• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Play the Game of the Century

Natakuu

Banned
Gonna get this exported into RB2 one way or the other, here's to hoping I manage to do so without actually purchasing the game:lol

TheGreatDave said:
I don't need to play a Pearl Jam game to know it's the worst video game in history.
20ic0wi.jpg

Ricker

I`m surprised no one got this early and posted impressions...I`ll probably get this tomorrow and I have to look around for a new guitar as well...i`m still playing all those games with the GH2 Explorer I think it was called...it seems to start and miss notes and I need all the help I can get hehe...what`s the best one nowadays that can be bought seperatly?

So who's ready for the wettest music game released this year (so far)?

@Ricker, depends on you're preferance if you are used to GH guitars, buy the GH5 bundle it's like 35$. I favor the RB guitars but I hear the GH5-tar is the best one.

ElNarez

Banned
Terrordactyl said:
Hells yeah I'm ready. I'm gonna go out to my video game store and buy the shit out of it. Can't fucking wait.

Ricker

Terrordactyl said:

@Ricker, depends on you're preferance if you are used to GH guitars, buy the GH5 bundle it's like 35$. I favor the RB guitars but I hear the GH5-tar is the best one.

35 bucks? that would be sweet,i`ll try and find one of those today when I pick up the game.

ElNarez

Banned
ElNarez said:
Hells yeah I'm ready. I'm gonna go out to my video game store and buy the shit out of it. Can't fucking wait.
FUN FACT : It's not out in France 'til the 10th, because the french division of Electronic Arts are incompetent cunts.

DaBuddaDa

I can't believe they couldn't put more songs off Insomniac in there. Jesus christ, it's their best album in the 90s. Also, Green Day had albums out before Dookie but I guess those aren't important either.

*gets mad at music videogame*

DaBuddaDa said:
I can't believe they couldn't put more songs off Insomniac in there. Jesus christ, it's their best album in the 90s. Also, Green Day had albums out before Dookie but I guess those aren't important either.

*gets mad at music videogame*

I believe that was probably because the masters were shit but I could be wrong.

Ridley327

storybook77 said:
I believe that was probably because the masters were shit but I could be wrong.

No, you're right.

Ridley327 said:
Both Harmonix and the band mentioned that the masters for 39/Smooth and Kerplunk weren't in a condition to be used in the game, but they've vaguely hinted at Kerplunk being remastered for future use. I wouldn't expect it for anything other than its 20th anniversary (has it really been that long?), but you never know.

elektrixx

Banned
I'm pissed. I didn't realise until today that GDRB Plus was US/Canada only.

I'm considering importing, but then I'd have to think about not only whether the disc is region free, but the import and DLC content too.

K' Dash

Ricker said:
I`m surprised no one got this early and posted impressions...

I just got it, and I must say that it feels like RB2 with Green Day songs... I'm a sucker for Green Day, so I'm enjoying it a lot.

K' Dash

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Actually, it's more like TBRB with Green Day songs.

Also, the game's shit on Expert Guitar. Vocals all the way, baby.

Mmm, similar in the vein of getting colectables, photos and such, but when you're playing, it feels exactly like RB2, TBRB has a very, very different feeling to it, imho, GDRB feels like a RB2 skin with new songs, but like I said, I'm a sucker for Green Day and I'm liking it A LOT.

K' Dash said:
Mmm, similar in the vein of getting colectables, photos and such, but when you're playing, it feels exactly like RB2, TBRB has a very, very different feeling to it, imho, GDRB feels like a RB2 skin with new songs, but like I said, I'm a sucker for Green Day and I'm liking it A LOT.
Not really... The only major difference is there is a lot of love poured into TBRB and not so much in GDRB.

anyone having any problems using their GS code? I used mine... and I have no clue where the 1.8 gigs saved to on my HDD. and I am planing on trading in my GD:RB tomorrow, so now I don't know if I should.. I don't see the songs anywhere. I don't have a copy of RB2 yet (picking it up with my trade of Greenday).

where does it save to the system? my RB1 (the only other export) has a list and shows that I have 4 gigs or something under RB1 icon on the HDD.

When I click on GreenDay RB's icon, it says only 1 MB. Any ideas where the 1.8 gigs saves to? I cant find it. I just exported using the free code from gamestop, and downloaded the gig and some, and now it's nowhere to be found. help please anyone?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Anyone on XBL want to do the Won't Make it Home for Dinner achievement? My drums don't work and I fail at singing so I'm stuck with guitar or bass.

FoxMcCloudDS said:
anyone having any problems using their GS code? I used mine... and I have no clue where the 1.8 gigs saved to on my HDD. and I am planing on trading in my GD:RB tomorrow, so now I don't know if I should.. I don't see the songs anywhere. I don't have a copy of RB2 yet (picking it up with my trade of Greenday).

where does it save to the system? my RB1 (the only other export) has a list and shows that I have 4 gigs or something under RB1 icon on the HDD.

When I click on GreenDay RB's icon, it says only 1 MB. Any ideas where the 1.8 gigs saves to? I cant find it. I just exported using the free code from gamestop, and downloaded the gig and some, and now it's nowhere to be found. help please anyone?

My export is located with the RB1 stuff.

edit: the game definitely needed 86 & Panic Song from Insomniac.

TheHakku

vitaminwateryum said:
Anyone on XBL want to do the Won't Make it Home for Dinner achievement? My drums don't work and I fail at singing so I'm stuck with guitar or bass.
Assuming you have a microphone, drums, and two guitars. Turn off crowd and sound effects (or even just mute all audio for the most part altogether). Turn no fail mode on, or, play on Easy. Choose every song and let them all play through.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
TheHakku said:
Assuming you have a microphone, drums, and two guitars. Turn off crowd and sound effects (or even just mute all audio for the most part altogether). Turn no fail mode on, or, play on Easy. Choose every song and let them all play through.

<3

TheHakku

Got to add that I'm not sure turning on no fail mode disables achievements, though this setting is automatically on when easy difficulty is selected, and people have confirmed this working with all instruments on easy. Just make sure it's a new career, and just play through the on-disc songs in that career.

Just heard on the radio (Sirius/XM 90's on 9) that this game didn't sell very well.

They said that it's only sold 82,000 copies so far. On the bright side, that's more than GH: Van Halen, right?

Top Bottom