• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

It's everything any fan has ever wanted. The first thing I thought, and this is cliche, but regardless, the first thing I thought was how is this seriously running on the HD twins? It literally, no sarcasm, no joke, seems like wizardry. I wish I knew enough about programming, because if I did, I'd find out that this game has some sort of secret sauce encoded within. That's how huge and content filled the gameplay seems.
In terms of scope and ambition it truly seems that GTA V is to IV as San Andreas was to III.

cdkee

Banned
I just took a quick peek in the other thread and got a spoiler. It's something that I suspected would occur, but thankfully it was just a brief mention.

So yes, that thread is not safe. Don't do it.

hayguyz

Banned
I always reloaded a save whenever I failed a mission, got busted, or wasted.

Is there any difference with GTA V Five to make it less burdensome to keep on playing?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I just got word that all day Tuesday I have to do job interviews for potential candidates. Quite literally all day because there are about 10 of them.

Ah well, at least that will make the wait for UPS a bit less of a stalker like situation.

I just took a quick peek in the other thread and got a spoiler. It's something that I suspected would occur, but thankfully it was just a brief mention.

So yes, that thread is not safe. Don't do it.

I was in there at its earliest stages, so all I really saw were blurry, obscure Vines of some mundane stuff (which of course looked awesome).

I'm glad I cut it there, this game will basically still feel fresh when I pop it in because I really haven't seen nothing.

v0mitg0d

Michael is set to be one of my favorite game characters of all time, I love his character. I love his voice actor, I love the better modeled facial animations in the later trailers. I love bank robberies and the high life.

Michael is going to be my guy.

Yeah he's really interesting too. I love the line "I'm Rich, but I'm miserable! Hey, I'm pretty average for this town."

Alienous

I always reloaded a save whenever I failed a mission, got busted, or wasted.

Is there any difference with GTA V Five to make it less burdensome to keep on playing?

I don't think Rockstar have given any indication of that.

Missions have checkpoints, according to the previews. The penalties of getting busted, or wasted, aren't really known.

Praise the sun, I will get the game today and maybe take some direct screenshots from the game if anybody is interested. Thanks gaf for keeping me sane during the last couple of days :)

mrboo001

Banned
4 days left... I can barely contain the hype! This game is looking amazing! If it wasn't for me starting to watch Breaking Bad I won't know how I'd survive the weekend.

cdkee

Banned
I was in there at its earilest stages, so all I really saw were blurry, obscure Vines of some mundane stuff (which of course looked awesome).

I'm glad I cut it there, this game will basically still feel fresh when I pop it in because I really haven't seen nothing.

Yeah same, I was in there all day yesterday, seeing all the Instagram and Vine videos of basis GTA shenanigans like driving and shooting. Didn't want to see story spoilers though.

I repeat: if you want to see gameplay, but no story spoilers, don't even think about going over there. I just got something kind of big spoiled.

My memory is fuzzy.

Did Rockstar say they wouldn't do anything like Episdoes from LC again? What kind of DLC would we have instead? Hopefully not just loads of multiplayer stuff...

Sounds like there will not be an "episodes of LC" type thing, but Rockstar has not said either way. Before GTAIV came out they had promises of DLC, but nobody knew what it would be. It was relatively easy to infer that they'd bring in new characters who would be set during the events of the game, because some missions (like the museum heist mission) were very obviously planned for 3 characters.

it sounds like GTA V is an completed experience and won't have DLC.

They are committed to releasing content for GTA Online. Benzies said in an interview that they'll be releasing new missions "faster than gamers can play it." I think the focus will be on GTA Online, but it also sounds like there will be many "solitary" GTA Online missions that you won't need friends/others to play. It also sounds like you can hire computer controlled NPCs as well to fill in certain roles.

I'm itching for a Los Santos zombie DLC mode one day. It'd be awesome.

antitrop

Yeah he's really interesting too. I love the line "I'm Rich, but I'm miserable! Hey, I'm pretty average for this town."
I'm very interested to hear the full line of "A few weeks ago I was happily sulking by my swimming pool".

In the final trailer there is a small cut between happily and sulking. Might just be profanity, or there might be more to it. :p

Fjordson

I don't think Rockstar have given any indication of that.

Missions have checkpoints, according the the previews. The penalties of getting busted, or wasted, aren't really known.
You keep your weapons and everything. Way less strict than past games, it's great.

I'm very interested to hear the full line of "A few weeks ago I was happily sulking by my swimming pool".

In the final trailer there is a small cut between happily and sulking. Might just be profanity, or there might be more to it. :p
Yeah, that line sounded awkward in the trailer. Might be a cut or something.

But I have to say, Ned Luke gives a hell of a performance as Michael in this game.

v0mitg0d

Just for kicks going through the GTAIV OT , starting at posts around 04-24-2008 and people were flipping tables all over the place hehe.

A GTA release really gets (most of) the community going like no other--it's fantastic how most just come together in excitment!

chugen

so rockstar are confirmed wizards. i can't think of what they will do on next gen, i don't want to hurt my tiny ant brain.

AkuMifune

Banned
Bought off US PSN. I have to have this on my HDD, willing to take the chance on a late download time Monday night though. Also upgraded my internet connection. ;)

Such a shitty week, having GTAV on the horizon is giving me a light at the end of the tunnel. At least it's finally fucking friday. The 13th. lulz

Covfan

We will see, it will took about 15 hours for my line to download 17,2 GB of data :|
It would have made sense to get the pre load up and running for the weekend so that it can take advantage of the less bandwidth used at weekends when people aren't at work (especially Sundays) but then again, this isn't a situation where logic prevails.

Found this on facebook
cYV8sXT.jpg

Arun1910

UK PSN Store now says the game is available to download on 16/09/13, not today as advertised.

Not happy.

OH that is fucking annoying. I have £50 in my PSN wallet waiting for this.

I can't believe it! The whole reason I went for preload is cause I am going to Uni on Sunday and I can't go to a store and the game would be delivered to my house, not my uni accomodation.

Thats ridiculous! So fucking angry. Why have they delayed the pre load?!

MBS

Banned
Does anyone know if the EU PS3 preload will be available to play in 17th 00:01, or when the EU store updates at Wednesday?

Covfan

If the reason is that they don't want more leaks to come from the preload then considering the game is now out there it's locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I wonder why they delayed PSN preload from today to Monday, since people who want to crack the game files open can do that with X360 version, which already leaked, and with PS3 version which already leaked couple of weeks ago (and people will surely get their hands on the disc version and upload the files somewhere this weekend, if not today).

I just hope I'll be able to download the damn thing before midnight/Tuesday. And then go to sleep and let PS3 cool down a bit after the whole day of downloading. Nice move, SCEE. /s

Denzar

MOTHERFUCK.

I got strict orders not to sell the game before september 17th, and not even staff can buy it. Our shipment arrives tomorrow. This is like the only fucking game ever that staff is not allowed to buy before street date! Are they fucking kidding me? Really? it had to be GTA V?

I'll get so shitfaced saturday night that I can barely even walk straight on sunday. That way I know I probably won't be thinking of GTA V that much. And when I DO think about it, I'll know I'm in no state to enjoy the game properly because of my massive hangover.

Arun1910

MOTHERFUCK.

I got strict orders not to sell the game before september 17th, and not even staff can buy it. Our shipment arrives tomorrow. This is like the only fucking game ever that staff is not allowed to buy before street date! Are they fucking kidding me? Really? it had to be GTA V?

I'll get so shitfaced saturday night that I can barely even walk straight on sunday. That way I know I probably won't be thinking of GTA V that much. And when I DO think about it, I'll know I'm in no state to enjoy the game properly because of my massive hangover.

At least you didn't pay £50 and got gimped on a pre load. I seriously cant get my head around this. Now everyone is going to preload on the same god damn day.

Nugg

MOTHERFUCK.

Can I ask where you work?

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
MOTHERFUCK.

Wow you have to wait three days.
You need to take a chill pill.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
MOTHERFUCK.

Henry Rollins it really is you!

dandoolan

So has anyone who's had 'Dispatching Now' on Amazon UK actually had it switch to 'Dispatched' yet?

Mines been like that since yesterday and hasn't actually dispatched yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom