• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Does the Role effect he payout? When we tried the second time I didn't think I should be the prisoner but it seems that's the default role for the leader who is getting the bigger cut.

I don't believe so. You can switch around roles and payouts as you please. The default payout is something it sets to offset the money that crew members received for the setup missions, because the leader receives none (and provided the setup cost).

Jb

I don't believe so. You can switch around roles and payouts as you please. The default payout is something it sets to offset the money that crew members received for the setup missions, because the leader receives none (and provided the setup cost).

I sort of feel bad when the leader is a rando and he sets everyone's share to 25%. We're supposed to be hardened criminal, gosh darn it!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Big thanks to those that did the prison heist with me last nigh. It was a 3 crew members with myself and we kept getting a random person for the fourth. Everytime, that person would leave after the set up and we had to get a new one. When we finally got to the heist the random and I were in the prison and he just kept getting killed. The last few times he kept blowing himself up with grenades. We even got to the plane, took off, landed again to pick him up and then got run down my cop cars...seriously frustrating. We eventually gave up.

I restarted the heists again with some different members and we got it done!
I payed out an extra 25k to all the crew to even it out.

These heists mission are really damned hard if it's your first time and you don't know what to do.

Seriously, fighting out of the prison as the prisoner with only a ap pistol is harder that any mission in the game I've done.

Thanks again. I'll be on again tonight for the next mission. I'll help out on some other heists as well

I have to say these mission are amazing. Having the crew pull off three moves at once we incredible.

Did you guys do it on Hard with no aim lock? Cause we (Me, Felix, Baron and Tigress) did.

Furthest we got before we called it, was getting the prisoner to the airport to try and get him on the plane. I ended up getting killed trying to kill off cops that were too close to the plane, ending the mission.

Maybe it would have been better if I wasn't the prison guard, as I'm not as proficient at free aim gunning (after not playing the game in awhile), but what I would do, is drop off some guns and ammo to Felix (Prisoner), which would let both players in the prison have enough gear to get through. The problem then turned to losing most of our snacks and armor, as we used a lot of it in our 3 long attempts at that mission.

The missions were we were split off, doing other things, all while knowing any single death ends the mission, made it extremely tense. Also made the communication that goes on slightly confusing, but in an interesting way. Hearing other people's strategy talk while trying to talk strategy on your mission, makes it important to know what each other's voices sound like.

Man, wish I had gotten chat audio of the 1st attempt at the prison finale. When things went down (in the prison), didn't seem at all scripted (even though it was) and had me confused at what went wrong, scrambling to find cover and not die. Probably was nothing but "oooh shit whaaat the oh fuuuuuu ruuuuun" for 5 minutes.

Did you guys do it on Hard with no aim lock? Cause we (Me, Felix, Baron and Tigress) did.

Furthest we got before we called it, was getting the prisoner to the airport to try and get him on the plane. I ended up getting killed trying to kill off cops that were too close to the plane, ending the mission.

Maybe it would have been better if I wasn't the prison guard, as I'm not as proficient at free aim gunning (after not playing the game in awhile), but what I would do, is drop off some guns and ammo to Felix (Prisoner), which would let both players in the prison have enough gear to get through. The problem then turned to losing most of our snacks and armor, as we used a lot of it in our 3 long attempts at that mission.

The missions were we were split off, doing other things, all while knowing any single death ends the mission, made it extremely tense. Also made the communication that goes on slightly confusing, but in an interesting way. Hearing other people's strategy talk while trying to talk strategy on your mission, makes it important to know what each other's voices sound like.

Man, wish I had gotten chat audio of the 1st attempt at the prison finale. When things went down (in the prison), didn't seem at all scripted (even though it was) and had me confused at what went wrong, scrambling to find cover and not die. Probably was nothing but "oooh shit whaaat the oh fuuuuuu ruuuuun" for 5 minutes.

We did hard but I refuse to do these missions in Free-aim. We use partial aim. There are too many cops in the prison for me to consider it. We would either die or it would take too long. We barely managed with partial aim

Seep

Well fuck the patch fixed the gang car selling price back to normal, I've been getting 35-45k the last few days. :(

Oh, I wanted to post a breakdown of money and how it works. The default settings will give the leader more money overall, which I think is a good thing but you can change it.

Prison Break

I payed 40k to start the heist and I don't get money from the set up missions, which payed about 15k a piece, and there are 4 set up missions for this heist.

So after 4 set up missions:
Leader -40,000
Crew +60,000

The default cut for the heist itself was 55% for the leader and 15% for each crew member. I upped the crew cut to 20% and took 40% myself

Heist payout was 500k so after the heist itself:

Leader -40,000 + 200,000 = 160k total take away
Crew +60,000 + 100,000 = 160k total take away

So in the end it was all the same with the increased crew cut.

If I had left it at default:

Leader -40,000 + 275,000 = 235,000
Crew +60,000 + 75,000 = 135,000

*This is only true is the crew is the same for all missions. If you change people obviously the total cut won't look like this.

It's up to the leader to decide but I think it's ok for the leader to make more. The way I did it, the cut would have been the same but we switched some members.

I like how it's set up.

Lrrr

Oh, I wanted to post a breakdown of money and how it works. The default settings will give the leader more money overall, which I think is a good thing but you can change it.

Prison Break

I payed 40k to start the heist and I don't get money from the set up missions, which payed about 15k a piece, and there are 4 set up missions for this heist.

So after 4 set up missions:
Leader -40,000
Crew +60,000

The default cut for the heist itself was 55% for the leader and 15% for each crew member. I upped the crew cut to 20% and took 40% myself

Heist payout was 500k so after the heist itself:

Leader -40,000 + 200,000 = 160k total take away
Crew +60,000 + 100,000 = 160k total take away

So in the end it was all the same with the increased crew cut.

If I had left it at default:

Leader -40,000 + 275,000 = 235,000
Crew +60,000 + 75,000 = 135,000

*This is only true is the crew is the same for all missions. If you change people obviously the total cut won't look like this.

It's up to the leader to decide but I think it's ok for the leader to make more. The way I did it, the cut would have been the same but we switched some members.

I like how it's set up.

Nice breakdown. Thanks for posting this. I haven't done any heists yet (I joined one but it seemed glitched) so this is very helpful information.

Pennybags

hQpvPneh.jpg
To be fair, I got diced up by the planes propeller. Although that was because the exploded police car ran into me.

I've been in a normal-difficulty prison break where after I landed the plane somebody walked into the prop AND THEN another parachuted into the chopper's rotors!

Completely smooth execution except for the fact BOTH deaths were related to spinning metal blades.

brothershanko

Neo Member
We're just messing, mate. Last night I was just really tired and stressed after attempting the prison break out a million times. We don't mean anything by it.
I know, I know. No hard feelings man :)
I found the trick to this is to chase the fighter jet. He can't shoot at you if he's in front of you ;). Also, the closer he is to you the slower he goes (in fact if you are behind you'll have to try to not pass him). Makes it easier for the demolitions guy to pick him off.
Yeah, I noticed! :) I also noticed (spoilers for Prison Break, last mission)
the stupid ass AI couldn't decide if I were in front of or behind the jet and would behave accordingly. In other words; you turn left, the jet turns left and if you turn right the jet turns right (because it thinks it is chasing you even when you're the one chasing). The way we did it was that I just herded the jet around like a flock of sheep untill the prisoner was extracted, then the buzzard took care of it. Made me rofl pretty hard.

Now, if I log back in and my characters face is still screwed up then I'm quitting playing GTAO for the second time.

Rushing patches to fix "exploits" and not addressing glitches is pretty fucking obnoxious.
This patch was probably not for the "exploit" which was probably an intentional thing anyway.

EDIT:,In fact, just found the new way to do it:

Take a rusty rebel to LSC
Go to wheels / Offroad / Stock rims / Purchase Amazon rims
Back out, go to SUV / Chrome Rims / Look for Fagorme rims, (They should show purchased so just equip them)
Back out and sell the truck for just over 40 k

Cars deforming again on PS4. Performance seems improved with all the cars like before, but now they can be dented and messed up beyond just glass and scratches. Patch seemed same size as before though...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Ugh, 2nd setup for the prison break and my other members wouldn't lose the cops and eventually left. Morons.

edit: And now some dickhead just left right after we started.

waypoetic

Banned
PS4 players, any of you got a greyed out planning board? I can't do shit. I guess Rockstar are gonna tell me that i need to delete my character or something

PS4 players, any of you got a greyed out planning board? I can't do shit. I guess Rockstar are gonna tell me that i need to delete my character or something

Were you in the middle of a heist? You might want to call Lester and see if the 'cancel Heists' options can be used.

I'm down to help out with heists or whatever. I'm just wasting money on ammo in between selling rebels and occasionally (intentionally) stealing a Simeon car to fight with cops.

On PS4 - xenorevlis

Yup, thanks for the tip. Canceled it. No refunds. Great..
Sell a couple rebels and you'll be good. Oh and sorry I couldn't join you. Was in a group of 4 already, though one was drunk and the other was just dieing over and over. Should have joined you.

By the way, Ray and I want to race with you. He is a fan of clean racing like us. Too many random who just play dirty.

New patch gave JasonFrost and I some issues, one or both of us had to remove the patches and redownload/install to get shit working.

Also on GTAO right now on PS3 doing heists and match making is of course poop. Been waiting forever for people to join the set up for stealing the bus. If you want to do them send him a message on PSN.

Still looking? My PSN is Daraman.

Ah, that's the name. Sorry our heist attempt went tits-up. That random guy with us just would not lay off the explosives and stick to cover.

I really want to lead my next heist but I'm going to try and help some people finish theirs first. I'll be home in ~ 2 hours and I'll be on for hire.

Cømet

Banned
Hey folks, looking for two to help finish the prison break heist. Last setup mission then the finale, hard difficulty.

Would be nice to get this done and dusted in short order!

PSN: ScrewAttack_

Cømet;155854150 said:
Hey folks, looking for two to help finish the prison break heist. Last setup mission then the finale, hard difficulty.

Would be nice to get this done and dusted in short order!

PSN: ScrewAttack_

PS3 or PS4?

Jason and I are still looking for a couple people on PS3 to stop the annoying randoms.

Akai__

Is it really hard to read/listen to the objectives? I mean, a 12 year old should be able to do that right, because he clearly wasn't older than that.

Humane Labs Spoiler: LMAO at sending me a voice message about how I'm doing it wrong
and how I need to jump out of the helicopter, before he got to the drop zone. HE didn't manage to get to the drop zone trice in a row. Just hovered above the Humane Lab and waiting, until we get detected...

Why even play the game at that age? It's obviously too complex for him anyway.

Top Bottom