me to get S's car to storage
I kill guy chasing me at after I deliver said car
Guy gets kill on me real quick
Guy goes straight into passive mode

why is this even a thing

Guy chases after me to get S's car to storage
I kill guy chasing me at after I deliver said car
Guy gets kill on me real quick
Guy kills me goes into passive

why is this even a thing

Yea that's so stupid. I turned on passive mode once because I kept getting killed. I got in my car and was immediately shot. Fuck passive mode.

Ploid 3.0

WTF? I thought sharing money with other people was a legitimate "feature"?

They disable features to later fix problems people exploit with them. People exploited the replay mission feature to make money on missions with good rewards (filthy gamers, disgust me when they do this /s), so replay had to go. Their first attempt in removing replay was botched and it was discovered that you can hit R2 at the post mission page with scores to immediately replay it again (true exploiters, scum). Now people with a ton of money from the garage glitch are offloading money to random people. Rockstar fixed it by making money trades unavailable (allegedly). Rockstar PR says both cases are glitches :).

People exploited trash bin no.361 in a survival mission to safely kill Hawk Eye hillbillies in a survival. It appears people also exploited roof cover 0XJ220 in another survival. Both cases racking up the mad CRAZY RP and $$ over a good amount of time each session (survival takes time). Rockstar didn't like it, nerfed both positions, dusts hands from job well done. Keeping things in order.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So, a quick question, does everyone have more baseball caps than just this one?

My friend's character has some blue and white one, but I only have the chavy looking one ,of which I choose not to wear on principle due to how bad it looks.

Top Bottom