• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I've never played Lost and Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony.

Guess I have something to do for a week, I've owned them on Steam since some sale a long time ago.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Well Shopto is shipping on the 14th as you can see in a picture posted somewhere earlier in this thread.

I also thought they only requested it, it's not like they are not allowing it right?

Yeah they only requested, but it's not like you can tell amazon etc not to ship before 16th

Aleph

So, I live in Argentina where games take a while to get around. I already have it ordered, and it's supposed to be delivered on the last week of September, along with PES 2014 (and I'm getting Beyond: Two Souls in October). On an impulse, I just pre-ordered it on the PSN so I can download it on that very same day. I think I might be going crazy.

Same here, I was going to pre-order it at a store here until R* announced the PSN pre-order, which ended up being around half as expensive as the other option.

FloatOn

Awesome OT Buckethead. As with most of the big name releases, I won't be participating much in the OT thread once I get the game. Once the honeymoon ends, it tends to get too snarky for my tastes.

I would ask that before any of us go off the deep end one way or another, consider a few factors when playing GTAV.

1. We know the media, particularly the games media is going to fluff the shit out of this game, even writers we respect. Take the overblown praise with a grain of salt.

2. Likewise, be ready for the know it all cynics who will dump shitloads of hate on GTAV and praise Sleeping Dogs, SRIII or IV Just Cause 2 or whatever sandbox game as the best ever, or just point to GTAV as another high profile AAA release as boring tripe that can't compare to some sacred PC game released in 1999. Why these people even bothered with GTAV when they knew and we knew they'd hate it, I'll never know.

3. There will be shit in GTAV that has been in the series for years that some other game does better, or Rockstar still hasn't fixed since the PS2 days. Floaty driving, gunplay, annoying race and chase missions, there will probably be some facet.

4. I'd recommend as much of a blackout as possible, experience the thing as uninformed and uninfluenced as possible. This worked for me with RDR (though I still found out about the climax even though I never read directly what happened). I'm looking forward going through this bad boy with fresh eyes.

I'm not saying that everyone has to like GTAV or won't find another game better, but it doesn't take long for the tide to turn of games like these.

this is derrick01 and his schtick amuses me to no end.

good points in general too.

DukeBobby

I've never played Lost and Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony.

Guess I have something to do for a week, I've owned them on Steam since some sale a long time ago.

Ballad of Gay Tony is fantastic, and one of my favourite pieces of DLC ever.

I didn't care much for Lost and Damned, but it's still worth playing.

Oh my God hurry up and get here next week.

I have a BBQ competition Saturday. Then watching the Mayweather fight.

Then I am off work all week. And my wife has agreed to let me continue to take the baby to daycare next week.

And GTA V drops.

OMFG my life is freaking amazing starting Friday for like a week and 2 days.

Garret

Same here, I was going to pre-order it at a store here until R* announced the PSN pre-order, which ended up being around half as expensive as the other option.

Expensive hobby we have, mate, and it gets even more expensive living in this kind of countries. I don't know how I'm going to do that day to be able to play, with work and all that. Next weekend can't come soon enough.

RawNuts

I'm glad this shop realizes the importance of this game.
original.jpg
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/09/you-arent-the-only-one-taking-a-day-off-for-grand-theft-auto-v/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Awesome OT Buckethead. As with most of the big name releases, I won't be participating much in the OT thread once I get the game. Once the honeymoon ends, it tends to get too snarky for my tastes.

I would ask that before any of us go off the deep end one way or another, consider a few factors when playing GTAV.

1. We know the media, particularly the games media is going to fluff the shit out of this game, even writers we respect. Take the overblown praise with a grain of salt.

2. Likewise, be ready for the know it all cynics who will dump shitloads of hate on GTAV and praise Sleeping Dogs, SRIII or IV Just Cause 2 or whatever sandbox game as the best ever, or just point to GTAV as another high profile AAA release as boring tripe that can't compare to some sacred PC game released in 1999. Why these people even bothered with GTAV when they knew and we knew they'd hate it, I'll never know.

3. There will be shit in GTAV that has been in the series for years that some other game does better, or Rockstar still hasn't fixed since the PS2 days. Floaty driving, gunplay, annoying race and chase missions, there will probably be some facet.

4. I'd recommend as much of a blackout as possible, experience the thing as uninformed and uninfluenced as possible. This worked for me with RDR (though I still found out about the climax even though I never read directly what happened). I'm looking forward going through this bad boy with fresh eyes.

I'm not saying that everyone has to like GTAV or won't find another game better, but it doesn't take long for the tide to turn of games like these.

You probably answered in College Football GAF, but PS3 or 360?

4. I'd recommend as much of a blackout as possible, experience the thing as uninformed and uninfluenced as possible. This worked for me with RDR (though I still found out about the climax even though I never read directly what happened). I'm looking forward going through this bad boy with fresh eyes..

Thats the plan!

Interesting seeing folks playing Vice City Stories. I got a copy of it when I bought a used PSP off of someone via Craigslist and have never touched it. Maybe I'll give it a whirl this week :p

I'm not really sure why you wouldn't want to see that. It's just a map.

Plus if you've seen any of the more popular fan-made ones from the last few months, surprise, you've been "spoiled.'"

Those of you that have held out, just continue to do so. Though the map doesn't give much ground level detail, it'll still be better going in completely blind. Much too late for me.

Amazon UK says I should get my copy next thursday. The only day I am working next week is next Thursday.

I am starting to think I should cancel my order and buy it at retail even if its 20 euro more expensive. I dont want to wait a extra 3 days.

What happened there?

Ray was the first one

- "[Ray Liotta] was a very interesting guy to work with because we had to have him in for quite a long time. In some sessions he was so fired up and he was into it, but then sometimes it'd be like he was in some kind of a hole, and he was very dark and couldn't work. He's a pretty amazing guy, kind of an amazing actor."

But... "He made some comments later on through his agent, something like, 'Hey, that game was so big I should have charged them more money', and I hate that kind of chat. It's so cheesy. Like he's saying, 'Next time I'm really going to pin it to them'. Well, how about we just killed off your character? There is no next time. That's how we handle that."

- "I'll be honest, it's easier to work with someone who's keen and enthusiastic, and not been in hundreds of films. Sometimes you get a famous person in and they literally just read of the script, they want the cheque, and they want to go. I find that insulting and depressing."

http://www.gamesradar.com/sam-houser-gta-iv-crazier-than-ever/?page=2

Ireland don't have it?
I would get it somewhere else, no point in waiting when you could get it day 1 somewhere else.

But its 20 euro cheaper if I eat the extra few days for delivery......

:/ I think Ill preoder in gamestop tomorrow and cancel my amazon order. I want dat blimp.

Gav47

Mine says it's coming on the 17th, did you get release day delivery?

Ahh that must be it, I have free delivery. No point in paying extra for better shipping to Ireland since there's no next day service and the others only take two days anyway.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh that must be it, I have free delivery. No point in paying extra for better shipping to Ireland since there's no next day service and the others only take two days anyway.

Like I said before why not just get it somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom