• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Play the Game of the Century

BJK

Green Day: Rock Band |OT| of Why play anything after Dookie?
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Music to hate Ex-Presidents to
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Can it sell worse than 'Beatles: Rock Band'?
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| of Remember that time they were on 'King of the Hill'
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| The one screen from the demo was more newsworthy
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| of Plz patch in keytar support, HMX?!?
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| of waiting for 'Air Supply: Rock Band'
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Go ahead and wait for the price drop
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Should have been given away free with the purchase of RB3
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| The representative from California has the sales floor

Any of these titles would also have been acceptable.
I could legitimately have seen myself paying $10-15 eventually for their first album as DLC with RB2&3. Now, I have to decide whether it's worth it to pay $20 for the game when it finally hits that price 6-12 months from now.

birdman

BJK said:
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| of Why play anything after Dookie?
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Music to hate Ex-Presidents to
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Can it sell worse than 'Beatles: Rock Band'?
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| of Remember that time they were on 'King of the Hill'
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| The one screen from the demo was more newsworthy
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| of Plz patch in keytar support, HMX?!?
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| of waiting for 'Air Supply: Rock Band'
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Go ahead and wait for the price drop
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| Should have been given away free with the purchase of RB3
Green Day: Rock Band |OT| The representative from California has the sales floor

Any of these titles would also have been acceptable.

2/10. At least Narez tried to use a play on words with his.

"Harmonix's Walking Contradiction" is the greatest, and yours truly came up with it. Obvs. Proud of "Wake Me Up When RB3 releases" too.

ElNaraz' "Bullet in a Platform" is genius though.

I'll just buy one copy with some friends of mine and split up the cost.

Tracklist is good from dookie to nimrod (though they could have picked better songs); the rest is kinda meh, but still, imagining me and my friends (drunk of course) jamming along dookie is worth the price.

Great OP, by the way.

DuckRacer

TheGreatDave said:
"Harmonix's Walking Contradiction" is the greatest, and yours truly came up with it. Obvs. Proud of "Wake Me Up When RB3 releases" too.

But it's fully exportable.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Pretty excited to play Warning through 21st Cen Breakdown.

However I will never understand why people jizz over Dookie. It's so boring compared to American Idiot.

Jesus of Suburbia >>>>>> Entire Dookie album.

ElNarez

Banned
TheGreatDave said:

Yeah, just to give credit where credit is due, all the alternate titles were made by TheGreatDave, Archie, Jet Grind Radio!, Affeinvasion and yours truly. And they are kind of awesome.

EDIT : Also, here's a bonus one for you guys that I forgot to put up there :
-Green Day: Rock Band |OT| - Call me pathetic call me what you will

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Sp3eD said:
Pretty excited to play Warning through 21st Cen Breakdown.

However I will never understand why people jizz over Dookie. It's so boring compared to American Idiot.

Jesus of Suburbia >>>>>> Entire Dookie album.

You are Costanza tier.

painey

I'll be getting this as I loved Green Day and had all their albums up to Warning, but i'm pissed that it has all the new songs which are mainly dogshite.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Sp3eD said:
I have no rose tinted glasses of nostalgia.

Viva La Gloria! >>>>> Dookie.

Deal with it homies.

I stand by my decision and reserve the right to put you in to Archie tier if this kind of nonsense persists, sir.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Blu_LED said:
Getting the Plus version for $50? Good deal, right? :\

Yes. Free export to RB2 and all the DLC. If you already have the DLC, it still is worth it for the export.

Rahxephon91 said:
Calm down buddy. I know its cool to be rocking about fighting the man ,but sometime you have to come down and face reality and realize that middle age people should'nt wear eyeliner.
keith_richards.jpg

Blu_LED said:
Getting the Plus version for $50? Good deal, right? :\
Where did you find that deal?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
When you export to RB2, does it still let you play with harmonies (in RB2)?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Dacvak said:
When you export to RB2, does it still let you play with harmonies (in RB2)?

No.

However RB3 has harmonies and all the Green Day DLC packs from last year have harmony support embedded in them so it would be a sure bet that in RB3 they will.

metareferential said:
Tracklist is good from dookie to nimrod (though they could have picked better songs); the rest is kinda meh, but still, imagining me and my friends (drunk of course) jamming along dookie is worth the price.

The full albums of Dookie and American Idiot make this completely worth it. Everything thing on top of that is icing on the cake. I know people are disappointed by the lack of songs off Nimrod, Insomniac, etc. . . . but they did make some choices with Geek Stink Breath, Minority, etc.

onken said:
lol seriously who the fuck thought a Van Halen game would be a good idea?
Well . . . Van Halen is one of the guitar gods, so it wasn't such a bad idea. But sales are artificially low since a ton of people got it for free by pre-ordering GH5.

It was terribly executed though.

onken

speculawyer said:
Well . . . Van Halen is one of the guitar gods, so it wasn't such a bad idea. But sales are artificially low since a ton of people got it for free by pre-ordering GH5.

It was terribly executed though.

Well they probably only did the GH5 give away because of low retailer demand. I love VH as much as any guitar freak but a whole game? Really?

DuckRacer

Gunstarheroes said:
:lol :lol :lol

Seriously, Green Day is probably the best Band-specific game besides Metallica as far as charts are concerned, and that's what counts.
:lol Maybe if you're a drummer.

ElNino

TheGreatDave said:
Metalica > Beatles > Aerosmith > shit > Van Halen > Green Day > Pearl Jam.
Pearl Jam > Metallica = Green Day > Beatles > Aerosmith > AC/DC >s hit > Van Halen

AC/DC would be higher than Aerosmith if it wasn't all live and if they didn't have the Big Rock Endings that were almost half of the entire song. Also, if Beatles was exportable I'd have them equal with Metallica and Green Day.

Top Bottom