• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

lQpST.png

wCQwH.jpg

Y3Fqy.png
Length: 15.76mi/25359 m Longest Straight: 1.33mi/2135 m Elevation Change: 984.2ft/300,0 m Corners: 89​

Race starts in:
t1306008000z0.png

Race preview:
This is it! The final round! Even though Metal Gear Racing only need 100 points secure it, first place is still within reach of both Raven Racing International and Team Redline. It's anyone's game.

The stage to decide it all will be the 24 hour layout of the extremely challenging Nürburgring during a one hour endurance race. It will be the ultimate test of determination, patience and driving skills.

The race will start at 06:00AM (game time) and the speed will be set to simulate one entire day during the 1 hour race.

There will be no qualifying for this race, instead the grid will be based on the current team standings:

1 - Team FR4WD Driver #1 - Schmitty
2 - Deep Speed Driver #1 - Dibbz
3 - Team F.W.t.C. Driver #1 - Kaze13
4 - Team Redline Driver #1 - brentech
5 - Raven Racing Int. Driver #1 - ashk
6 - Metal Gear Racing Driver #1 - Angst
7 - Team FR4WD Driver #2
8 - Deep Speed Driver #2 - SunhiLegend
9 - Team F.W.t.C. Driver #2 - Toxa
10 - Team Redline Driver #2​
11 - Raven Racing Int. Driver #2 - weekend_warrior
12 - Metal Gear Racing Driver #2 - gutterboy44

It is up to each team to decide who will be #1 and #2. Best of luck to all participants.​

How to join:
Just post in this thread that you want to join the race and what car you'll be using so you can be added to the list. Priority will be given to members with the lowest Individual Points. Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list if you haven't done it yet, and on race day join the private lounge a couple of minutes before the race time.​

Substitute Drivers:
If you are not registered for this race, but would still like to race, you are free to join the server as long as it doesn't fill up, if for some reason a registered player isn't available you might fill in for him. But you MUST follow these guidelines while on the server.​
  • DO NOT enter the track unless asked to do so by the race organizer.
  • You will be given priority to replace someone from your own team.
  • No one guarantees you will actually race.
  • If the person you are replacing arrives during practice or qualifying you MUST leave the track for him to join.
  • If the server is full and a registered players are missing you will be asked to leave the server.

Player conduct while on the server:
  • When the race organizer wants to start the event, please keep chatter to a minimum.
  • Qualifying will start 10 minutes after race time. Use the time to warm up.
  • All members registered on the race must join the track. Substitute players will only join the track when asked to do so by the race organizer.
  • Before qualifying starts we will do a synch check, followed by a 1 lap race. (to reset times)
  • Qualifying will start immediately after the 1 lap race and the full race set to start after 10 minutes.
  • All the players that were in the previous 1 lap race must join the track right after it ends and start posting their times.
  • During qualifying DO NOT quit to the lounge.
  • Please be extra careful during the first corner, and the first lap in general.
  • You must do at least 1 mandatory pit stop during the race.

Players Participating in this Round (10/12):
  • Team Redline - brentech - (Mazda RX-8 Type S '07)
  • Team Redline -
  • Team Metal Gear Racing - Angst - (BMW M3 Coupe ‘07)
  • Team Metal Gear Racing - gutterboy44 - (Ferrari 512BB '76)
  • Team FR4WD - Schmitty - (Audi TTS Coupe '09)
  • Team FR4WD -
  • Team FWTC - Kaze13 - (Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08)
  • Team FWTC - Toxa - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99)
  • Raven Racing Int. - ashk - (BMW M3 Coupe '07)
  • Raven Racing Int. - weekend_warrior - (BMW 135i Coupe '07)
  • Deep Speed - Dibbz - (Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (C5) '04)
  • Deep Speed - SunhiLegend - (Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34) ‘02)

Subs:
  • Raven Racing Int. - Risk Breaker - (Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08)
  • Team Metal Gear Racing - Metalmurphy - (BMW M3 Coupe ‘07)
  • Team Metal Gear Racing - Niks - (Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02)

Mush

Before we go again I think it's important since the NRL is in the middle (read: the end) of their 1st Season I think it's important that MM is able to finish Season 1 without having to deal with Super GT clashes, since we haven't started up again yet.

So in summary; NRL this weekend, Super GT (possibly) later.

brentech

Unavailable this weekend. =(
Have guests coming into town.

edit: actually, if I'm understanding the time right - that would be like 4am here. So while it wouldn't be an issue due to having guests, my wife wouldn't appreciate the racket from the wheel at that hour....plus, you know, I'd probably fall asleep.

brentech said:
Unavailable this weekend. =(
Have guests coming into town.

edit: actually, if I'm understanding the time right - that would be like 4am here. So while it wouldn't be an issue due to having guests, my wife wouldn't appreciate the racket from the wheel at that hour....plus, you know, I'd probably fall asleep.

oO Where you at atm?

Angst said:
Will we use weather?
No.

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
oO Where you at atm?
You put the countdown to 8 AM instead of 8 PM. He was probably looking at that.

Anyways, sign me up!

ashk - Raven Racing Int. - BMW M3 Coupe '07

brentech

Ahh, lol. Makes more sense now. I'll have to figure out when our friends are driving up, but I don't think I can make it. Will be sure to sign up if I think I can.

Angst

Lets practice tonight!

Everybody available, join the NRL Lounge tonight for some Nürburgring fun! :)

I'll be there at the usual time - 21.00 CET / 20.00 UK / 19.00 UCT

ashk said:
You put the countdown to 8 AM instead of 8 PM. He was probably looking at that.
MetalMurphy said:
Lol, I was actually ready for racing at the crack of dawn on Sunday. :D 8 PM sounds a lot better though

SunhiLegend said:
SunhiLegend - Deep Speed - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34) ‘02

MM the video is showing up blank for me, only awesome sound.

I know :p

Just 2 hints for now.

Btw, don't forget that it's you guys that choose which member of a team goes on the Grid. I'm currently putting them in the order of registration but you can change that.

Sounds like race modified cars to me. DTM, super cars, I don't know but they sound much more aggressive than the cars we are currently driving.

Angst

Angst said:
Lets practice tonight!

Everybody available, join the NRL Lounge tonight for some Nürburgring fun! :)

I'll be there at the usual time - 21.00 CET / 20.00 UK / 19.00 UCT
We're in the lounge now, feel free to join us.

UFRA

I won't be able to make the final.

I'm actually off of work that day, but I'm finishing up moving into my new place that day. :(

Angst

UFRA said:
I won't be able to make the final.

I'm actually off of work that day, but I'm finishing up moving into my new place that day. :(
Sorry to hear that UFRA. (Sorry about you not being able to attend - not about you moving to a new place):)

We had a small but awesome practice session today. Did some laps on the Ring and ended up with a rally race on Toscana. We need to do more rally events! :D

UFRA

brentech said:
Seems our team is likely to not have any representation. ={

Yeah that sucks.

I'm glad I was able to enjoy the league for at least the majority of the season.

Once I get settled into my new place and I finish the training phase of the new job (sometime in July) then I should be able to at least have a consistent idea of when I can participate.

Right now my schedule is a bit random and hard to work with. :/

Angst

Niks has said that he can be a backup driver if he's not racing for our team. On that note - who besides me want to race for MGR? I haven't heard anything from gutterboy in a while. Sending him a PM.

Angst said:
Niks has said that he can be a backup driver if he's not racing for our team. On that note - who besides me want to race for MGR? I haven't heard anything from gutterboy in a while. Sending him a PM.
Isn't it obvious? :p

ashk

I think I got it :D

gygvz.jpg

Great championships to have in GT5 since I think all of the cars racing there are in the game (except Porsche and if you replace the Maserati MC12 with the Enzo Ferrari). If the cars are properly balanced, this will be so awesome.

Dibbz

bisonyes.gif

Love me some GT1, although how are we going to make the cars? ZR1 can be RM'd but what about the rest?

Dibbz said:
bisonyes.gif

Love me some GT1, although how are we going to make the cars? ZR1 can be RM'd but what about the rest?

We'll be using PP restriction. Initial tests i've been doing were quite positive.

If any of you want to help in testing just PM me.

I can still race as a sub, if the grid is incomplete :)

That said, I should start practising, haven't touched the game in a lot of time and never tried the 8C in the Nurb... I hope it's good lol

Top Bottom