• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA, The Getaway AND ?????

ourumov

Well, we have GTA which takes place in some kind of american environment and which does an awesome job. We also have The Getaway which reminds me about a good european action film taking place in London...
But there is nothing taking place in Asia !
Don't take this post as a result of japanophilism because I am refering to Asia and not only Japan. I think it would be great to experience the GTA formula in some kind of asiatic environment. For instance, let's think in Hong Kong and the number of plots you could develop there. There are tons of gangster films taking place there !!!! You want to do something in Japan ? no problem, there are tons of Yakuza films as well to take inspiration from.
I think it would be great to see the Rockstar guys develop something taking place in Hong Kong. It's a city I always wanted to visit and that I think that offers the right ingredients for an awesome gangsta' plot.

ourumov

Yes, that's exactly what I had on mind. That kind of picture. Shenmue, the init sequence from Enter the Dragon (remember Jim Kelly arriving to Hong Kong), that's the Hong Kong I mean ;). The neons, the shops on the streets, the crack dealers on the ships (don't know if is that way there ;) ), the fast missions inside China...jejeje

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Why is your avatar orange toilet paper?

aoi tsuki

RevenantKioku said:
Why is your avatar orange toilet paper?
It's a tire from a car on the cover of the Ridge Racer V OST. i own the disc, but i don't remember it looking like that though.

ourumov

Yes...I also thought it seemed toilet paper...

However this is the artwork of the RRV OST and in theory it is an exhaust tube which has an amplifier/speaker like those in HiFi Systems :)

aoi tsuki

ourumov said:
Yes...I also thought it seemed toilet paper...

However this is the artwork of the RRV OST and in theory it is an exhaust tube which has an amplifier/speaker like those in HiFi Systems :)
epc5005012_front.jpg

Wow, you're right. Never noticed that. Sadly, i don't appreciate album art as much as i used to. i just rip the CD, put it back in the case, and put it up, never to be seen again.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
rs7k said:
The late British magazine CVG published very amusing artists' renditions of what all these "games" would look like if they actually got created in some spring-2004 issue or another. I'm surprised no US mag copied the idea.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I could go for an Asian Grand Theft Auto guy..or GIRL!?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
fennec fox said:
The late British magazine CVG published very amusing artists' renditions of what all these "games" would look like if they actually got created in some spring-2004 issue or another. I'm surprised no US mag copied the idea.

Hmm would you be able to scan this in, I'm actually fairly interested in seeing this...

Brannon

The first person to post "too yellow" is getting slapped in the grill.

I agree. Besides, the 'yellow' comment is already taken by San Andreas... Yellowest. Game. Ever. Still fun as fuck though.

Top Bottom