• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Jason and I finally finished the prison break after way too many failures and it got tense we took care
(I was the pilot, he demolition) of the jets and waited around for the other two to make their way out, they finally did and I landed the plane and parked on Trever's runway, they precede to keep driving the SWAT truck past me and way off to the train tracks as my rage starts to build. I sit there for a bit after messaging one to get back to me but shortly after cops start spawning to come after me so I have to leave the run way and basically just rolled the plane over to them. Got the prisoner but the two randoms didn't get in as I had to get away again. Got back to the runway and finally they joined me in the damn plane and we flew off to finish it. At the end I was half expecting the last person to get into the buzzard to run into the rotor seeing how close he got to it.
It bothers me that I got into a random on my other account and first attempt did it with no issue but on my main account we had so much trouble. Match making has to be broken...

Turns out all it took was heists to bring me back to GTAO.

Joined the PS GAF crew and I'll see if anyone's on when I get a chance to do the Prison Break.

I gotta stop by Walmart tomorrow and pick up a headset. I quickly learned that they are pretty much necessary for these heists.

So I'm rank 4. Never could get into gta online but I'm trying it out again. How am I supposed to rank up if no one is doing jobs? Quick job and random isn't finding a single match.

Is everyone seriously that bad or am I better than I say I am?

I joined a random for the set up for the prison break where you have to
steal the prison bus
and I noticed that every single time I was the one who
took down the chopper, killed the driver and commandeered the bus.

Although, the one time we did manage to lose the cops and all we had to do was
stash the bus
, I was the one who got it wedged between a tree and two rocks and I ended up blowing up.

This shit is fucking fun.

Does anyone know how to unlock the Ammo Drop?
I have to pick up an Ammo drop as part of the daily challenge, but it's still locked.
I am the right level, but it says I have to be contacted by Merryweather.

Ted

Thanks for doing the tutorial with me last night DireStr8s, it happily reset the in order thing after all the server weirdness during the week. I enjoyed it and we were pretty slick and "criminal" I thought.

BigBoss, good to see another GAF'er joining random jobs. Dire and I were just trying to hurry Lester along and were in a party, I was chatting away to you but we both forgot where voie priority was set, sorry if we seemed unwelcoming as a result. Good 'chuting by the way. :)

So I'm rank 4. Never could get into gta online but I'm trying it out again. How am I supposed to rank up if no one is doing jobs? Quick job and random isn't finding a single match.

If you're on today anytime I'm happy to run through some co-op jobs with you.

[EDIT - that goes for anyone else struggling to level up as well and indeed anyone who just wants to play.]

lol, I was thinking the same thing!

Seriously, the shit would have really hit the fan at this point...

Jason, my man good to see you posting. I wish my PS3 still took discs, I miss raising hell with you, Raza and the OG claiming crates posse. :)

Jason and I finally finished the prison break...

Can I politely repeat Baron's request to spoiler tag at least the non-tutorial heists like you would a story for a little while at least? I'm keen to play them as blind as possible in terms of story and exciting new mechanics and like many I have an odd and busy schedule so I doubt I'll have all these done this weekend!

I'm quite interested to see if there is a story to pad out the relationship between Lester Crest
and Paige
. As GTA:O was always said to prelude GTAV chronologically and in GTAV
Paige doesn't feature at all to my knowledge, I am curious to see if she has some kind of tragic arc

Mistel

Banned
Does anyone know how to unlock the Ammo Drop?
I have to pick up an Ammo drop as part of the daily challenge, but it's still locked.
I am the right level, but it says I have to be contacted by Merryweather.
There's a cutscene you need to watch where you meet Trevor if you've not done that then they won't be available as a contact.

Ted

Ted, you need to get online tonight man.

I will be for sure but I want to go through them in order rather jumping about. I'm going to guess you're ahead of me? I think I saw you mention completing the Prison one? I think that's the second one right? That' my next one in order.

If you're happy to repeat though, jump in. I can be on pretty much whenever today but can't really marathon anything until about 10pm (GMT).

Mistel

Banned
T
I'm quite interested to see if there is a story to pad out the relationship between Lester Crest
and Paige
. As GTA:O was always said to prelude GTAV chronologically and in GTAV
Paige doesn't feature at all to my knowledge, I am curious to see if she has some kind of tragic arc
She's in V she's a hacker in all of the scores has the highest cut out of every crew member other than the player.
Do you know how to trigger that cutscene?
There should be a capital T on the map go to that / go to Trevor's house.

Ted

She's in V she's a hacker in all of the scores has the highest cut out of every crew member other than the player.

There should be a capital T on the map go to that / go to Trevor's house.

Ah, that makes sense why I don't know her, I always chose the Life Invader guy, the one with the questionable desktop!

Shame as I was hoping for something kind of interesting with her. She's not great in the tutorial but there's a lot of room for an interesting back story for her involvemet with Lester. Without any details is there any further depth going on through the heists (in terms of story) or is the tutorial basically it?

Happy either way for these but I wondered a couple of times whether GTAn (or any V expansion) may include some of these components in the SP story, perhaps as optional extras. Kind of more expansive versions of the Lester assassination missions in the current game.

I'm up for the prison one. We NEED waypoetic, though.

Oh yeah, we need to ensure we are immaculately dressed and we definitely need someone for the cycling part, eh, right?

*pokes Way*

:D

Can I politely repeat Baron's request to spoiler tag at least the non-tutorial heists like you would a story for a little while at least? I'm keen to play them as blind as possible in terms of story and exciting new mechanics and like many I have an odd and busy schedule so I doubt I'll have all these done this weekend!

It's only the second heist and you'll get the basics right from the start of it as to what it'll cover but I've gone back and spoiler tagged my story.

Mistel

Banned
Shame as I was hoping for something kind of interesting with her. She's not great in the tutorial but there's a lot of room for an interesting back story for her involvemet with Lester. Without any details is there any further depth going on through the heists (in terms of story) or is the tutorial basically it?
That's it I think she's in the fleeca one then what you would get in the main game.

Largo

I would be legitimately shocked if anybody got past the
Humane Labs stealth section
without a competent crew on mic. That shit was intense.

Man GTA Online shit match making is so bad and while there are some improvements, it's really just terrible. I tried hosting a new Adversary mode, and after like ~2mins of invites, finally the room starts to fill up. So we've got 6 people and it goes to launch, but other are joining, and so it can't launch and so for like 2 minutes 1 person tries to join and then either joins or leaves. At one point it gets up to 10/12 people and I'm like "CMON JUST LAUNCH," and then right before launching, 4 people "left" (probably kicked) and then by the time it gets to the team select screen there's only 6 people, then 3 of those leave, so there's 3 people and it's 2 vs 1... Finally the 1 leaves so it's 2 - 0 and the game can't launch.

It's just a complete piece of shit match making. I don't know who designed this horrible system and who continually refuses to improve it.

Tigress

I wish you didn't have to host heists yourself to unlock the next ones.

If you stay loyal to one crew and do the all, even with some one else hosting them, they will all unlock at the end. It's another reason to go for the loyalty bonus (Though kind of a pain when other people want to try heists with you and you have to refuse because you already locked yourself in with one group <- though it is the group I'd prefer being stuck with if I'm going to be stuck with one ;). Though, apparently you can use your alt character and it won't break the loyalty bonus. Problem is my alt character is pretty low level as I only ever used her for glitches).

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
If you stay loyal to one crew and do the all, even with some one else hosting them, they will all unlock at the end. It's another reason to go for the loyalty bonus (Though kind of a pain when other people want to try heists with you and you have to refuse because you already locked yourself in with one group <- though it is the group I'd prefer being stuck with if I'm going to be stuck with one ;). Though, apparently you can use your alt character and it won't break the loyalty bonus. Problem is my alt character is pretty low level as I only ever used her for glitches).

Ah, cool. Is it every single heist or just all parts of a single heist and then the next one unlocks?

Tigress

Ah, cool. Is it every single heist or just all parts of a single heist and then the next one unlocks?

Every single heist I believe. I think you gotta get the loyalty perk? or I could be wrong and you just need to complete every heist in order. But I think from what I read you pretty much have to do it in the same crew.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Every single heist I believe. I think you gotta get the loyalty perk? or I could be wrong and you just need to complete every heist in order. But I think from what I read you pretty much have to do it in the same crew.

Alright, thanks!

Game is certainly beautiful (Xbox Screenshots):

dFFOdc7.png

HKSJP5C.png

ppNRrqN.png

W5F008Q.png

(Pissed that "whoever left" popped up right when I took this)

Also, the attention to detail in the game is just awesome. Im randomly climbing around buildings in LS and I stumble into this private pool area, with a swimming rules sign... and I just think about like how somebody modeled and textured that, in this random, difficult to access area that would blend in with any other apartment complex. Rockstar really does great work with their open world.

I5WevAZ.png

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I finally hosted the final prison break heist. I ended up landing the plane on some train tracks instead of a runway. It actually turned out better, the cops didn't really mess with us there.

aember

We need 1 person to do the Prison Break, might not be able to do the whole thing, just the setups, as one person has to go soon. PS4, anyone interested msg me on PSN: aember_
edit: got one, thanks.

Doing the Humane Labs heist on PS3, need a couple people, I see only one other Gaffer on but don't know if he's interested. If you wanna join, we're just starting the chain soon, send JasonFrost a message.

EDIT: He was, still one down but we started.

Top Bottom