• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

King_Moc

Banned
Man, the neon lighting pops out really nicely, about as well as Infamous.

I will say, Rockstar used to be subtle in their Hooker Dirty talk, but now they're straight up using the word Pre-cum :lol

The very first game has one mentioning hard-on's and saying that you'll need to wipe the seat when she gets out.

So what's the concensus on the improved traffic and damage? I watched the Gamespot video review and the traffic looked pretty similar, not nearly as dense as that first trailer. I imagine they have to keep it thinned out at times for gameplay reasons. I loved the damage modelling in the last gen version so much, hoping they did improve it somewhat.

Countdown finished but I can't start it because PSN is undergoing maintenance /sigh

Remind me again why we pay for this shitty service?

Ateron

For those who have it already, how's the framerate on ps4?
Picking my copy tomorrow, but would like to know if anyone can comment on that!

AngryMoth

Man, watching the gamespot stream at the moment and the first person mode is making me really want this even though I didn't particularly care for it on ps3

Blablurn

GTAV was the first GTA game I actually finished. The game is prealoading right now. Should be done by tomorrow morning. I can't wait. Didn't touch the multi on the PS3. So there is definitely something new for me.

SZips

I'm going in!

jksb0Jb.jpg

Well, I will as soon as the update is done downloading.

Unnecessary, juvenile thread title aside, I'm seriously looking forward to playing this. First person mode looks like a TON of fun! Should be arriving this afternoon :)

Zach

Do you need a coupon for the Target PS3-to-PS4 deal? I'm confused. Should I just call the store tomorrow?

MisterMac

Why everyone hyping over songs? You can just put your own stuff in Independence FM.

Or is Independence FM PC only? Seems like something they could easily do for PS4/Xbone...

Because if you play with friends, being able to shout out in the middle of a tense chase or race "Throw on LS Rock Rock Radio, Higher Love is on!" and everyone tune in is fun

MisterMac

Do you need a coupon for the Target PS3-to-PS4 deal? I'm confused. Should I just call the store tomorrow?

Apparently it has to be at a target with a target mobile center. I guess it's a machine that handles the trade-in and then prints you a coupon for the $30 off

SZips

Ooof, the initial install (not the one after you put the disc in, but the one after you first start it) is absolutely brutal. I'm talking about 1% every 20-30 seconds.

I remember the Xbox 360 install was also a huge time sink but I can't recall if it was this slow or not.

This seems like it would be important to know for those figuring on playing using the physical disc tonight.

N° 2048

Why everyone hyping over songs? You can just put your own stuff in Independence FM.

Or is Independence FM PC only? Seems like something they could easily do for PS4/Xbone...

Some great music on there...IMO.

Independence FM is PC only as far as I know.

MXRider

Is there anything I have to do before I trade my 360 copy in? Want to make sure I dont have to export my character or anything.

Codiox

Jesus Christ,just saw all the free DLCs we get day 1! Never played Online, it will be glorious!!

I preloaded the US version, I'm in Germany here and the countdown says ~4 hours. Does this mean I can play then?

Blablurn

Jesus Christ,just saw all the free DLCs we get day 1! Never played Online, it will be glorious!!

I preloaded the US version, I'm in Germany here and the countdown says ~4 hours. Does this mean I can play then?

Maybe.

But the maintenance ends one hour later. So we have to wait and see. I'm also a German who bought the US Version.

AND WE GET BOTH

http://i.imgur.com/BlLH8cK.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I just can't believe how many new tracks there are

Enough that I'll probably actually stop bitching about hearing the same songs on the radio

[quote="Lonestar, post: 139246717"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibnC7XAl5KquaB.gif

holy shit

Got it today, woop! But my bro beat me to playing it..grg.
Have a question though, have they changed the map/notification bar locations? They're in the very corners of the screen this time, while before theres been some space around them.

They were adjustable with safe zones. Chances are you didn't adjust it on the old version and you have this time.

Ps4?
I'm also in Germany and preloaded the US version (bought with US account, downloaded with german account) .....on XboxOne...;)

Let's hope :D

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

wtf? Can someone explain what is this DLC thing and why everyone so excited about it. Few extra weapon and and events are a big thing? To me it looks like those stupid special store preorder crap.

16BitNova

Is there anything I have to do before I trade my 360 copy in? Want to make sure I dont have to export my character or anything.

Nope. Your good to go. Its all linked to your Social Club account. (Online characters only, there is no transferring of single player progress)

jay23

How many gbs is the digital Xbox one version?

wtf? Can someone explain what is this DLC thing and why everyone so excited about it. Few extra weapon and and events are a big thing? To me it looks like those stupid special store preorder crap.

Dlc has added a bunch of new weapons I'm excited to try.

FireCloud

Just remote played into my PS4 from my Vita to check on the progress of the preload. Funny the download notification shows that both the game and the update are installed. However, if I go to the game and press "Options" it shows that the preload is about half done. -- Not too bad considering I preordered the game about 3.5 hours ago. (at least for my sorry broadband connection)

Still says I have about 9 and a half hours to go though on the countdown timer.

If it isn't done before midnight, does anyone know if GTA will let you play before the entire game has downloaded?

-griffy-

Banned
Funny the download notification shows that both the game and the update are installed. However, if I go to the game and press "Options" it shows that the preload is about half done.
That's because the initial download needed to be able to play the game for PlayGo is done, which allows you to start playing the game while the rest continues to download/install in the background. Of course for a pre-load it doesn't really matter. I would guess in GTAV's case you'd only be able to play the opening mission before needing the rest downloaded/installed anyways, since it's an open world game and all.

Top Bottom