• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphics comparison of Flight Sim 2024 vs Flight Sim 2020

M.W.

Yosemite_MSFS_2020.jpg

Yosemite_MSFS_2024.jpg

Corsica_MSFS_2020.jpg

Corsica_MSFS_2024.jpg

Amazon_Inside_MSFS_2020.jpg

Amazon_Inside_MSFS_2024.jpg

ForestLake_MSFS_2020.jpg

ForestLake_MSFS_2024.jpg

WaterPalms_MSFS_2020.jpg

WaterPalms_MSFS_2024.jpg

Fuji_MSFS_2020.jpg

Fuji_MSFS_2024.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They put a lot of effort in the terrain level stuff this time.
It's a lot more important seeing as they will have ground level missions.
I'm interested to see of they have figured out how to handle cranes. They always looked like absolute crap in the original.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's a lot more important seeing as they will have ground level missions.
I'm interested to see of they have figured out how to handle cranes. They always looked like absolute crap in the original.

I think the next lander guys or someone said that they inherited animals etc from another game for the different regions too, so flying low in Africa etc, you will see region specific animals dotting the grounds.

And the whole world data is close to a Petabyte, hence this needs a connection to stream content in.

TheStam

I'm getting this on Steam. Messed around with 2020 on game pass at release and it was one of the coolest gaming (sim I suppose) experiences I've had. Don't care about planes or campaign mode all that much, but I'll try it out. Never even learnt to take off or land properly. I just wanna check out my house, or the Orkney Islands.. Or Rio? Siberia? The "game world" is just insane and I'm really looking forward to the upgraded graphics.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think the next lander guys or someone said that they inherited animals etc from another game for the different regions too, so flying low in Africa etc, you will see region specific animals dotting the grounds.

And the whole world data is close to a Petabyte, hence this needs a connection to stream content in.
I meant construction cranes in cities. The AI could detect that they had height but nothing else so they ended up being these weird sections of flat geometry floating in space.
image-12.png

I need them to do an Airwolf themed release so I can get my Stringfellow Hawk groove on :)
And make sure to include the opening theme music

Mr1999

Nice, I was just looking at this. I cant wait. Just an FYI, if you bought it on Steam and want your previous purchases to sync up, you have to buy the steam version of 2024 which will be available for preorder on the 26th. I have spent a small fortune on upgrades, utilities, most if not all promised 2024 compatibility, but some may charge.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

So I could legit say Playstation would be the best console to play this on and not be trolling?

Strange times we live in... cats and dogs having babies.

Top Bottom