• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coiote

Do we know how PS3 and X360 versions peforrm?

I was trying to wait for the next gen versions, but I think I may give in and get the PS3 version, hoping for a eventual $10 digital upgrade program, like we are already getting from many games.

FloatOn

Honestly, I think this is all I'm going to need to play until Dark Souls 2 drops.

My hype is telling me that this is all I will need.

SlickVic

First rule of review embargos is not talking about review embargos I guess? Other than the audio leaks, Rockstar seems to have this pretty locked down.

Yeah, with how carefully controlled Rockstar's PR is with managing their games, I guess it wouldn't be shocking.

A friend has just replaced a laptop he had stolen months ago, he's now expecting me to play DayZ and Wasteland every night. I might accidentally nudge a drink with my elbow when he's not looking.

Garret

So, I live in Argentina where games take a while to get around. I already have it ordered, and it's supposed to be delivered on the last week of September, along with PES 2014 (and I'm getting Beyond: Two Souls in October). On an impulse, I just pre-ordered it on the PSN so I can download it on that very same day. I think I might be going crazy.

Spazznid

9718675717_7bdd3244aa_o.gif

My whole day of playing GTA V.

So I just saw a transcript about GTA V and
strangely enough it was completely false. But you know that movie 300? It
totally sucks that all the main characters except for
the
people not at the
battle die near the end, I was really
hoping to see somebody survive.

Either way, I'm going to learn this map probably better than my home town.

djblue89

Don't jinx it guys, it's only Tuesday, I'm guessing most stores will have all their stock by Thursday, so I think Thursday is the day that most likely it will leak IMO.

Mistah

strangely enough it was completely false. But you know that movie 300? It[totally sucks that all the main characters except for the people not at the battle die near the end, I was reallyhoping to see somebody survive.

Dude just use spoiler on everything except the "So I just saw a transcript about GTA V"

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Other than the site being down, I don't think I ever on purpose had a No GAF Day...sounds horrible :)

Yeah I don't remember a day where I haven't at least looked at the first page.
GAF is pretty much where I get all my gaming news so, and off topic for normal news sometimes.

Buckethead, great OP. Thanks for all your effort!

I'm tempted to go for the 500gb PS3 bundle. I've got a full BC 60gb and am afraid of it dying (and it has a tiny HDD). What version of the PS3 is it? Is it more / less reliable than the launch units? $270, though -- my wife would killllll me.

Mistah

Don't jinx it guys, it's only Tuesday, I'm guessing most stores will have all their stock by Thursday, so I think Thursday is the day that most likely it will leak IMO.

Some stores even got it already but Rockstar asked everyone to hold it if not they will get heavy fines

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
the
people not at the

Hahaha, I see what you did there atleast.

MMaRsu

FLYINGPIRANHA STOP POSTING SPOILERS PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WTF ARE YOU DOING.

I'm sorry but even tagged spoilers like that can be very frustrating wtf are you doing mate.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Awesome OT Buckethead. As with most of the big name releases, I won't be participating much in the OT thread once I get the game. Once the honeymoon ends, it tends to get too snarky for my tastes.

I would ask that before any of us go off the deep end one way or another, consider a few factors when playing GTAV.

1. We know the media, particularly the games media is going to fluff the shit out of this game, even writers we respect. Take the overblown praise with a grain of salt.

2. Likewise, be ready for the know it all cynics who will dump shitloads of hate on GTAV and praise Sleeping Dogs, SRIII or IV Just Cause 2 or whatever sandbox game as the best ever, or just point to GTAV as another high profile AAA release as boring tripe that can't compare to some sacred PC game released in 1999. Why these people even bothered with GTAV when they knew and we knew they'd hate it, I'll never know.

3. There will be shit in GTAV that has been in the series for years that some other game does better, or Rockstar still hasn't fixed since the PS2 days. Floaty driving, gunplay, annoying race and chase missions, there will probably be some facet.

4. I'd recommend as much of a blackout as possible, experience the thing as uninformed and uninfluenced as possible. This worked for me with RDR (though I still found out about the climax even though I never read directly what happened). I'm looking forward going through this bad boy with fresh eyes.

I'm not saying that everyone has to like GTAV or won't find another game better, but it doesn't take long for the tide to turn of games like these.

the
people not at the

yeah it sucks,
is a terrible
movie.

im impressed how much how this hasnt leaked yet. i dunno if thats cos of rockstar's lockdown or what, but bravo lol

Rockstar has told online retailers in Europe that they aren't allowed to ship copies before the 16th. And i'd imagine that goes for retailers in the US as well. So they're trying to keep it locked down more than any other game that i've seen before.

Mistah

Actually how do you guys gonna celebrate it ?

I'm thinking to order some lobster and other stuff to celebrate the arrival of my Collectors Edition ;D Been waiting for 5 Years now :D

Rockstar has told online retailers in Europe that they aren't allowed to ship copies before the 16th. And i'd imagine that goes for retailers in the US as well. So they're trying to keep it locked down more than any other game that i've seen before.

yeah, it's still impressive to me though how some guy working at gamestop or whatever hasn't already got it in his hands. even if its not in gamesstop stores yet its gotta be out there somewhere.

MMaRsu

Well Shopto is shipping on the 14th as you can see in a picture posted somewhere earlier in this thread.

I also thought they only requested it, it's not like they are not allowing it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom