• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris.

Banned
Thinking of wearing a home made GTAV shirt and my Scribblenauts pre-order bonus hat to the launch. GAF, are you wearing anything special to show your love at the midnight launch you may be attending, or to pick up your copy?

I'll be wearing sum flannel and I'll be covered in sweat cuz I'm going to a folk punk show right before. :D

dugdug

Banned
I'm sure this has already been asked / covered, but, has anyone heard for certain that the PSN version will be up at midnight PST in NA? Like, super/ultra confirmed?

I have the day scheduled off for work, but, I'd rather go in if it isn't up till 4 EST. Thanks, and sorry if this was answered already. Hard to find in 100+ pages, you know?

Zukuu

Banned
I'll go naked when I pick my copy up to show that my body is READY. and with that I mean
digital download at home

Zukuu

Banned
I'm sure this has already been asked / covered, but, has anyone heard for certain that the PSN version will be up at midnight PST in NA? Like, super/ultra confirmed?

I have the day scheduled off for work, but, I'd rather go in if it isn't up till 4 EST. Thanks, and sorry if this was answered already. Hard to find in 100+ pages, you know?

that's what the psn description of the game says. 12:01am pst sep 17.

chugen

Thinking of wearing a home made GTAV shirt and my Scribblenauts pre-order bonus hat to the launch. GAF, are you wearing anything special to show your love at the midnight launch you may be attending, or to pick up your copy?

OwmPZ5t.jpg

Jhoan

I don't think I'll be reading any reviews at all for fear of spoilers except choice excerpts. Newegg still hasn't sent out a confirmation email but I believe it's 3 Day shipping for the game. Their customer service has been good in the past in any case.

Too bad I won't have much time to play it for most if next week since I have homework and classes M-W plus a club fair plus a potential internship interview once I get a reply, and a tour to go to on Saturday morning (plus more homework/readings to do). I'm staying far away from that spoiler thread.

lem0n

My woman ordered me the V shirt from Rockstar Warehouse for the midnight launch. So I hope it's here before Monday night. She did pay extra for the 2 day shipping so it SHOULD be here today!

I'm also gonna rock the Los Santos hat on the way home

spats

The preload getting pushed back to the 16th is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. What fucking use is it if I won't be able to download the huge-ass game in time for launch? I think I'm going to ask for a refund and just go buy a goddamn physical copy on launch day.

Arun1910

The preload getting pushed back to the 16th is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. What fucking use is it if I won't be able to download the huge-ass game in time for launch? I think I'm going to ask for a refund and just go buy a goddamn physical copy on launch day.

Join us and be heard - http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto/GTA-V-Pre-load/m-p/19733915#M55732

Eurogamer and a lot of news sites are reporting our anger. It really doesnt make sense why all of us now have to download 18GB in a day.

How big is the game? I was able to download The Last of Us day 1 digital in the afternoon and it took about 2 hours (I didn't start the game while the rest was downloading. Let it finish all the way). I have standard comcast internet.

I guess GTA V is a totally different level, and Sony doesn't have the best track record for being stable during high traffic.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
what if instead of IGN gushing over GTA V like you guys are expecting, what if it's an 8/10?

will IGN have credibility then? or are they damned if they do, damned if they don't?

what if instead of IGN gushing over GTA V like you guys are expecting, what if it's an 8/10?

will IGN have credibility then? or are they damned if they do, damned if they don't?

Ehm I could respect their review no matter the score, but I would never give any credibility to fucking IGN, too much BS in the last years for that to be fixed by one review.

Arun1910

How big is the game? I was able to download The Last of Us day 1 digital in the afternoon and it took about 2 hours (I didn't start the game while the rest was downloading. Let it finish all the way). I have standard comcast internet.

I guess GTA V is a totally different level, and Sony doesn't have the best track record for being stable during high traffic.

To me it's not so much the one day thing.

I am going to University on Sunday and wanted this preloaded at home. I just don't know how reliable the Uni internet is. Combine that with the whole of the UK downloading 18GB at the same time... it's a recipe for disaster.

I pre-ordered the $80 special edition on Amazon a while back, and I'm considering cancelling to get the $60 standard copy from Microsoft Store with the free $20 in MSP. Is the SE really going to be worth it?

Zukuu

Banned

18gb in download. 36 gb needed for install (will probably take 18gb once installed).

Any BritGAF's managed to get a copy yet? I won't be getting mine until Monday 11:00am just been told.

I was expecting mine Monday as well, but there are rumours now that Shopto might not be shipping til Monday. I'll be pissed if that's the case.
I wish there were more, or actually any, indie stores here that I could maybe get an early copy from. Can't imagine HMV or Game are gonna give any away early.

tookhster

Damn, I got excited to see that Rockstar Warehouse finally sent me an email, but it just confirmed my payment went through and told me they'll send another email when my CE ships.

Oh well, it's not like I'm going to get it early from Rockstar Warehouse, of all places.

spats

I live in Finland and my connection isn't the best. I was counting on being able to start the download on the 13th, which SCEE themselves promised. It's over 17 gigs, by the way.

PSN will be a complete wreck so downloading it in just a day is out of the goddamn question.

Arun1910

I live in Finland and my connection isn't the best. I was counting on being able to start the download on the 13th, which SCEE themselves promised. It's over 17 gigs, by the way.

PSN will be a complete wreck so downloading it in just a day is out of the goddamn question.

What I want is an official statement to why this is happening. And if it mentions the retail versions leaking I will flip as the Digital version has nothing to do with that

iNvid02

dont go into the spoiler thread,you start off with a little peek or two and then you're viewing all the gifs, it escalates quickly to the streams and can go as far as watching the story missions on said streams

notworthit

Anyone going at midnight? Still debating if I want to go or not. I didn't take off the next day so work will be brutal...
I am, though I am going AFTER midnight. Why you ask? So I can walk in, and walk out in 5 minutes, and not deal with waiting in line for over an hour.

ALSO.....not sure if old/new, so apologies if it's known.....buuuttt.....

GTA V Special Edition guide for $22.19 at Amazon for PRIME members

I had a $10 credit on my account. So I got it for $12.19. I know in this day and age, cell phones and the internets have made guides completely useless pretty much. But I couldn't resist, as the price is 40% off normal retail. And it's freaking GTA, this book will have it all. Though, I am slightly tempted to cancel my order. What say you Gaf -
Would you buy the Hard Bound SE GTA V guide for $12.19? What about $22.19?

Thanks for any and all input...this can't come soon enough!!!

spats

What I want is an official statement to why this is happening. And if it mentions the retail versions leaking I will flip as the Digital version has nothing to do with that

I asked one of the SCEE community guys on Twitter to forward the thread to the European store team. I imagine it won't make much of a difference but we'll see.

dont go into the spoiler thread,you start off with a little peek or two and then you're viewing all the gifs, it escalates quickly to the streams and can go as far as watching the story missions on said streams

notworthit

Yeah, this is exactly why I'm avoiding it. This is precisely what I would do, lol.

Acorn

Urgh, why are take two being so god damn crazy with shops not being able to dispatch the game?

Its gonna leak, you could store it in fort knox and it'll still leak, all this and halting preloading is doing is punishing legitimate customers.

Urgh, why are take two being so god damn crazy with shops not being able to dispatch the game?

Its gonna leak, you could store it in fort knox and it'll still leak, all this and halting preloading is doing is punishing legitimate customers.

It's already leaked. 360 version is all over internet.

Them pushing the preload date back at this point is completely and utterly useless. This doesn't prevent or solve anything. It just makes things worse and pisses off consumers.

They may be waiting for a day-one patch, which is absurd.

18gb in my connection will take all day, and if they don't make the download aviable at midnight, I won't be able to play it at midnight of the 17th

Can anyone who got an early copy confirm if there is already a patch?

hayguyz

Banned
posted in the stream thread but,

The streams caused me to order this game. I had planned on waiting for $40, but I'm too excited now.

oxidax

So should i wait in line or just walk into gamestop after 12 ?

I really want this game but im not THAT desperate to get in line for 2 hours and be one of the "first" ones to have it. My local gamestop says that they have about 300+ preorders and they expect a third of that to be there at midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom