• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Dave_6

Snapmatic is looking real good this time around
qJeIZ6RMqUyPAewjz75Qag_0_0.jpg

b0iMp1tUSEanB_v3mzDCtA_0_0.jpg

vjYmVzPqbEaZ_7BVsrAIPQ_0_0.jpg

O_O

Xanathus

Is it possible to have someone else unlock the exclusive content for returning players by giving them your Social Club id/pw and playing through Prologue? And if so, has there been anyone offering to do it?

Piggus

I'm going in!

jksb0Jb.jpg

Well, I will as soon as the update is done downloading.

lol, is that a beaver?

The state above California (Oregon) is the "Beaver State."

I really want the Oregon State Beavers football team to play the South Carolina Gamecocks so we can get a real life "Cocks vs. Beavers" matchup a la GTAIII.

"Beavers smell!"

Joeki11a

Banned
I played Watchdogs on PS3 after playing it on PS4, just higher res thats it. PS4 version was actually a ripoff move if you think about it.

GTA V on PS4 blows away the ps3 version,
Ubisoft ninjas watching this thread, pleases explain that.

Joeki11a

Banned
interesting, thanks though it is hard to get anything out of a youtube video

xbox has noticeabley higher contract -- I wonder if the gamma is fucked again

Its that POP
Sony doesnt know anything about POP,
PS3 all over again.

Just wait until tomorrow, many will cry
about "black crush" blah blah
just wait

Derpyduck

Banned
interesting, thanks though it is hard to get anything out of a youtube video

xbox has noticeabley higher contract -- I wonder if the gamma is fucked again

I neglected to link to the text of the article that goes along with that video. So here that is.

In our initial analysis, the PS4 and Xbox One versions come really close to each other. Although in some scenes, the Xbox One leads from the front with better LOD but side by side, there is not much to chose. The game runs at a rock solid 30fps for most of the time with minimum slowdowns during heavy fights and explosion. But perhaps the biggest gain is the improvement in AA solution. This has resulted into a clear and crisper image on both the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

SZips

where did you get the shirt?

From Rockstar along with my review copy.

As for the game, I've spent the past, I don't know how long now, customizing my online imported character. There are a lot of customization options for that now when creating/importing!

Joeki11a

Banned
Shouldn't be a difference this time, because the PS4 (and I guess One too) install the full game on the HDD now, just like if you had a digital version.

Its PC gaming, when they said "console gaming is dead" statement was just that a fact, MS failed by trying to take the concept too far
trying to make a Steam box before Valve.

-griffy-

Banned
Sorry if posted already, but this is the only video I've seen yet that attempts to compare the two versions.

Hard to really tell anything about IQ differences due to the YouTube compression. They seem to look identical though (barring the black crush on the XBO footage), but there were some lens flares in the PS4 version at the beginning that were missing on the XBO version for some reason. Seems more like a bug if anything:
1bFNn2O.png

RsBp0lF.png

Also seemed like slightly, almost imperceptibly, less shimmering on distant out of focus architecture in the PS4 version when Michael was walking on the boardwalk, maybe a slightly better AA solution or slightly higher sampling for the DOF effect on PS4? But too hard to really determine with this video.

Joeki11a

Banned
its the same issue as unity, go see the conan review as he plays it
notice the off screen! Footage...
ps4 version doesnt look like that all sharp popping, not all.
look faded fuzzy, only Xbox games have POP
Cerny or who ever decided PS4 output is dull faded, same exact as PS3.

When I see a super hd texture on Xbox, floors or rocks in the rain, you will see the sharpness shine!, on Ps4 it looks all that BUT under a faded filter...like you see here.

Its all preference, some whine about blackcrush blah blah so they want the faded look, others dont mind that and like the sharper look.

its the same issue as unity, go see the conan review as he plays it
notice the off screen! Footage...

Your ps4 version doesnt look like that all sharp popping
yours look faded fuzzy, only Xbox games have POP
Cerny or who ever decided PS4 output is dull faded, same exact as PS3.

When I see a super hd texture on PS4, floors or rocks in the rain, on xbox you will see the sharpness shine!, on Ps4 it looks all that BUT under a faded filter...like you see here.

What are you talking about? My PS4 games never look like they do in these videos (washed out) when I play them on my PS4. Set your RGB/gamma settings correctly and you shouldn't be getting a washed-out image.

Top Bottom