• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT4 brings you....The Ring!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I have been playing GPL lately and although it's a fantastic sim, the thing that detracts from the awesome experience of racing F1 cars on the Ring is how bloody difficult it is to keep those light 1965 soapbox racers on the road and not spinning out. Not to mention it only runs at 36fps.

With the Ring being in GT4, and rumors of Formula 1 cars making another appearance, I am salivating at the thought of racing Nurburgring at 60fps online with a FF wheel in some F1 open-wheelers! It's going to rawk my boxers!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

008.jpg

017.jpg

Courtesy of *Gpara.com*

Just look at those beauties! If the F1 cars in GT4 handle the way they did in GT3 and have the same SoS, I'm going to kill my chicken!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
There are rumors circulating that you can drive off the course and through the back trees and forest area...

I really doubt they'll do that. That sounds like something from NFSU. Kaz is very serious about this being taken as a serious racer so I doubt they'll do shortcuts like that. This might have come from that old photo edit pic of a 350Z sitting in a field surrounded by trees. Or they might go ahead and do it, but I really can't see that happening.

Soul4ger

Dekajelly said:
True, the track is lined with armco barrier and brick walls. :D

Brick walls are nothing to a Nissan! Use common sense! :p

Looks great, though. As I said before, I'll be buying it just to ride around the courses.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
God, the game's so gorgeous...

I hate sim racers, I only come into the threads for the graphics, and it never disappoints.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Mama Smurf said:
God, the game's so gorgeous...

I hate sim racers, I only come into the threads for the graphics, and it never disappoints.

But...but... it won't really look like that!!!!!!!!!

ourumov

I think the Ring was also present on that game you loved so much...well it was a love-hate relation, wasn't it ??
Which was its name ? I can't remember PG...PGA ? no... PGI ?...PGR !!! That was !!! PGR 2.

isamu

ourumov said:
I think the Ring was also present on that game you loved so much...well it was a love-hate relation, wasn't it ??
Which was its name ? I can't remember PG...PGA ? no... PGI ?...PGR !!! That was !!! PGR 2.

The sad part is that I came *this* close to picking up another copy :)

Acrylamid

isamu said:
Deka....how do you download these movies? I clicked on "Connect to server" and I dunno, it's all in french and they want me to enter username and password or some shit.
It's German and you have to register here .

Shinobi

015.jpg

Probably the most bad ass turn at that course...what's the banking there, like 45 degrees?

I thought of grabbing PGR2 just to race this course, and I might still do that if I find it cheap. But I'm defintely gonna grab GT4 for it.

isamu said:
There are rumors circulating that you can drive off the course and through the back trees and forest area...

It must be the same source who told Gamefan you could fly down beneath the trees (and into the forest) in PilotWings 64.

yes that banked corner is nasty. Its called karusell if its the first one of them.

The groundeffectcars (like the Porsche 956 / 962) was going on the outside
of that corner to avoid the banking, cause the cars had better grip up there!

(that says something about the amount of grip those group-c cars had..)

nurburgring is in germany.

isamu

m0dus said:
agreed, but the textures--especially the road and grass--leave a bit to be desired.

How so?

Dekajelly said:
There is a 22 minute video on the way from the new BMW demo which will be hosted at http://gtplanet.net

22 minute video of someone driving where? Around the ring? Can't wait to see this....

Dekajelly

Just started to download the video now, TPP don't follow the link in the forum because when the video page pops up you won't be logged in.

To get the video...

From the forum (where you're logged in) click on the GT4 link at the top, go to videos and start downloading. :D

Brosa

That was 22 wonderful minutes of my life! Holy Moly what a wonderful game!

Hope he does the same for the Amalfi track.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ooow FUCK! The server crashed while I was dowloading. DAMN!!! I will never see this video.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I don't think so. :(

I'm downloading again. 11% now. Still 1hr and half to go. Fingers crossed as tight as I can.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'll make a torrent and seed it with my 100 mbits link in about 25 minutes

Edit: Or maybe not, I get good speeds from the server but it seems unstable...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Got it, you can download it via bittorrent (faster / safer) or via direct http download (slower, should work with a download manager though)

http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_625_en.html

Xvid version (smaller, hopefully a bit better looking, may have some sound desync)
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_626_en.html

Yeah I know I'm the webmaster of an xbox site, but I'm much more a fan of racing games than of any of the 3 consoles. Deal with it ;)

Please do not link to the .torrent file directly it could be a problem with the seeding script.

jedimike

Since this is more of a celebration of the "Ring" rather than GT4, I will add my 2 cents. Those GT4 screens do look amazing.

This is my favorite car to take on the ring...

1089316284.jpg

I wish PGR2 would keep track of the fastest times for each car instead of just the track.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I've reencoded that awful quicktime video (interlaced, encoded as not interlaced, bleh) to Xvid. It should be much better looking but there may be some sound problems (encoded it via a remote link to my work comp so I've not been able to check the entire file). The file is smaller too :
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_626_en.html

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Lisa Lashes said:
Why is it that every pic I see of GT4 is always some lame replay pic that has nothing to do with actual gameplay?

You don't look at many racing game pics, eh. :p

Just kidding, but every racing game that is coming out shows the replays. They want it to look as good as possible. But there are gameplay pics and footage out there somewhere.

Top Bottom