• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Angst

Cool, looking forward to tonight!

Maybe you should quote the countdown timer again for the new page so everybody knows what time it is?

Time till next race:

brentech said:
Might make it, but no promises. Plans I thought were for today were for yesterday. Need to get on and do some practice.

You might have just saved your teams second place :p

Btw, Risk Breaker = EdgeyPoo right?

ashk

IMO even if the grid is full, MM and Niks should also be allowed to race for individual points since they're leading the rankings and as such it wouldn't make sense if they miss the final race.

brentech

Plan to practice a little later (about to get lunch). I have enough laps at the 'ring obviously, but not in my car. My only real concern is how it handles bumps....other tracks with uneven surfaces required tweaking as the my RX-8 wasn't holding onto the road very well which left me vulnerable.

Probably not going to be able to make it. Already 1pm here and I have a lot of errands to run. Sorry, hope Niks can make it. Good luck to all.

I was missing from the threads because I was finishing my senior thesis for school and of course PSN down. I am done though, woot!

brentech

Sorry, had to leave. With it getting later and later, and not seeming like it was going to start without another hitch, I had to get going cause the length of the race was longer than I expected as well. Would have had to quit during it anyways.

brentech said:
Sorry, had to leave. With it getting later and later, and not seeming like it was going to start without another hitch, I had to get going cause the length of the race was longer than I expected as well. Would have had to quit during it anyways.

Dammit I missed the start. Just got back to the house, was hoping Risk Breaker would sub-in if I missed it.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
Race results postponed since I got disconnected and wasn't able to grab them >.<
blurry phone image:
1THYkl.jpg

And PAL replay:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n8auh88oy8fu7oq

The league is over, we now have the final results...

uJyhX.jpg

#1 Metal Gear Racing
#2 Raven Racing International
#3 Team Fast Windmills through Chemistry

Team Rewards:
Each Metal Gear Racing member: 3 Prizes
Each Raven Racing International Member: 2 Prizes
Each Team Fast Windmills through Chemistry: 1 Prize

Other Rewards (1 Prize per reward):
Most total points:
Niks & Ashk

Best point ratio:
Ashk

Most podium finishes:
Niks & Ashk

Most races finished:
Metalmurphy

Podium finishes on a losing team:
UFRA x 3
Dibbz x 2
SunhiLegend
Schmitty
BrLvgThrChmstry

Total amount of prizes per member:
Metalmurphy - 4 (Nothing / Nothing / Nothing / Nothing)
Angst - 3 (Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000)
Niks - 5
gutterboy44 - 3 (Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000)

weekend_warrior - 2 (Chrome Paint Chip / Ticket 1000)
ashk - 5 (Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000)
Dead Man - 2
Risk Breaker - 2 (Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000)

Mush - 1
Toxa - 1
Kaze13 - 1
Lead Farmer - 1

UFRA - 3 (Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000 / Ticket 1000)
Dibbz - 2 (Impreza WRC 2008 / ?? )
SunhiLegend - 1
Schmitty - 1
BrLvgThrChmstry - 1

Each prize consists of either a Ticket 1000, any Car below 1.000.000 Cr., or a Chrome Paint Chip. You can start posting which you prefer. They'll be offered in no special order, 1 per day. (It's gonna take a while)

h3ro

Just saw your PM, MM. Sorry I missed the race, I was out all day and just got back in. I had a blast watching the races, thanks for the laughs guys. Due to my work schedule currently, I probably won't be able to partake in a further league, fingers crossed though.

h3ro said:
Just saw your PM, MM. Sorry I missed the race, I was out all day and just got back in. I had a blast watching the races, thanks for the laughs guys. Due to my work schedule currently, I probably won't be able to partake in a further league, fingers crossed though.

No prob. Didn't warn you with enough time so wasn't expecting miracles :p

weekend_warrior said:
Dammit I missed the start. Just got back to the house, was hoping Risk Breaker would sub-in if I missed it.

:/ And I went to bed early (30 mins before the race would supposedly start) thinking that everyone could make it and the grid was full. Craaap, I wanted to race :( I should have stayed up and checking the thread just in case. Grrr. Really sorry guys, I hope we get season 2 up and running soon, before summer craziness starts.

Checking race and season results now...

Dibbz

wow we get prizes? That's awesome.

Good racing yesterday everyone. My pit strategy kinda worked out but by the last few laps my tyres were really bad and I was struggling to hold on. Can't believe I was able to hold of Angst for an entire lap.

Angst

Dibbz said:
wow we get prizes? That's awesome.

Good racing yesterday everyone. My pit strategy kinda worked out but by the last few laps my tyres were really bad and I was struggling to hold on. Can't believe I was able to hold of Angst for an entire lap.
I was looking for a safe place to overtake you, but when we hit the long straight I couldn't get enough speed to pass. The Corvette has some serious power under the hood.

And it was nice to be able to race again with you guys.

UFRA

Congrats everyone!!

Sucks to see Team Redline bumped off of the podium when I'm confident we could have defended our position. :(

But hey, availability is what it is...we couldn't do anything about it. It was a pleasure racing with you all this season. TONS of fun :)

Cool idea with the rewards. I'll take Ticket 1000's for mine. :)

weekend_warrior said:
Can my prize be a chrome/gold paint chip?

Congrats to everyone, I had a blast during season 1, looking forward to season 2.

You have 2 prizes, and I don't have golds, only chrome.

UFRA said:
Cool idea with the rewards. I'll take Ticket 1000's for mine. :)
You have 3 Prizes. You can choose any combination of the Prize types: for example, 1 Car, 1 Ticket, 1 Paint Chip.

Awesome job Metal Gear Racing! This league was a lot of fun, props to everyone involved. Love the podium graphics MM. Stoked for the next leagues.

Toxa said:
for the next season so far, What cars are allowed ?

List still isn't final but:
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
Ford Ford GT '06
Ford Ford GT LM Race Car
Ford Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Ford Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Nissan GT-R '07
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '10
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
RUF RGT '00
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
List still isn't final but:
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
Ford Ford GT '06
Ford Ford GT LM Race Car
Ford Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Ford Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Nissan GT-R '07
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '10
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
RUF RGT '00
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
Hrmm, some interesting cars. Going to have an internal debate with myself. I like having a unique car, but it's obviously got to be able to compete. There's some cars on there already that I like and will have to test against each other.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
You have 3 Prizes. You can choose any combination of the Prize types: for example, 1 Car, 1 Ticket, 1 Paint Chip.

I'll try my luck with 3 Ticket 1000's in that case. LOL

So far I've gotten rubbish from those, so maybe 3 in one crack will be good luck and I'll end up with a nice LeMans car or something. :D

brentech said:
Hrmm, some interesting cars. Going to have an internal debate with myself. I like having a unique car, but it's obviously got to be able to compete. There's some cars on there already that I like and will have to test against each other.

Same here. I like the DB9 and the R8, but maybe I'll ask MM to allow me to use the 8C, of course as long as it's competitive and not overpowered...

About the prizes... I would like, if possible (it may have a bigger value than 1M :/), an FTO Super Touring Car. I loved the LM in GT1 and I haven't found it yet in the UCD... :(

Otherwise, I would like two Ticket 1000 as well, please. And thanks for them, I honestly wasn't expecting it ^^

Schmitty

DAmn, next season I'll probably be away in London for the whole time so I might only be back for the last 2. The cars sound interesting.

Top Bottom