• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Sweet Michael avatar up for grabs!

hiGmvwM.png

Yes, I am insanely bored.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can we please not even put spoilers in here. Even if it's mundane I would rather now even see and accidentally view since the spoilers are automatically highlighted for me.

Spazznid

can anyone with a review copy, or will someone let the rest of us know if the game can compare to the visual quality of the trailers?

LiquidMetal14

can anyone with a review copy, or will someone let the rest of us know if the game can compare to the visual quality of the trailers?

I'd like to know as well because we already saw improvements on the PS3 end coming from GTA4 to RDR. I imagine this will look at least as good on both even if the same resolution differences between the past games on different platforms.

Gaz_RB

Man, idk if I like mixing Passive mode with regular play...hopefully it takes a few seconds to turn on so you can't just turn it on when you're scared. I hope there's an option to play with passive mode disabled.

Don't get me wrong, I'll want to use it sometime, but I'd rather it be a separate mode like Red Dead.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Man, idk if I like mixing Passive mode with regular play...hopefully it takes a few seconds to turn on so you can't just turn it on when you're scared. I hope there's an option to play with passive mode disabled.

Don't get me wrong, I'll want to use it sometime, but I'd rather it be a separate mode like Red Dead.

What's passive mode?

LiquidMetal14

Is there any clear advantage to get this for the ps3 or 360?
No one knows yet. You can try and base your judgement on the past games. You can use any reasoning you want. Some will go 360 because of the past games while others may choose PS3 because they don't want to pay for XBL on 360.

If you're going to hinge it on visuals you can almost be sure that it will be a little cleaner on 360 but the graphics on RDR were very close minus the resolution difference. Again, this is a different game and Rockstar has done an amazing job (per usual) on keeping this under tight wraps.

It compares. Slightly less aliasing on the 360 version (I haven't seen the PS3 version). Runs at a pretty consistent 30fps. That is all I can really say.

Man, that Los Santos Rock Radio playlist ... God tier.

I have been avoiding some of the bigger story-related threads until now but I'm ready to jump into the OT and all its glory.

I'm thinking I'll be getting the 360 version since I don't own a PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 in the future. Thinking of it as a final hurrah for my 360 before it gets put away.

Then again, maybe I'll go get a PS3 after all.

SlickVic

I find it interesting that the game is 1 week away, but from what I can tell, none of the game review sites have acknowledged whether there's an embargo for reviews, or when it's up. Hearing some saying IGN's will be up early, but can't find that mentioned on their site (possible I'm missing it). Wonder if part of the deal with the embargo is not mentioning when it'll be up.

Con_Smith

Banned
I'm kinda glad we get a break between single and multiplayer. This gives people like me who take in the most obscure places on the map a chance to plan out my ideal missions like I have since 3. Only now I can actually make it happen and play them out with friends!

RawNuts

I find it interesting that the game is 1 week away, but from what I can tell, none of the game review sites have acknowledged whether there's an embargo for reviews, or when it's up. Hearing some saying IGN's will be up early, but can't find that mentioned on their site (possible I'm missing it). Wonder if part of the deal with the embargo is not mentioning when it'll be up.
First rule of review embargos is not talking about review embargos I guess? Other than the audio leaks, Rockstar seems to have this pretty locked down.

dandoolan

To those of you who have never had an Amazon (UK) package arrive early. I might actually be able to explain that. If you purchase the guaranteed next day delivery Amazon will use a courier rather than Royal Mail.

Due to the high reliability of these couriers Amazon will dispatch the day before, leaving you to receive the package at best on release day, but if you go one step below to first class, in order for Amazon to ensure release day delivery they have to ship earlier than that to allow 2 days. This naturally leads to some people receiving the game in one day and therefore early.

In this case, people on 'next day' will have their copies of GTA shipped on the Monday the 16th and receive them on the 17th as expected and people on 'first class' will have their copies shipped on Saturday 14th leaving them to potentially receive it on the 16th or 17th.

I actually confirmed this was the case for my copy with Amazon customer service yesterday. I have it set as first class.

ScreenShot2013-09-08at201712.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom