• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: SA review topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Didn't know if I should post this in the GTA topic. Sorry!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/review.html

"Usually, when a game tries to do a million different things, it's an overambitious hodge-podge that can't manage to get its different parts down cold. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has you doing many, many more things than any previous GTA game, and while some of them do work a little better than others, the strength of all these different gameplay elements--too many to count--makes for a powerful package that does not disappoint, despite the extremely high standards that Grand Theft Auto established and that San Andreas needed to live up to. With its strong story, well-written dialogue, terrific voice cast, impressive graphics, great in-game sound, and extremely entertaining and varied gameplay, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a stupendous thrill ride that shouldn't be missed."

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Fuck... I'm not going to be able to not buy it, am I? Fucking Taiko and GTA :(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Actually, gamespot tends to rate sequals lower IMO
so for three games in a series to get a 9.6 thats incredible

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Suikoguy said:

Or just convenient.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Like the previous games in the series, San Andreas features a fairly linear story that takes you through the game's areas. You'll start off restricted to Los Santos--something the story justifies by claiming that an earthquake has taken out the bridges and roads that link Los Santos to the surrounding area--but it doesn't take long to unlock the other two areas.

What happened to that stuff about being able to go anywhere without areas being blocked off?

king zell

Suikoguy said:

IAWTP

the developers are really doing a nice job

can't wait to get this ^^

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
ManaByte said:
What happened to that stuff about being able to go anywhere without areas being blocked off?

In theory, it is possible to go anywhere by other means, at least when talking bridges. ;)

Mrbob

Marconelly said:
They already broke it (and by a huge margin) for MGS / MGS2.

Judges ruling? Sorry, but the judges say you cannot compare a PSone to PS2 sequel. But they'll allow MGS2 to MGS3 or R&C2 to R&C3 or any game with a sequel on the same console! Oh and they say the game has to be rated highly in the first place so the sequel has high expectations.

ManaByte

Gold Member
If your PS2 is new and fresh, you probably won't see it too often. But if your system has seen better days, it might have trouble keeping up with you when it comes to streaming in the new textures and landscapes.

OMG! I need to buy a new PS2 just to play San Andreas. WTF?

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Chipopo

Banned
I've spent almost every waking moment of last week doing nothing else but playing this massive beast and have put well over 60+ hours into it. And yet despite that fact, I'm only barely hovering over the 50% finished mark (which is all you really need to complete the story), and I still have a ways to go.

:-O

sonycowboy said:
Enjoy it in the May - July timeframe since you can't wait :D

I can wait. I just thought it was a stupid quote by IGN. The list of games I wanna play will take me through then easily.

Solid

Wow1.gif

Midas

What will happen to this board if a certain game for a certain platform will score lower than this game? :)

Property of Microsoft said:
So whens it coming to Xbox to get that score bumped up to 10.

Slightly higher textures and custom soundtracks won't do it. Read the review. But if it makes you feel better to hold out the hope for it to come in 6-9 months, have at it.

It is a great game :D

sonycowboy said:
Slightly higher textures and custom soundtracks won't do it. Read the review. But if it makes you feel better to hold out the hope for it to come in 6-9 months, have at it.

It is a great game :D

Actually, the places in got slagged on were the pop-up, collision detection, and textures; they could fix that on the Box.

BTW: I dont have the patience to wade through 6 pages of IGN review crap. I just read the blurbs at the end. Thats for every platform so dont get your panties in a bunch.

Oh and Ill be playing Halo 2 for at least that long so......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom