• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Schmitty

I will be there for the finale. Unfortunately, I went over my school's bandwidth limit watching too much Top Gear so my connection was slowed and I didn't want to lag things.

Audi TTS Coupe -- Team FR4WD (aka worst attendance)

ashk

Sign me up!

ashk - Raven Racing Int. - BMW M3 Coupe '07

@Metalmurphy: Since there's no quali, could you explain how the race grid that was posted will be formed?

ashk said:
Sign me up!

ashk - Raven Racing Int. - BMW M3 Coupe '07

@Metalmurphy: Since there's no quali, could you explain how the race grid that was posted will be formed?

There will be a "parade" lap till the start of the Nordschleife layout, till then we get the cars in the correct position.

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
There will be a "parade" lap till the start of the Nordschleife layout, till then we get the cars in the correct position.

Ok, sounds good. BTW, good idea to take out qualifiying, it would have taken forever in these cars. The way the grid is set up should make it exciting.

gutterboy44 said:
Shit, it is the Easter weekend issue again. Ahhh so want to do this race!

Remind me again what this issue is. Considering this is the final event, and last 1 hour, we could perhaps delay to a time where more people can join.

brentech

People have family get-togethers for the holiday weekend. While I'm not religious, my wife's family is and they usually do stuff.

brentech

Kind of depends. Sometimes family comes in from out of town, othertImes it's just for Sunday. But I honestly don't know our plans or if we even have any at this point.

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
The entire weekend? Should we delay it a week then? Or maybe have it on Friday?

Friday and Saturday both work for me. But if we can't get at least ~10 people signed up for either day I'd say delay it to next week.

Metalmurphy said:
Remind me again what this issue is. Considering this is the final event, and last 1 hour, we could perhaps delay to a time where more people can join.

Don't give a toss about the actual holiday but I normally travel back up state to visit family this weekend. I will be unavailable Friday night through Sunday night. This is probably similar to other people's travel plans.

If I was going to be home for more than a weekend I would bring the wheel and PS3 but it is a bit of a hassle as of now. We delayed the Super GT 2 season start for the holiday weekend as well.

I have no idea if I'll be at home next weekend... I will post and confirm whenever I know.

PS: Yeah I don't think this week is a good time to race. I'm with my GF's family taking care of two 6 years old kids :p

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
What about during the week?

People still stuck at work/univ/wtv? I have a 2 week break from my univ atm.
I'm game anytime the week after Easter. Although time zone issues will be even more troublesome during weekdays. Normal race time = good for Europeans, US people at work and Aussies going to work... :/

Kaze13

Depending on how my new job drafts my schedule, I might not be able to do these races anymore....uber bummer but teh monies are needed. I'll keep you guys posted.

I finally got a new ps3 at a great price 149 for 320gb new, unfortunatly it wont arrive untill next week. Its so hard being away from GT5 for this long. This is the longest I've gone without playing it. I can't think of any game after GT4 where im still playing it daily 6 months after release.

ashk said:
We could have a non-championship (practice) race(s) on Saturday instead of the official event?

We can even have a Surprise Special Event :p How does Karting sound?

SunhiLegend said:
I finally got a new ps3 at a great price 149 for 320gb new, unfortunatly it wont arrive untill next week. Its so hard being away from GT5 for this long. This is the longest I've gone without playing it. I can't think of any game after GT4 where im still playing it daily 6 months after release.
Hopefully u'll get it in time for the final event.

UFRA

I miss you guys, and GT5, but work is interfering with my gaming time majorly right now.

Sorry to Team Redline for my low activity lately. :(

brentech

UFRA said:
I miss you guys, and GT5, but work is interfering with my gaming time majorly right now.

Sorry to Team Redline for my low activity lately. :(
Yea. Not sure what I'll be able to do...even when PSN is back up =\

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah, this one won't count for points at all.

*edit*

Actually, wth am I saying, PSN is down, we can't race at all
Yeah, was really wondering there. We'll be lucky to be online at all in the next few days.

ashk

What really sucks is that you can't even properly practice without online capabilities. Tyre wear, fuel consumption, choosing the time of day and weather is all impossible in normal practice. Horrible design.

BTW, will the race be with dynamic weather or fixed sunny (or rainy :p)?

ashk said:
What really sucks is that you can't even properly practice without online capabilities. Tyre wear, fuel consumption, choosing the time of day and weather is all impossible in normal practice. Horrible design.

BTW, will the race be with dynamic weather or fixed sunny (or rainy :p)?
no weather. Just a full day/night cycle.

mastershake said:
When are you guys going to start season 2? Is there any room for more? NRL looks pretty bad ass and a whole lot of fun!

Right after 1 ends, which is probably next week unless PSN is still dead

And yes there will be room for sure.

Metalmurphy said:
Right after 1 ends, which is probably next week unless PSN is still dead

And yes there will be room for sure.

Awesome. I hope i am good enough to compete and not get lapped. If not, i will just try the torpedo method that seems to be going on lately! :p

I have to play with a crappy controller right now but when i get back to the states in a few weeks i want to buy a real nice wheel setup.

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Teams? Where we're going we don't need teams!
Is that a comment in jest, or actually mean something...like since turn out has dropped a bit the last few races we'll just be lone wolfing it for season 2?

brentech said:
Is that a comment in jest, or actually mean something...like since turn out has dropped a bit the last few races we'll just be lone wolfing it for season 2?
*wink*

Sorry for the late reply :p Must have missed it

So..........

Now that PSN is back up what's going with this? I believe we had one race left this season? And then a short hiatus as plans for season 2 are put into place?

weekend_warrior said:
So..........

Now that PSN is back up what's going with this? I believe we had one race left this season? And then a short hiatus as plans for season 2 are put into place?

We'll see how everything goes during this week. It's not up for me yet for example, probably not up for some other regions either.

And the break between Season 1 and Season 2 will be VERY short. Like 1 week short.

Angst

Lets do it this weekend MM! :) I don't think anyone in the league is any of the still down regions?

If we're doing the race I volunteer for team Metal Gear Racing!

Top Bottom