• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 1, 2, and London Sales?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I thought someone else asked this recently, but I couldn't find it in a search...

Does anyone have any data on the sales of the original GTA, GTA2, and the London expansion pack? The data would be greatly appreciated.

Although that's the data I really need, if someone wanted to throw in GTA3 and VC data as well, it'd save me a couple of clicks...

Miburou

Sorry, I don't have any concrete figures, but I do remember GTA and GTA2 selling pretty well on PS1 after the success of GTA3 on PS2. I think they were close to (or have exceeded) the 1M mark each in the US.

GDJustin

Although exact data is preferrable, if someone can give me data that's MORE than a guess, but still a ballpark figure (like "GTA2 sold about 1.5 million copies), then that would help too. As long as they knew this data, and weren't speculating.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm pretty sure the first one sold at least a million copies worldwide (I don't think console versions are included in this number, so all PC)

Miburou

GDJustin said:
Although exact data is preferrable, if someone can give me data that's MORE than a guess, but still a ballpark figure (like "GTA2 sold about 1.5 million copies), then that would help too. As long as they knew this data, and weren't speculating.

I'm neither speculating nor guessing. I do remember the NPD charts showing both games close to a million. Of course I might be wrong, but I'm at least 75% certain.

Lionheart

NPD January 2003 LTD:

Grand Theft Auto 2 (PSX): 997.376
Grand Theft Auto: Coll (PSX): 27.656
Grand Theft Auto (PSX): 698.360
Grand Theft Auto 2 (DC): 77.014

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
And that's without PC sales...still pretty good numbers

You gotta remember that the first three GTA's were released on PC first

GDJustin