• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Play the Game of the Century

2efhvk9.jpg

Release Date: June 8th. 2010
Platforms: 360, PS3, Wii
Developer: Harmonix
Price: $59.99 (Regular edition 360/PS3), $69.99 (Plus Edition 360/PS3), $49.99 (Wii)
Green Day: Rock Band Official Site | Rock Band Platform Official Thread

1ykd91.png

Experience Green Day's dramatic rise to World Superstardom in this brand new game from Harmonix! All five three band members are modelled in this game and have variations depending on the period on the Green Day timeline. Start from the very beginning, a non-descript club, playing most of your favorite Green Day songs. From there, go on to some random big venue to play the second most influential album this decade. And finally, BE Green Day as you play every song* from THE most influential album since Nickleback's Silver Side Up.

The Regular Edition of GD:RB contains 47 songs on 3 venues. Complete albums of Dookie, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. The game has the standard innovative Harmonix gameplay of a full band experience, Guitar, Bass, Drums and Vocals (Solo+Harmonies).

The game WILL play all Green Day DLC released as well as be exportable to Rock Band 2 for a low $10 fee. (GameStop reserves will receive a code for a free export.)

The Plus Edition of GD: RB will contain the main game as well as an export code and a code for all available GD DLC.

The export code will only export the on-disc tracks. Also, NO OTHER DLC WILL WORK WITH GD:RB aside from the Green Day tracks.

*Green Day DLC packs not included in the regular edition.

1z4fnth.png

Billie Joe, born William Joseph Armstrong III, was a classically trained cellist. One day while at the grocery store with his limo driver Tre Cool, born Trent Coolidge, he heard a tramp on the side of the road. Influenced from this tramp, Billie Joe invested in a Casio electric keyboard and began the journey that would lead to the founding of Green Day. After beginning a Jazz Funk Fusion band, Billie Joe got disillusioned by the other Jazz Funk Fusion bands and took a break. A few years later, he was approached by a man named Mike Dirnt, born Mike Dirnt, about creating a new band. Needing a rhythm section, Billie Joe enlisted the help of his former driver Tre Cool and the band was off the ground running. After several sold out shows at the Hollywood Bowl, the band needed a name. Mike, who was influenced by St. Patrick's Day nominated the band be called Green Day after the religious holiday. The name stuck and thus began their rise to fame.

u0hhs.png

The Fox Theater
Located in Oakland, California is the venue where the band first unveiled their best album, 21st Century Breakdown.

The National Bowl
Located in sunny Milton Keynes, England. This venue was where the band recorded Bullet in a Bible which is a live version of the band's interpretation of various bible stories.

The Warehouse
A fictional venue set in 1994 in the GreenDayverse. It is an amalgam of various house parties and squats where the Gods of Modern Music played while promoting Dookie.

2q1xfnc.png

Dookie
- Burnout
- Having a Blast
- Longview
- Welcome to Paradise
- Pulling Teeth
- Basket Case
- She
- Sassafrass Roots
- When I Come Around
- Coming Clean
- Emenius Sleepus
- In the End
- F.O.D.
- Chump

Insomniac
- Brain Stew/Jaded
- Geek Stink Breath

Nimrod
- Hitchin' a Ride
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- Nice Guys Finish Last

Warning
- Minority
- Warning

American Idiot
- American Idiot
- Jesus of Suburbia
- Holiday
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- Are We the Waiting/St. Jimmy
- Give Me Novacaine/She's a Rebel
- Extraordinary Girl
- Letterbomb
- Wake Me Up When September Ends
- Homecoming
- Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown
- Song of the Century
- 21st Century Breakdown
- Before the Lobotomy
- Last Night on Earth
- Peacemaker
- Murder City
- ¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)
- Restless Heart Syndrome
- Horseshoes and Handgrenades
- The Static Age
- American Eulogy
- See the Light

1ylco8.png

Currently there are two packs, of three songs each, which can be played within GDRB:

Green Day Pack 1
- 21 Guns
- East Jesus Nowhere
- Know Your Enemy

Green Day Pack 2
- Christian's Inferno
- Last of the American Girls
- ¡Viva La Gloria

24wxdah.png

The demo, available now on XBLM and PSN, offers two full songs. "Welcome to Paradise" and, the modern classic, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams."

Salsa

I actually felt like going back a decade in music tastes today and listened to Insomniac on the bus. Man, how much i loved them, then came American Idiot and i was .. ok with it, some tracks were good, and then BLERGHGHGH

ElNarez

Banned
Alternate titles for the thread include :
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Harmonix's Walking Contradiction
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - WARNING
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - International Superhit !
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Welcome to Paradise
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Having a Blast
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - American Idiots
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Boulevard of Broken Platforms
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Do you have the time to listen to us whine ?
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - When masturbation lost its fun
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Give Me Novocaine
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Wake Me Up When RB3 releases
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Geek Stink Breath
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Bullet in a Platform

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Glad they did the right thing and included Brain Stew and Jaded as a single track.

But no J.A.R.? Booooo.

gblues

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
And finally, BE Green Day as you play every song* from THE most influential album since Nickleback's Silver Side Up.

Nickleback.. influential.. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Does this mean there's only 3 outfits per character? Green Day are as much about the fashion as they are the music, this seems like an oversight.

ElNarez

Banned
Also, you totally forgot to mention that you could unlock EXCLUSIVE NEVER BEFORE SEEN pictures and videos of Green Day after completing songs. MOST. AMAZING. FEATURE. EVER.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Dookie was THE ALBUM when I was growing up. I've probably listened to it more than any other album ever released, and it remains the only album that I have entirely memorized.

It was a surprisingly large portion of my formative years.

So... yeah. I'm excited.

I've got the game (plus version) pre-ordered and I'll be enjoying it. I'm a big Green day fan. I saw Green Day both at the Warfield and at Giants Stadium for the American Idiot tour.

I'll be enjoying the game.

But I gotta say, the Rock Band & Guitar Hero thing has really died. Overexposure. Not really any where for the genre to grow. It is a week before release and not a single version has cracked the Amazon Top 100.

speculawyer said:
I've got the game (plus version) pre-ordered and I'll be enjoying it. I'm a big Green day fan. I saw Green Day both at the Warfield and at Giants Stadium for the American Idiot tour.

I'll be enjoying the game.

But I gotta say, the Rock Band & Guitar Hero thing has really died. Overexposure. Not really any where for the genre to grow. It is a week before release and not a single version has cracked the Amazon Top 100.
Just you wait, the keytar is going to help RB3 sell 16 million copies.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
The Regular Edition of GD:RB contains 47 songs on 3 venues. Complete albums of Dookie, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. The game has the standard innovative Harmonix gameplay of a full band experience, Guitar, Bass, Drums and Vocals (Solo+Harmonies).

The game WILL play all Green Day DLC released as well as be exportable to Rock Band 2 for a low $10 fee. (GameStop reserves will receive a code for a free export.)

The Plus Edition of GD: RB will contain the main game as well as an export code and a code for all available GD DLC.

The export code will only export the

*Green Day DLC packs not included in the regular edition.

Wait . . . it comes with the full 21st Century Breakdown album? But the plus version gets GD DLC . . . . isn't the existing GD DLC just some songs from the 21st Century Breakdown album? So do you actually get any extra songs with the plus version?

speculawyer said:
Wait . . . it comes with the full 21st Century Breakdown album? But the plus version gets GD DLC . . . . isn't the existing GD DLC just some songs from the 21st Century Breakdown album? So do you actually get any extra songs with the plus version?
There are 21st Century songs missing unless you buy them as DLC.

speculawyer said:
I worded it weirdly. The game will come with every other 21CB song with the exception of the six songs already available. If the DLC is downloaded, the album will be fully playable in GDRB.

Chris R

Rahxephon91 said:
I guess I'll walk a lonely road in being one the few to buy this game. At least you guys now know your enemy.
Couldn't even work in their better shit :( So damn lazy.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I worded it weirdly. The game will come with every other 21CB song with the exception of the six songs already available. If the DLC is downloaded, the album will be fully playable in GDRB.
OK . . . cool.

Yeah, this will probably will be discounted relatively soon . . . but I'm interested enough to pick it up day 1.

blame space said:
I am predicting an epic bomba in our midst.

Not gonna bomb as hard as GH: Van Halen.

Most of the vanity one band titles have bombed. Aerosmith didn't do so hot. Van Halen totally bombed. Even the Beatles was a big sales disappointment.

I guess Metallica did OK. Wasn't that released on the same day as the album came out? Perhaps that is the key?

Spider from Mars said:
We can only hope. What has the world come to when a shitty band like this gets their own music game.
Green Day is the least offensive popular music act in the days of Lady Gaga and Kissha whatever.

Their only problem is they are 30 and still want to be heroes to 15 year olds. Kind of like Weezer.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Rahxephon91 said:
Green Day is the least offensive popular music act in the days of Lady Gaga and Kissha whatever.

Their only problem is they are 30 and still want to be heroes to 15 year olds. Kind of like Weezer.
If 30 is your idea of "OMG... so old", you must be pretty damned young yourself.
And they're actually closer to 40.
That said, as an avid plastic drummer, I look forward to fishing this out of the bargain bin in a couple months.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I will probably really enjoy this for about a week, like all other music games.

Rahxephon91 said:
Yeah, this. Clearly music is very subjective and different people like different music.

But with all the manufactured crap out there, you have at least got to give Green Day some respect for paying their dues. They've been banging out punk & punk-pop for some 20 years now. And they did have quite the break-through with their punk-rock opera American Idiot.

It is not like Rock Band: Jonas Brothers or something.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
a lot of my respect for Green Day are aimed at how well they can put on a show. say what you will about them, but the sort of showmanship and general fun they project at a live show is totally underrated nowadays.

Is the bio a joke?

From the wiki:
Tré Cool (born Frank Edwin Wright III; December 9, 1972) is a German born American drummer for the punk rock band Green Day. He replaced the band's former drummer John Kiffmeyer in 1990.

I'll be picking this up. Kinda upset about having to play Brain Stew just to get to Jaded.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
blackMamba1187 said:
Is the bio a joke?

From the wiki:
Tré Cool (born Frank Edwin Wright III; December 9, 1972) is a German born American drummer for the punk rock band Green Day. He replaced the band's former drummer John Kiffmeyer in 1990.

I'll be picking this up. Kinda upset about having to play Brain Stew just to get to Jaded.
You're one of those people who wrote letters to Game Informer telling them that Clash of the Titans didn't really rip off God of War, aren't you?

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Billie Joe, born William Joseph Armstrong III, was a classically trained cellist. One day while at the grocery store with his limo driver Tre Cool, born Trent Coolidge, he heard a tramp on the side of the road. Influenced from this tramp, Billie Joe invested in a Casio electric keyboard and began the journey that would lead to the founding of Green Day. After beginning a Jazz Funk Fusion band, Billie Joe got disillusioned by the other Jazz Funk Fusion bands and took a break. A few years later, he was approached by a man named Mike Dirnt, born Mike Dirnt, about creating a new band. Needing a rhythm section, Billie Joe enlisted the help of his former driver Tre Cool and the band was off the ground running. After several sold out shows at the Hollywood Bowl, the band needed a name. Mike, who was influenced by St. Patrick's Day nominated the band be called Green Day after the religious holiday. The name stuck and thus began their rise to fame.
:lol

wtf?

TAJ said:
If 30 is your idea of "OMG... so old", you must be pretty damned young yourself.
And they're actually closer to 40.
That said, as an avid plastic drummer, I look forward to fishing this out of the bargain bin in a couple months.
Oh I don't think their old. I just think a lot of their stuff doesn't actually reflect their age and seems aimed at a much younger audience then them. I would say their music hasn't "grown up".

But like I said. I'm no Green Day fan, I just know what I know thanks to my sister listening to them back in the 90s and that damn song from Transformers 2.

Rahxephon91 said:
Oh I don't think their old. I just think a lot of their stuff doesn't actually reflect their age and seems aimed at a much younger audience then them. I would say their music hasn't "grown up".

But like I said. I'm no Green Day fan, I just know what I know thanks to my sister listening to them back in the 90s and that damn song from Transformers 2.
You're right. They should be singing about pensions and their 401Ks. Fuck off.

TAJ

Rahxephon91 said:

Either they're arrested development cases or calculating businessmen. Either way, 15-year-olds have nothing to say musically, and they need to listen to something, lol.

DuckRacer

speculawyer said:
Not gonna bomb as hard as GH: Van Halen.

Most of the vanity one band titles have bombed. Aerosmith didn't do so hot. Van Halen totally bombed. Even the Beatles was a big sales disappointment.

I guess Metallica did OK. Wasn't that released on the same day as the album came out? Perhaps that is the key?
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith -- 2,741,000
The Beatles: Rock Band -- 1,296,000
Guitar Hero: Metallica -- 1,001,000
Guitar Hero: Van Halen -- 94,000

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088666p1.html

Jet Grind Radio! said:
You're right. They should be singing about pensions and their 401Ks. Fuck off.
Calm down buddy. I know its cool to be rocking about fighting the man ,but sometime you have to come down and face reality and realize that middle age people should'nt wear eyeliner.

I don't have anything bad to say about Green Day really. After all I'm a Weezer fan. To do so would be wrong.

Top Bottom