• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Play the Game of the Century

Rahxephon91 said:
Calm down buddy. I know its cool to be rocking about fighting the man ,but sometime you have to come down and face reality and realize that middle age people should'nt wear eyeliner.

I don't have anything bad to say about Green Day really. After all I'm a Weezer fan. To do so would be wrong.
Fashion aside, I fuckin' hate that "argument" about a band being too old to write a certain way. SOMEONE SHOULD TELL BAD RELIGION TO GET OFF STAGE!

And besides, 21CB is basically a love story.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
DuckRacer said:
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith -- 2,741,000
The Beatles: Rock Band -- 1,296,000
Guitar Hero: Metallica -- 1,001,000
Guitar Hero: Van Halen -- 94,000

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088666p1.html
Two million of those GH: Aerosmith sales were probably for $7 (with guitar, lol) on clearance.
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Fashion aside, I fuckin' hate that "argument" about a band being too old to write a certain way. SOMEONE SHOULD TELL BAD RELIGION TO GET OFF STAGE!

Yep. And The Man has always, does, and will always suck. There's no expiration date on truth.

shaowebb

I'm just gonna say this.
Even with being cool with Green Day... I think that this is the shittiest idea for a band to have it's own game that has ever been released.
Green Day should be a DLC or some shit not a whole game. I can't even listen to a whole Green Day album without feeling a strong need to hear someone else sing before I get to the end.So the last thing I want to experience is people trying to fucking sing like him on Rock Band for an hour.

When they do Led Zeppelin Rock Band, or Pink Floyd rock band, or fucking anyone relevant Rock Band call me and tell me about your "game of the century". Until then I think I'll keep playing my REAL musical instruments and enjoying them.

Jet Grind Radio! said:

Oh I would if I could.

ElNarez

Banned
daegan said:
Maybe you guys should go back there and spoil more completely unrelated games. This isn't Tony Hawk Ride.
You're absolutely right, and I'd like to apologise for this tomfoolery on behalf of everyone in the Rock Band Platform Official Thread. From now on, each and every one of our posts will be double checked by a crack-team of experts to make sure our posts about band-centric spinoffs of music-based videogames are 100% factually accurate. We may have failed you in the past, but no longer. This is the dawn of a new era of factualness, and I know many of our readers will welcome it with wide open arms. As for the people responsible for this debacle, be assured that they have been sacked from our organization and will no longer be able to propagate their lies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
shaowebb said:
I'm just gonna say this.
Even with being cool with Green Day... I think that this is the shittiest idea for a band to have it's own game that has ever been released.
Green Day should be a DLC or some shit not a whole game. I can't even listen to a whole Green Day album without feeling a strong need to hear someone else sing before I get to the end.So the last thing I want to experience is people trying to fucking sing like him on Rock Band for an hour.

When they do Led Zeppelin Rock Band, or Pink Floyd rock band, or fucking anyone relevant Rock Band call me and tell me about your "game of the century". Until then I think I'll keep playing my REAL musical instruments and enjoying them.
Those bands would make for much more interesting gameplay, and many would agree that they're better, period. That said, Green Day are far more relevant. Also, lol at the last sentence

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The game WILL play all Green Day DLC released as well as be exportable to Rock Band 2 for a low $10 fee. (GameStop reserves will receive a code for a free export.)

The Plus Edition of GD: RB will contain the main game as well as an export code and a code for all available GD DLC.

The export code will only export the

There's something missing from that line... what will you only be able to export?

TAJ

firehawk12 said:
There's something missing from that line... what will you only be able to export?
"... entirety of Green Day: Rock Band, 47 songs in total. Previous reports of the export fee covering The Beatles: Rock Band and the complete Guitar Hero franchise were in error."

Way better than your DJ Hero OP :lol looks good.

Were going to prove archie wrong and break 100 posts dammit!

I will be buying day one too, one of the few I guess. Not excited with the price of entry but whatever.

TAJ

We get to humiliate Archie? Pfft... I'll post enough myself if I have to. :p See how easy that is? Only 27 to go...

ElNarez

Banned
Being a complete twatwaffle aside, it'll be a day one purchase for me too. And I'll throw one hell of a party to celebrate. This is gonna own.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TAJ said:
We get to humiliate Archie? Pfft... I'll post enough myself if I have to. :p See how easy that is? Only 27 to go...

Archie's existence is humiliating enough, no need to go the extra mile.

The line must be drawn here.

If this sells, they'll find shittier bands.. RB: Bon Jovi, My Chemical Rock Band, Emo Rock Band.

Make a stand.

ElNarez

Banned
SaggyMonkey said:

If this sells, they'll find shittier bands.. RB: Bon Jovi, My Chemical Rock Band.
If that's really the case, then COUNT ME THE FUCK IN.

TAJ

McBradders said:
Archie's existence is humiliating enough, no need to go the extra mile.
Actually, I think the number of GAFers with broken sarcasm detectors and/or no sense of humor alone will let this coast past 100 and far beyond.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TAJ said:
Actually, I think the number of GAFers with broken sarcasm detectors and/or no sense of humor alone will let this coast past 100 and far beyond.

This is true.

Also this game has Milton Keynes in it. I grew up there. And I attended their show there. The circle is now complete.

Also count me in for Bon Jovi: Rockband.

Terrordactyl said:
Way better than your DJ Hero OP :lol looks good.
I was going to edit the DJ Hero OP when I got home. :(
SaggyMonkey said:

If this sells, they'll find shittier bands.. RB: Bon Jovi, My Chemical Rock Band, Emo Rock Band.

Make a stand.
I'd much rather take a genre or decade game over a band one any day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TAJ said:
"... entirety of Green Day: Rock Band, 47 songs in total. Previous reports of the export fee covering The Beatles: Rock Band and the complete Guitar Hero franchise were in error."

Man, I was hoping to play Metallica songs!

I guess selling a CE with a DLC code is easy money for people who care about completing that album. I suppose just putting those songs on the disc and giving them to everyone would be asking too much. :lol

Chris R

Rahxephon91 said:
I don't even like Green Day. So I have to ask what better stuff? Dookie?
Basically Dookie through Nimrod is the only period of Green Day I'd ever listen to or want to play.

Would be sad to see this do better than The Beatles game :(
Even though it won't even be close... I HOPE

firehawk12 said:
Man, I was hoping to play Metallica songs!

I guess selling a CE with a DLC code is easy money for people who care about completing that album. I suppose just putting those songs on the disc and giving them to everyone would be asking too much. :lol

You know, the average (american) idiot who buys these games probably never figures out there's a download store. So a code lures you to that world probably pushes a few more over the edge.

Ricker

I thought the demo was pretty good,I just wanted to rent this and play through all the songs at least once but now I think i`ll buy it...the presentation is pretty well done I think,those explosions and all at the end of Welcome to Paradise where great,for example.

SaggyMonkey said:

Make a stand.

Day 1 on Green Day but your statement reminds me....where the fuck is The Black Parade full album DLC???? Come on Harmonix! DO IT!

I want a Coheed and Cambria Rock Band where we can play all of the albums in chronological order while an animated movie of the story plays in the background.

U2NUMB

But really, how many copies of these band centered games do they have to sell to turn a profit? They always use the same engine with some tweaks and in the end its a glorified track pack. Beatles was certainly more involved but for Green Day and also AC DC they really can not cost that much to produce.

As long as they can continue to make money I dont see why they will stop.

(This is in response to the IGN article)

ElNino

firehawk12 said:
The Green Day DLC packs came out months ago though... it's not like they were held off the disc just get people to buy the Plus version.

As for the game... I've been listening to Green Day for the better part of the last 20 years and have been waiting for Green Day songs to be part of Rock Band since the first game came out. Needless to say I'll be picking it up... I'm pretty sure I'll even be able to get my wife to do vocals as she should know most of the songs as well.

My only complaints are that there aren't more songs... ie. J.A.R., more from the Insomniac/Nimrod albums and anything from Kerplunk (probably an issue with licensing since Dookie was their first major label release).

U2NUMB said:
As long as they can continue to make money I dont see why they will stop.

(This is in response to the IGN article)
Why would we want them to stop?

Ridley327

Both Harmonix and the band mentioned that the masters for 39/Smooth and Kerplunk weren't in a condition to be used in the game, but they've vaguely hinted at Kerplunk being remastered for future use. I wouldn't expect it for anything other than its 20th anniversary (has it really been that long?), but you never know.

daegan

TAJ said:
I have a sense of humor, I'm just annoyed because I already had to stop reading the RB Platform Thread after it spoiled FFXIII for me and by then I was tired of most of the regular posters in that thread. Its like 85000 pages about Lady Gaga and 5 actually about Rock Band.

daegan said:
I have a sense of humor, I'm just annoyed because I already had to stop reading the RB Platform Thread after it spoiled FFXIII for me and by then I was tired of most of the regular posters in that thread. Its like 85000 pages about Lady Gaga and 5 actually about Rock Band.
Or, you know, not that at all. Sure there are off topic moments, but with the impending release of RB3
and Pearl Jam: Rock Band
there has been a steady trend of on-topic...ness.

ElNino

Ridley327 said:
Both Harmonix and the band mentioned that the masters for 39/Smooth and Kerplunk weren't in a condition to be used in the game, but they've vaguely hinted at Kerplunk being remastered for future use. I wouldn't expect it for anything other than its 20th anniversary (has it really been that long?), but you never know.
I figured that was part of it as well. The difference in the quality of the recordings between Kerplunk (or 39/Smooth) and Dookie is substantial.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Rahxephon91 said:
Calm down buddy. I know its cool to be rocking about fighting the man ,but sometime you have to come down and face reality and realize that middle age people should'nt wear eyeliner.
Honestly, this perspective is, like, objectively full of shit.

I don't really care for Greenday much anymore, but they have a style about them and people calling for them to change it just because they are too old is trying to put cultural conventions on a band that purposefully pushed (or pushes, I guess, since they're still doing it) against them.

It's basically a matured style of what they used to wear, kind of like how their music is.

TAJ said:
Two million of those GH: Aerosmith sales were probably for $7 (with guitar, lol) on clearance.

They sold half a million in a week, if I remember correctly. It probably legit outsold Beatles before any sales.

Top Bottom