• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Cubed

I personally found Lamar too obnoxious and brazen. When you already have Trevor for those qualities Lamar as anything more than a supporting cast member would have been too much.

Franklin has a "cool, level-headed killer" vibe. I enjoy that balance with Trevor's psychotic behavior and Michael straddling the two extremes.

My game is not saving my car/plane purchases, is this happening to anyone else? The money I am using to buy the items is from the stock market glitch.

So what perspective(s) is everyone playing the game in primarily? I find myself using FPS on foot, and switching between third and first in cars often.

So what perspective(s) is everyone playing the game in primarily? I find myself using FPS on foot, and switching between third and first in cars often.

I'm about the same. For heavy firefights, I usually switch to third-person though. I tried the firing range challenges in first and third-person and I always do better in third person.

Somehow I had never heard Lady Gaga's Applause before I played this game.

God damn that song is catchy.
I always find that with Non Stop Pop... I'm more 'acclimatized' to the songs from GTA now than actual radio or Sirius and they're pretty catchy

Every time that Rihanna Only Girl in the World comes out, it gives me goosebumps a little and I drive like a maniac haha
I love the mission with Trevor, Franklin, and Lamar. Trevor is just so into being a crazy fuck.
Haha yeah maybe the best shootout in the game. Blitz Play is pretty awesome too.

so is everyone else having issues with cars staying in your garage after you've purchased them? This is for single player. I've bought several cars and put tens of thousands of dollars into them, only to have them disappear after parking them in my garage.

anyone else having this issue?

I was going to ask the very same question regarding which view people are sticking with it.
I've gone with first person on foot while third person when driving.

Is there a better method to shoot from your vehicle? I'm finding it hard driving and shooting on the default scheme, in fact I'm finding it near impossible to do.

L1 brings up the aim reticule, R1 shoots, but you have to use R2 to drive. It's too hard.

Rembrandt

Banned
I was going to ask the very same question regarding which view people are sticking with it.
I've gone with first person on foot while third person when driving.

Is there a better method to shoot from your vehicle? I'm finding it hard driving and shooting on the default scheme, in fact I'm finding it near impossible to do.

L1 brings up the aim reticule, R1 shoots, but you have to use R2 to drive. It's too hard.

The original one button to shoot and aim setting is easier, but I know in the last gen it ended up with me wasting tons of bullets.

Took my first blimp ride today and it took my breath away. Jumping out went very much like I imagined it would. What a rush. It really put things into perspective how ambitious the size of the game world is.

Also 1st person really makes plowing into groups of pedestrians all the more brutal. As much as I enjoy driving safely in this game and not killing, I also love letting lose and being a total monster sometimes.

Favorite station so far is the Pop one on the top right. Music just makes me happy.

Man... I'm having a blast with this game! I didn't play it last gen because of the framerate. Now, it's totally amazing! Although I must say that the trees not moving because of the wind or anything is quite meh. I didn't like watch_dogs (I forced myself to finish it) but the trees moved by the wind were quite nice.

torontoml

Yes! Do the Lester assasination missions where you can manipulate the stock market. Regardless of it being "nerfed" or not, it's still one of the better ways of increasing your bank roll.

You could always play the stock market for real, using the Bawsaq, but that is a time sink. I took the time one night, made a lucky investment of 20-30 mil a char, and got a 370% ROI overnight. I had been trying to work the LCN market for at least a month prior to this, so I was flipping out when I saw the hundreds of millions pour into my account when I sold everything.
Does the bawsaq get any crazy fluctuations like it did last year? I remember investing in a specific stock last year. I can remember it dropped down to single digits then increased over 1000%, maxed out my cash cap with one investment.

nampad

Everyone is in love with Jamal but I don't like him so far. The performance might be good but he is suvh a dickhead in the first missions.

3rd person because the game was initially designed for it and I want my first playthrough to be as intended. Zoomed out the most because of the bigger FOV.

On-foot - first
Cover - third
Bikes - first
Cars/trucks/vans - third (FoV is too low in first)
Jets/helicopters - switch between first and third, but mainly third.

Durden77

Well... I can see why Franklin is the playable character and kind of the "everyman" in a sense, but he still doesn't do a great job at it. There are times that no matter how level-headed he is, I just can't relate to him. A particular line that he says when doing the
stunt missions sums it up nicely. "Man, I really need to learn how to say no."
Yes Franklin, you really, really need to.

But god damn is Lamar good. He has some of the best lines I've heard out of vija games in years. Thinking of him being the protagonist instead just makes for a lot of interesting and hysterical ideas.

But I get why it's Franklin though, and he really does shine strong in some scenes.
Like the scene where Trevor falls over his aunt's fence.
Just not as strong as he should.

Everyone is in love with Jamal but I don't like him so far. The performance might be good but he is suvh a dickhead in the first missions.

3rd person because the game was initially designed for it and I want my first playthrough to be as intended. Zoomed out the most because of the bigger FOV.
...Jamal?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member

3rd on foot. switch between 1st/3rd in car/bike/plane.

i love driving/flying in 1st person but i just can't get used to shooting in 1st. feels so awkward. i've tried playing about with the settings but they are confusing.

Man... I'm having a blast with this game! I didn't play it last gen because of the framerate.

Strangely although I completed all the missions on last-gen what stopped me spending time online or 100% things was not the frame-rate, but the load times.

If I remember even going to the map involved load-times. Switching characters? long load times. Online? a minefield of load times. Starting the game? wow you better have 5 minutes to throw away.

The load times in this, offline at least, are great (after the still long boot up) and that is what does it for me.

The sniping in this game is sooo difficult because of the input delay. It's hard to make fine-aim adjustments. That goes for any weapon I guess, but mainly the sniper.

Voidance

I personally found Lamar too obnoxious and brazen. When you already have Trevor for those qualities Lamar as anything more than a supporting cast member would have been too much.

Franklin has a "cool, level-headed killer" vibe. I enjoy that balance with Trevor's psychotic behavior and Michael straddling the two extremes.
I agree. I wouldn't bail his ass out of his more harebrained moments if I had the choice. He never learns.

JoduanER2

After playing this for a few hours and 80% the PS3 version im impressed by the amount of work they poured into the graphic side, the added vegetation really adds to the inmersion and the lighting and depth of field is much improved since the last gen versions

jts

...hate me...
I blocked the update so I could get all my 3 chars $2B, so I'm cool, but can't you just delete the update through data management and do the glitch if you need to?

Siegmeyer

Anyone else finding it much harder to steal the jet now?

On PS3, just going straight for the hangar meant you usually got out OK unless a tank was nearby. Now it seems everytime I get in the air, I'm taking a missile in the rear as I escape. It doesn't usually OHK me, but it messes the engine up enough for it to conk out before I can get it back to my hangar, or it disables the rudders meaning I can't taxi into the hangar even if I make it back.

I have failed about 20 times now, and only made it back to the runway by my hangar about 5 times.

Raptomex

On PS3, just going straight for the hangar meant you usually got out OK unless a tank was nearby. Now it seems everytime I get in the air, I'm taking a missile in the rear as I escape. It doesn't usually OHK me, but it messes the engine up enough for it to conk out before I can get it back to my hangar, or it disables the rudders meaning I can't taxi into the hangar even if I make it back.

I have failed about 20 times now, and only made it back to the runway by my hangar about 5 times.
I came here to post about this. I can't fucking escape. Wtf? Fuck them. I never had this issue on 360.

whiteape

Did it three times a few days ago. Not harder at all for me.

Bluecondor

I blocked the update so I could get all my 3 chars $2B, so I'm cool, but can't you just delete the update through data management and do the glitch if you need to?

Great idea! I haven't started playing yet and haven't even loaded the game onto my PS4 yet. Will I be able to load the original game without the updates?

Durden77

The conversation between Trevor and Lamar when driving the truck is still a highlight for me

image.php

But yeah, me too. Anytime there's a long car ride with Lamar I know I'm gonna be rollin on the ground by the time it's done.

Do sharks interfere with any story missions? I want to know so I can skip those missions with the self destruct mission skip cheat.

I went to get the cargobob for the stealth mission and am scared a shark will ram the vehicle. Is it too late to restart the mission planning phase?

I don't think they interfere with story missions but there are some fetch quests wherein the sharks can be a problem.

The only problem with Lamar is how dull he makes Franklin look by comparison. Franklin's an okay guy, and it's an okay voice acting performance, but Lamar just chews the screen up in every scene he's in so far. When 99% of video game characters are bland as hell, this is a very good problem to have.

Someone earlier described the problem with Franklin. He is constantly recognizing that the activity he is about to participate in is incredibly stupid but he just makes a snarky comment and then goes along with it anyway.

I did something great with Trevor the other day. I was driving his usual jacked-up open truck and saw a gang of bikers on the freeway.

So I drove up and got in the middle of the 4 and plowed into the front two bikers knocking them off and running them over. Then one of the rear guys followed me and was shooting at me. I slammed on the brakes and the guy went flying over his handlebars and into the back of Trevor's truck. He moaned a bit and then died. I then had a biker gang body rag-dolling around in the back of Trevor's truck as I drove around. Pure Trevor.

Unfortunately, no. Have you already completed Lester's assassination missions? Those and BAWSAQ trading will be your best bet for making money without the glitch. When you're done playing for the night, invest all your money in 3 or 4 different companies on seperate save files. Also keep a save with nothing invested, in case they all go down. The next day, load the save with the highest gains and sell. Rinse, repeat. PIS is usually a good one.

No, I haven't done any assassinations missions yet (besides the initial LifeInvader). I guess I can have Trevor invest properly and then take Franklin on the mission. I need Trevor to get money because only he has a hangar (at least so far and the game will only let Trevor buy a hanger I know for sale.)

How the hell are people able to make a game like this?.. Amazing.
I'm playing the game at my own slow pace, sometimes just messing around and sightseeing.

Trevor is fun to play. it makes me play the game a bit different. For one, i kill every biker i see. Even if it's just a guy on a motorbike.

Just started playing last night ps4 version and everything in the distance looks foggy and all the colors look washed out. Game looks amazing at night though.

Scoot2005

Banned
The fuck are the helicopters in this game!!! The hospital ones almost never show and going into LS Airport or the military base is stupid. Whee the hell are these these things outside of training for them?

Just started playing last night ps4 version and everything in the distance looks foggy and all the colors look washed out. Game looks amazing at night though.

Game brightness is incorrect on default, tune it down! I also increased color settings and back-light on my TV a little bit for dat pop. (I like the slightly over-saturated look for this game)

Top Bottom