• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

Hmmmmmmmm… we’ll see

How does the matrix demo run on a 2080? Cause that was the primary card R* were testing gta 6 with
UE5 is notorious for its performance overhead even when we consider the visuals, it's difficult to make comparisons to a potential GTA 6 but I could be wrong.

PeteBull

GTA 6 will deliver
Look at what Insomniac did with the city in Spidey 2, R* will take it to another level. With 10x the budget, and a studio 10x the size.
And we'll get this

b2a007de57984abc924610b04dda0e98
Lets see how first trailer for gta6 looks like, if its impressive we will get hope back :p

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Rockstar will push systems with GTA6. Not visuals. I would say Cyberpunk level visual fidelity but the systems and simulations will be far deeper.
I'd be ok with CyberPunk PC visuals if it has next gen as fuck systems and physics, animations, water and explosions. Actually that sounds like a dream come true

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Oh, we still doing this with the Nick360 video? Gotcha!
Hmm, this is what he says under his video after that. Also i remember that John said that the day 1 patch actually made those things worse.

"I spoke with John from DF regarding the LOD having been reduced, and this appears to be a bug. I still have to test this but supposedly this might be related to having the game installed on a secondary m.2 instead of the default storage on PS5. If so, I'll forward this info to insomniac for a possible fix.
Good morning everyone! Glad to finally get this video out - I've been sick the past 3 weeks now which has made it difficult to record my voice and concentrate on editing. The game is fantastic and was a nice distraction. This was also an interesting video to put together. I've got hundreds of clips recorded here that I couldn't fit in, so there's a lot more to see! Stay tuned for more content in the near future :)
"

You know what special for you im gonna test it myself.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
We were all fine with acknowledging what asset streaming meant for next gen visuals when we saw this.

But suddenly it doesn't count when we get the first game that actually delivers on that promise.

Promise me you guys will stay weird forever. Please.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
flat water, bad textures, bad reflections, low poly models, bad gi
reflections are ray traced and applied to everything in the game. including bodies of water. they literally cant look any better.

water isnt flat. you can see it timestamped here:

The river is not going to have the same mirror reflections as a pool of standing water.

JF5d56N.gif

I also dont understand the complaints about bad GI and poor textures when lighting looks this good, and buildings look perfectly fine, albeit last gen when flying around.

lLXhfmL.gif

We were all fine with acknowledging what asset streaming meant for next gen visuals when we saw this.

But suddenly it doesn't count when we get the first game that actually delivers on that promise.

There’s no way you’re not gonna acknowledge Spider-Man looks like a mobile game by comparison

it was the clearly next Gen visuals coupled with how fast that elf girl was moving. Moving through next gen assets

I can’t believe you just posted those 2 side by side and didn’t see why people aren’t impressed with Spider-Man

ckstine

reflections are ray traced and applied to everything in the game. including bodies of water. they literally cant look any better.

water isnt flat. you can see it timestamped here:

The river is not going to have the same mirror reflections as a pool of standing water.

JF5d56N.gif

I also dont understand the complaints about bad GI and poor textures when lighting looks this good, and buildings look perfectly fine, albeit last gen when flying around.

lLXhfmL.gif

Ur right on the water, but at time the GI is awful. It realliest too heavy on ssao which halos like crazy, instead of actually decent baked or real time lighting. Too make the reflections look better, they need to go from quarter or half resolution to full resolution with AA and shadows.

Last edited:

PeteBull

For fast paced game spidey2 looks phenomal, especially if we count in how weak ps5 hardware(especially its rt capability) is :p

I think many ppl still looking forward to game akin to order 1886, slow paced/corridor or at least not open world, low res, no rt, where basically every inch of power goes into bells and whilstels, kinda like alan wake 2 fidelity mode but exclusive, wolverine might be such a game, or maybe something from naughty dog or ssm dev studios, lets not count out sucker punch either altho they make open world only exclusivelly for many years, still they look all great :)

Personally i think we need all kinds of games, the more variety the better(maybe except those GAAS shit games, hate those;p) .

Rheon

Not gameplay. They said it was an inengine showcase. This was at E3 2021.

The gameplay was shown at E3 2023 using PS5 footage which looked good but nothing like this shot. Other scenes looked comparable.

Ohh ok.

In-engine is still some bullshit, but at least they didn't say in-game.

SlimySnake

95% of the buildings are literally the same in the city, and draw distance looks better on SM1 going by nicks video.
38.jpg
Textures on almost all buildings were updated post remaster and miles. Let alone from base PS4.

JF5daat.gif

Building locations and actual buildings havent been changed, but the textures have received an upgrade. A generational one? no. But a big lift nonetheless. Again, the comparison below is from Spiderman PS5 which itself received some small texture upgrades on buildings.

F6MSdL6WYAAuXCM

F9QRQ5ZWEAA5yxo

SlimySnake

So, what's coming out in 2024 that could melt eyes ?
Nothing. This was the greatest year for gaming in decades, and next one looks to be the worst. So enjoy this year instead of nitpicking everything lmao.

You guys have no idea how dead next year is going to be. You will long for ChiefDada stanning for Spiderman when lethal01 starts to pass off FF7 Rebirth as next gen.

Wolverine, GTA6, Star Wars, Hellblade 2 are set for 2024 titles, but lets face it, Wolverine and Star Wars will get delayed because they never even gave us a release period. Go look at any 2024 release lists and there is literally nothing set to come out next year after March. And not much before March.

E3 should have some eye melting trailers for stuff like Tomb Raider, Witcher 4, Wolverine, Death Stranding 2, maybe ND's next game, Fable, but everyone blew their wad in 2023.

For fast paced game spidey2 looks phenomal, especially if we count in how weak ps5 hardware(especially its rt capability) is :p

I think many ppl still looking forward to game akin to order 1886, slow paced/corridor or at least not open world, low res, no rt, where basically every inch of power goes into bells and whilstels, kinda like alan wake 2 fidelity mode but exclusive, wolverine might be such a game, or maybe something from naughty dog or ssm dev studios, lets not count out sucker punch either altho they make open world only exclusivelly for many years, still they look all great :)

Personally i think we need all kinds of games, the more variety the better(maybe except those GAAS shit games, hate those;p) .
I mean. We also got RDR2, Horizon, Ghosts of Tsushima, Arkham Knight, and Days Gone, Infamous Second Som

Open world games that screamed next Gen at the time. I think people are just waiting for any game that looks phenomenal in a UE5 demo kind of way

Hugare

There's more geometric detail in those rocks at the first shot in the UE 5 demo than the whole city of NY in Spider-man

Spider-man is still impressive tho

I don't know why you are asking me this, my point was that I don't expect any games to look close to "like CGI" on PS5 and reality proved it true, the hardware just isn't strong enough, the ps6 wont be either. I'm sure things will improve in the coming years and people will tell me I'm wrong, infact some already do when they pretend the Matrix demo looks like CG.

Also, you don't really need a new engine, UE4 to UE5 isn't really a brand new engine, just an upgrade, a few really nice features, just like adding raytracing which tons of other engines are also doing but even with UE5 or any other engines level of raytracing we aren't reaching CGI level on ps5
Nanite and Lumen changes the whole game…

ChiefDada

Gold Member
There's more geometric detail in those rocks at the first shot in the UE 5 demo than the whole city of NY in Spider-man

Spider-man is still impressive tho

And there's more asset variety, RT reflections, and NPCs in SM2 than in the UE5 demo.

Yes, I agree. SM2 is impressive.

Hugare

And there's more asset variety, RT reflections, and NPCs in SM2 than in the UE5 demo.

Yes, I agree. SM2 is impressive.
There are no NPCs to be seen in the Spider-man gif, only cars, no pedestrians.

It has RT Reflections, but the demo has RT GI with Lumen, which is much more impressive (tho expensive, of course)

Again, it looks good, but I dont agree that it "delivers on that promisse"

What's impressive in that demo is not only the speed, but doing so with infinite geometric detail

That's what gives the demo that CG look that no other game has replicated thus far

miklonus

A PS5 pro when we don't even have any PS5 games...

PS4 (pro) had Arkham Knight. Second Son. The Phantom Pain. What do we have? Forbidden West?.......RE4 remake? Street Fighter 6?

No one, NO ONE, questioned Arkham Knight. NO ONE questioned what console Arkham Knight was running on. But, and I know we (neogaf) are nitpicky, we constantly question the validity and veracity of games released THIS year, the third year of the PS5's life, and how they stack up to PS4 games....

No one did it with the PS4 like that. Second Son wasn't running on no PS3. Uncharted 4 would never run on no PS3. God Of War 2018 couldn't run on that shit (the PS3). Hell, even the RE Engine games - Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, (RE)4, Street Fighter 6 - these games couldn't hope to run on a PS3. But the wack-ass PS5 is sharing games with a prior generation. The PS5 is getting a pro console, with no current games to properly run on it. The PS4, regardless of the reason why, wasn't tied to the PS3. It wasn't held down or held back by the PS3. The PS5 is being, or has been rather, undermined like crazy by the PS4. Covid, greed, lack of motivation, whatever, the shit's been held back.

Turk1993

ChiefDada ChiefDada Well Nicks video was correct, John had it wrong again. Its like i said the draw distance is lower and 95% of the buildings are the same, but pretty much everything else is improved. And oh man, going back to SM1 is hard after the webwings and fast zero assisted swinning on SM2. I kept pressing trianlge in SM1 to activate the wings lol.

Both in Fidelity 30fps mode and both installed on PS5 main SSD.
SM6.jpg

SM24.jpg

SM26.jpg

SM27.jpg

Textures on almost all buildings were updated post remaster and miles. Let alone from base PS4.
Building locations and actual buildings havent been changed, but the textures have received an upgrade. A generational one? no. But a big lift nonetheless. Again, the comparison below is from Spiderman PS5 which itself received some small texture upgrades on buildings.
I know, im not arguing against that, i have pointed out the upgrades and things it does well. But 95% of the buildings are the same and the game is def not next gen as Chief is saying. Its too inconsistent and doesn't reach the highs of other games that we have discussed here. Its a good looking game with super fast loading and impressive traversal. And the pop in and draw distance is still impressive for a game running on console with RT reflections.

PS4 (pro) had Arkham Knight. Second Son. The Phantom Pain. What do we have? Forbidden West?.......RE4 remake? Street Fighter 6?

No one, NO ONE, questioned Arkham Knight. NO ONE questioned what console Arkham Knight was running on. But, and I know we (neogaf) are nitpicky, we constantly question the validity and veracity of games released THIS year, the third year of the PS5's life, and how they stack up to PS4 games....

No one did it with the PS4 like that. Second Son wasn't running on no PS3. Uncharted 4 would never run on no PS3. God Of War 2018 couldn't run on that shit (the PS3). Hell, even the RE Engine games - Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, (RE)4, Street Fighter 6 - these games couldn't hope to run on a PS3. But the wack-ass PS5 is sharing games with a prior generation. The PS5 is getting a pro console, with no current games to properly run on it. The PS4, regardless of the reason why, wasn't tied to the PS3. It wasn't held down or held back by the PS3. The PS5 is being, or has been rather, undermined like crazy by the PS4. Covid, greed, lack of motivation, whatever, the shit's been held back.
60. Frames. Per second.

If Arkham knight, second son, god of war, uncharted 4, and any other game you named had to run at 60fps on PS4. The line would’ve been much more blurred visually and technically to where it probably would spark a debate whether they could run on PS3. Funny enough the one game you mistakenly named that was cross gen, MGSV, did run 60fps on PS4

60fps is the arch nemesis of graphics (on console)

Last edited:

miklonus

And I want a pro. My PS5 is starting to make noise. I got in in late June 2021. A quiet console is why I wanted the PS5. My pro 4 was Top Gun Maverick Dolby Atmos loud. But at the time I figured by now we'd have our PS5-only games. I and the rest of the world had no idea how much COVIDA would fuck us over and completely halt innovation and progress (motivation too).

I want a pro, but not because it's gonna enhance shit. Between y'all pointing out what the pro can realistically do, and my own experience with the 4 pro, heh, I'm only getting it for the quiet experience. I'm a Sony boy, but their dick "ain't" in my mouth. Don't get me started on how they downgraded from the PS3 and took features like 4 USB slots, video chat, a webcam that could do video AND audio (PS3 and PS4 cam), and other things out of each subsequent console.

You were able to video chat in 200 fucking 9...so forgive me if I get banned from neogaf in a thread outside of this one for not blindly sucking Sony off.

I gotta say it again because I never see no one else talk about it: how the FUCK was I able to video chat in 2008 with the PS3, but in 2023, with a PS5, the closest that I can get to video chatting is streaming through twitch or youtube? How is/was that a removed feature?

And I want a pro. My PS5 is starting to make noise. I got in in late June 2021. A quiet console is why I wanted the PS5. My pro 4 was Top Gun Maverick Dolby Atmos loud. But at the time I figured by now we'd have our PS5-only games. I and the rest of the world had no idea how much COVIDA would fuck us over and completely halt innovation and progress (motivation too).

I want a pro, but not because it's gonna enhance shit. Between y'all pointing out what the pro can realistically do, and my own experience with the 4 pro, heh, I'm only getting it for the quiet experience. I'm a Sony boy, but their dick "ain't" in my mouth. Don't get me started on how they downgraded from the PS3 and took features like 4 USB slots, video chat, a webcam that could do video AND audio (PS3 and PS4 cam), and other things out of each subsequent console.

You were able to video chat in 200 fucking 9...so forgive me if I get banned from neogaf in a thread outside of this one for not blindly sucking Sony off.

I gotta say it again because I never see no one else talk about it: how the FUCK was I able to video chat in 2008 with the PS3, but in 2023, with a PS5, the closest that I can get to video chatting is streaming through twitch or youtube? How is/was that a removed feature?

This is modern gaming today bro. These companies are getting greedier by the day and are getting away with pushing the envelope of various anti-gamer/consumer things.

Btw my Ps5 is also a lot noisier than it used to be. My Dual Sense battery also died on me ..I can only get 30 min of playtime with it.

Gaming has had such a "amazing" 2023 if you JUST look at the games but the amount of BS we gotta put up with to enjoy those games is really bad.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
ChiefDada ChiefDada Well Nicks video was correct, John had it wrong again. Its like i said the draw distance is lower and 95% of the buildings are the same, but pretty much everything else is improved. And oh man, going back to SM1 is hard after the webwings and fast zero assisted swinning on SM2. I kept pressing trianlge in SM1 to activate the wings lol.

Both in Fidelity 30fps mode and both installed on PS5 main SSD.
SM6.jpg

SM24.jpg

SM26.jpg

SM27.jpg

I know, im not arguing against that, i have pointed out the upgrades and things it does well. But 95% of the buildings are the same and the game is def not next gen as Chief is saying. Its too inconsistent and doesn't reach the highs of other games that we have discussed here. Its a good looking game with super fast loading and impressive traversal. And the pop in and draw distance is still impressive for a game running on console with RT reflections.
Its kind of a baller move from Insomniac to simply reuse 90% of the assets and sell it at full price as a new game.

60. Frames. Per second.

If Arkham knight, second son, god of war, uncharted 4, and any other game you named had to run at 60fps on PS4. The line would’ve been much more blurred visually and technically to where it probably would spark a debate whether they could run on PS3. Funny enough the one game you mistakenly named that was cross gen, MGSV, did run 60fps on PS4

60fps is the arch nemesis of graphics (on console)

You're spot on about framerate but that's precisely the reason we need a PS5 Pro. Having 60 fps is awesome. Games look and play better. This is the dream of console gamers for a long time. Not just to have 60 but to have OPTIONS. Not everyone has a PC where they can get their 60 fps "fix". Something so important to playability and smoothness should be desired on console too.

Especially since lots of people including myself now have Oled tv's where 30 feels bad. I can't imagine playing Demon's Souls or God of War Ragnarok at anything but 60 fps or any other fast paced game for that matter, especially FPS games.

Ironically, I find myself playing the 30 fps modes in a lot of games. Horizon, Spiderman 2, Baulders Gate 3, Alan Wake 2 ...if it's a) a "smooth 30" or b) the performance mode looks like shit then Im playing at 30 fps for actual next gen visuals.

If a Pro console comes out I'll be able to play those fidelity modes at 60 fps. Devs should strive for the best balance of visuals and performance while including options ...just like PC.

Its kind of a baller move from Insomniac to simply reuse 90% of the assets and sell it at full price as a new game.

The city, ironically, is the thing that should've been improved on way more for this game. Geometry, detail with RT shadows and reflections woulda made this more next gen.

Some of the scripted stuff is where the graphics look amazing ...like Coney island and some indoor areas where the RT is good. Problem is we spend most of the time in the open world and it looks too similar to the first 2 games.

PeteBull

You're spot on about framerate but that's precisely the reason we need a PS5 Pro. Having 60 fps is awesome. Games look and play better. This is the dream of console gamers for a long time. Not just to have 60 but to have OPTIONS. Not everyone has a PC where they can get their 60 fps "fix". Something so important to playability and smoothness should be desired on console too.

Especially since lots of people including myself now have Oled tv's where 30 feels bad. I can't imagine playing Demon's Souls or God of War Ragnarok at anything but 60 fps or any other fast paced game for that matter, especially FPS games.

Ironically, I find myself playing the 30 fps modes in a lot of games. Horizon, Spiderman 2, Baulders Gate 3, Alan Wake 2 ...if it's a) a "smooth 30" or b) the performance mode looks like shit then Im playing at 30 fps for actual next gen visuals.

If a Pro console comes out I'll be able to play those fidelity modes at 60 fps. Devs should strive for the best balance of visuals and performance while including options ...just like PC.
It all comes down to setting a baseline, say if we had 1080p30fps baseline on ps5, no rt, then there would be plenty of power left(5,5x increase in gpu, over 3x in cpu) vs base ps4 for games to look next gen, then optional 60fps mode with all kinds of cuts(res/draw distance/shadows etc) for ps5 or no cuts but on ps5pr0 for ppl who need/want 60fps mode.
And ofc possibility to push it to 4k60(x8 gpu power and 2x cpu power needed) on pc, and hell even add raytracing or pathtracing too.

Problem is- when with moderate increase of power from ps4 to ps5 devs already decide from the get go to up res/fps/add rt which basically uses up tremendous part of "next gen" power, then barely anything is left for actual next gen graphics/systems.

Just to show u guys the problem, we dont have 4k60fps on GoW ragnarok or last of us part1, no matter the settings, ps5 isnt strong enough to run those games in 4k60, which clearly indicates not enough of a jump even vs base ps4, 1080p30 to 4k60, same settings means 8x gpu power needed.

Last edited:

Well i don’t Know what kind of OLED you have, I only have a qled, and beat demon souls at 30fps just fine. And if you can’t imagine Ragnarok at 30 just think back to 2018. Remember when we all beat the first game and didn’t have any problem? Yeah that’s Ragnarok at 30.

Lethal01

The venom miles and spidey sequence in the streets was not in the final game. So chief was wrong there. Not his fault for falling for shady insomniac marketing though.

But I personally thought the cutscenes at times looked very similar thanks to lighting and DoF. Venom especially is very well animated but i was so engrossed in the story that i forgot to take screenshots of him.

29.png
F9psiOJWgAI6FB9
F9pshXFWUAA8CbY

For the other pic, the lighting doesnt match. The game looks phenomenal under some lighting conditions especially cloudy and rainy ones, but sadly they dont stick around too often. You can see below how drastically the lighting changes the same area in the game.

28.png
F92tU4JXEAAjjFM
F92tVOAXYAAACzj

F92tVlVWMAAmJcl
F92tV_rWQAAcWd-
The game looks great, if not for this thread I'd have said only good things about it.
But even at it's absolute best it only ever demonstrates that we are generations away from reaching what I would refer to as "like CGI" capable hardware.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Its not always bad, i just showed the bad examples obv. It can look really good.

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-2-20231027184934.png

Priority 1 needs to be higher quality shadows at longer distances, hopefully wolverine has the rendering budget to give everything actually shadows instead of just a black smudge

Last edited:

SlimySnake

lol Phantom Pain was cross gen.

maxresdefault.jpg

But I see what you are saying. The massive leap in lighting and asset quality was very apparent right at the start with KZSF and Ryse. Then Infamous and AC Unity. By 2015, we had Order, Witcher 3, Batman AK, Division and Rise of Tomb Raider when third parties truly arrived. This gen, that was delayed a year with 2023 not 2022 bringing us the third party goodness like Avatar, Alan Wake 2, FF16, Starfield (well, maybe no longer technically third party), Dead Space and Star Wars.

That said, there were plenty of cross gen games available on the PS4 and Xbox as well. Ryse of Tomb Raider and Titanfall were both ported to Xbox 360. Forza Horizon 2, Dead Rising 3 as well. GT6 was straight up last gen. Destiny and Watch dogs were both last gen. CoD Ghosts and Advanced Warfare were last gen. Pretty sure resogun was ported to PS3 and Thief was also on PS360. Dark Souls 2. There were lots. Trust me. Witcher 3 and Doom were ported to the switch so how next gen were they truly?

I think the stuff we are seeing this year with the ssd and cpu is a bit different than the visual leaps we saw last gen, but to me, equally impressive. The big battles in FF16, the traversal, traffic and NPCs in Spiderman, the density of the world in Avatar, the portals in Ratchet, hell, the levels in Star Wars are huge so I would love to see the sacrifices they made to get it to run on last gen hardware.

Last year, i would be with you in regards to PS5 Pro coming out with no PS5 games in sight, but things have changed for me this year. Besides, the pro is a year late like the third party output. its not coming out this year, it will come out holiday 2024.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Priority 1 needs to be higher quality shadows at longer distances, hopefully wolverine has the rendering budget to give everything actually shadows instead of just a black smudge
the game runs at native 4k 30 fps. They have the rendering budget, but do they want to aim lower like Alan Wake 2, Avatar, Matrix demo and the first UE5 demo at around 1440p? AW2 is actually rendering at 1270p, so lower than 1440p which i think might be too low even for consoles, but just goes to show that if the devs want to push the visual fidelity, the power is there. Spiderman 2 at native 4k and AW2 at 1270p is a generational difference. Lets hope Insomniac isnt stupid and realizes this sooner rather than later with wolverine.

50% of the map is queens and brooklyn and thats all new stuff.

Gaming has had such a "amazing" 2023 if you JUST look at the games but the amount of BS we gotta put up with to enjoy those games is really bad.
I bought a PC to avoid the 30 fps and 1080p nonsense on consoles, and its been a disaster there too. Right now, im playing forza which means sitting 10 minutes waiting for the shaders to build every time and 2 minute loading times because the game thinks i have an AMD GPU and a HDD instead of an SSD. Dead Space remake HDR does turn on until you load the game, tab out, disable HDR, go back in, then tab out and enable HDR again. At which point, it will decide whether or not to show you the HDR toggle in game. Had to stop playing Star Wars because the stuttering made me nauseous. I played FF16, Zelda and Spiderman 2 at 30 fps on consoles and it was such a pleasent experience. no worries. simply gaming.

P.S no quick resume on pc is idiotic. I have 32GB of ram. plus 10 GB of vram. put that shit somewhere and let me put my pc to sleep.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
I watched the entire Spoilercast interview with Kinda Funny. They had the creative director on the show and he basically made it clear there’s 2 teams…. The B team made Spiderman 2. The team that did the amazing looking Ratchet Rift Apart is doing Wolverine. They are the A team. At least when it comes to tech, they are the pioneers.

In the video he literally says “we got the Black Cat portal mission from the Ratchet team” and “Oh Wolverine, that teams doing an amazing job”. Thats how you know there’s 2 teams. The other guys being the A team is more subtle but if you listen closely it’s there.

Ratchet had amazing character models and cutscenes. Them being the same ones doing Wolverine bodes well for that game. I can almost guarantee now it’ll look way better than SP2

This’ll also explain why sp2 cutscenes look so much worse than ratchet, the other team knocked it out of the park with that game and this team didn’t.

Seems they put all the main talent on the new IP and the game that’s guaranteed to sell millions regardless gets the newer folk.
Hopefully the writers on Spider-Man 2 have limited say on Wolverine.
Here's to hoping Spider-Man 3 gets the A-team next.

But I really do wonder about how receptive some of these studios are to criticism. Spider-Man's 90 might make them arrogant enough to be lazy.

Turk1993

I bought a PC to avoid the 30 fps and 1080p nonsense on consoles, and its been a disaster there too. Right now, im playing forza which means sitting 10 minutes waiting for the shaders to build every time and 2 minute loading times because the game thinks i have an AMD GPU and a HDD instead of an SSD. Dead Space remake HDR does turn on until you load the game, tab out, disable HDR, go back in, then tab out and enable HDR again. At which point, it will decide whether or not to show you the HDR toggle in game. Had to stop playing Star Wars because the stuttering made me nauseous. I played FF16, Zelda and Spiderman 2 at 30 fps on consoles and it was such a pleasent experience. no worries. simply gaming.
Good news for you, FM next weeks update fixes those issues you have.

Lethal01

You will long for ChiefDada stanning for Spiderman when lethal01 starts to pass off FF7 Rebirth as next gen.
You're damn right, We had people acting like Spiderman 2, Starfield, FF16 and even forspoken were these gigantic leaps compared to early ps5 games.

My turn you fucks, I'm gonna cherry pick so hard you won't believe.

Graphics aside Tears of the Kingdom made 2023 a top tier year in gaming, rebirth will do the same for 2024

Last edited:
Top Bottom