• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wait...the PSN download is only 2.55GB despite the screen saying 44GB downloaded?

This is ridiculous.

That's probably a client to download the rest. Relax, everything will be OK.

EDIT: just read your post about your download "resetting".
That 2gb is what is left. It is showing the percentage of what is left, not the entire game..

You must be new to PSN.

Durden77

My friend used the skyfall cheat and died, but we never reloaded. I went on to buy a lot of property and shit on the same file. Is my file fucked from getting trophies?

mxgt

Banned
Getting the Kifflom trophy was so not worth it.

I originally
stole the money the first time but I didn't get the trophy. I felt like crying. Replayed last mission correctly after saving and did get the trophy. Rockstar pls

I got the PS4 bundle today. I'm blown away by the first person mode. The sound is really fucking incredible.

Yeah, this game has some great sounds design. I was playing the story last night and I stood still outside Franklin's house, I could hear so many sounds - wind, helicopters in the distance, muffled radio inside people's cars, people talking on their phones, people talking with each other, ambulance, a dog barking- it's gotta be the most 'alive' sounding videogame I've ever played. Group that with the equally great visual attention to detail, and first-person mode, and the immersion is strong with this one!

And talking of pedestrian dialogue, at one point I overheard Franklin's neighbours say: "Do you know what a BBW is? It's a big beautiful woman...that's me". And another woman talking on her phone said something along the lines of: "I know you been cheating, Imma come home and smell your dick!". Lmao.

Okay. I picked up the GTA 5 PS4 bundle today. Still debating if I want to keep it or not but in case I do anyone have a good idea of how much time one really could squeeze out of the game?

Reason I ask is that I still plan on keeping my Wii U as my primary system. I'm that big of a Nintendo fan. Especially having picked up Smash Bros and still playing through Bayonetta 1/2. Almost done with 1 and about to tackle 2 in earnest. I also want to get better at Smash Bros and the online being good is a chance for me to get more out of the game. GTA V and TLoU will be the only PS4 purchases for sometime. I've wanted to play both for a long time now and I used to love GTA when it came to GTA3 and Vice City. Was busy with college when San Andreas came out so didn't get to play it and did not like how GTA 4 handled or was setup.

Could I possibly get months worth of time out of GTA V story wise and generally just messing around in the city?
Does the game have different things to collect and find?
Random missions that might appear even after the story is done?
Etc?

Thanks.
I can't imagine a game with more value. It's truely a masterpiece.

Portugeezer

Ending spoilers. You have been warned. I'm not really sure what to make of the ending.

................ I killed T because I thought the deathwish option might kill more than one, then I find out you can get away with everyone alive... but what bugs me is the side missions, I had a lot left for Trevor, so if I replay the mission via the in game menu option (I have no manual saves, only auto saves) will I get the different endings and everyone alive or does it just replay the mission with no consequences?

Ending spoilers. You have been warned. I'm not really sure what to make of the ending.

................ I killed Trevor because I thought the deathwish option might kill more than one, then I find out you can get away with everyone alive... but what bugs me is the side missions, I had a lot left for Trevor, so if I replay the mission via the in game menu option (I have no manual saves, only auto saves) will I get the different endings and everyone alive or does it just replay the mission with no consequences?

No consequences. Same as with all the other missions that you can replay.

Durden77

Nope, at least I know I couldn't. Were just for a limited time. Kinda weird not to just add them as a full addition, but Rockstar and all.

Damn, that sucks. Heard some of those DLC weapons are really fun.

Shit, I think I might have screwed myself out of the red mist trophy. My friend used the skyfall cheat, and in the same session I did what I think was the last rampage (
Army
). A message popped up saying cheats had been used so I couldn't get the trophy. Tried replaying it after reloadin the game and still nothing.

Am I fucked out of that trophy? Really gonna suck if I am...

Did you guys know that if you drive a motorcycle into Ammo-Nation, the owner closes the store and you can attack him? I just figured that out (accidentally, of course). Amazing...

Seems weird that people would spend real money on in-game money for a full MSRP retail release.

Normally I'm against purchasing in game current but GTA online is always a hefty grind. I grinded a lot last year on my PS4 to be able to get to level 80 and have some decent cars (that are now bugged and won't sell) and I personally don't have the time to grind away again.

My logic is, I'm willing to pay an amount if it cuts down on how long this game feels like a chore to me. If I can make $28/hour by working, I have no problem paying $25 to get 3.5 million if that just saved me days of grinding missions. Now the time can be used for playing GTA or other games and it is no longer mentally taxing to think about doing the same old missions over and over.

My GF is on her way back for the store with a copy of this for me. 2nd time around for me as I had it on 360 but really looking forward to getting back into it as I had a blast before and haven't played it in a long time.

Can I transfer my online charcter from 360 to PS4? Or was it a console family (PS3 TO PS4, 360 to XBone) thing?

My GF is on her way back for the store with a copy of this for me. 2nd time around for me as I had it on 360 but really looking forward to getting back into it as I had a blast before and haven't played it in a long time.

Can I transfer my online charcter from 360 to PS4? Or was it a console family (PS3 TO PS4, 360 to XBone) thing?

Yes you can!

How exactly is the car saving handled? I stole and tuned cars for Michael and Franklin and parked them in their garages. If I take them out and don't park them back in the garage, will they disappear? Or will they appear at my place again like the other default cars until I park a new car in the garage?

I mean, sometimes you can't really do anything because the mission structure makes you get into another car.

If you take the car out and don't park it back in the garage, it should end up at the impound if you are forced to use a different car for a mission, or if you get busted or wasted.

I've just been duplicating the cars in the garage so I don't have to worry about retrieving them from the impound.

Mod a car up however you like, then park it in the character's safehouse garage, walk away until the garage closes (or in trevor's case, walk out to the street) then save on foot from your phone. Immediately after saving, load up the save and you should have one copy of the car in your garage and one outside the garage. Now you don't have to worry about retrieving them from the impound or blowing them up.

This trick still works in 1.04.

ILIU02N.jpg

cGHsCdt.jpg

IWmTxKx.jpg

Raven77

I wanted to see what some of the people think that didn't play this on previous gen. Don't get me wrong when I say this because GTA V is probably in my top 5 games of all time.

That being said, the dialogue in this game is completely ruined for me by the use of the F word 5-25 times per conversation. I use that word when talking to friends, etc. too, I have some friends that use it constantly and even they don't use it anywhere near as much as in this game. It's distracting, juvenile, unnecessary, and for me, takes a bit away from the experience. It's as if the writer thought "oh these are 'bad guys' so they must drop F bombs every 3 words". These words can have impact, but they lose everything when used so generously.

Anyone else find it distracting / annoying?

TCRS

Banned
This game is stunning. the world is just so beautiful and varied. I'm loving every aspect of it.

I keep saying this because recent games have disappointed me so much as did the last GTA. but this is fantastic, it gives me that old feeling of enjoying a game.

dedhead54

My PS4 was being repaired when this released and I JUST got it back 20 minutes ago. Been staring at my copy of the game since release day. 88% installed, have to leave for work in about an hour. :( Cannot wait to at least see the world and play the first mission in its glorious remastered state!

Put over 100 hours in on 360 and is probably my favorite game of all time.

theRizzle

Does this game seriously want me to gold medal every shooting range challenge with franklin before i can go on to the first heist?!

God fucking damn it is this annoying. Such poor design

Michael suggests you work on your shooting, but in no way does it ever say you need to Gold anything at the range.

neshcom

Banned
Well then i have a bug because i cannot proceed whatsoever.

Michael picked strategy and team, called franklin and told him to get his shooting skills up. Been wasting time at range getting to 80+ and nothing
Did you do the other prep missions for Michael?
The bug van and gas or the rifles?

Rembrandt

Banned
I wanted to see what some of the people think that didn't play this on previous gen. Don't get me wrong when I say this because GTA V is probably in my top 5 games of all time.

That being said, the dialogue in this game is completely ruined for me by the use of the F word 5-25 times per conversation. I use that word when talking to friends, etc. too, I have some friends that use it constantly and even they don't use it anywhere near as much as in this game. It's distracting, juvenile, unnecessary, and for me, takes a bit away from the experience. It's as if the writer thought "oh these are 'bad guys' so they must drop F bombs every 3 words". These words can have impact, but they lose everything when used so generously.

Considering how much I love Tarantino, no.

I always see people talk about shit writing in games. This game does not have shit writing or dialogue. Resident evil has those things, not GTA.

There are many levels of quality between shit and great. GTA's dialogue might not be shit but it's far from great.

I should add that I'm enjoying the story, warts and all.

You'd think middle-aged murdering sociopath criminals would show a little more fuckin couth

nightmare-slain

Gold Member

F word? Try counting how many times Nigga is used especially during Lamar Down.

So is the CECHYA-0080 profile under the Audio settings the Gold Wireless headset or not?
Despite model numbers not matching up perfectly, I use the CECHYA-0086 headset (it's the Sony Pulse Elite GTA V Edition), and I notice a remarkable improvement in audio when I turn that setting on. That, coupled with the GTA preset mode on the cans, is some of the best audio I've heard in games.

Not sure how people quantify bad writing or bad dialogue.

I'm bad at remembering full quotes but there is this witless, high school level comeback from Michael that I remember hearing while playing last night:

"What is this, pick on me day?"

Again, I need to emphasize that I find the characters and the way their relationships evolve compelling. But to me there are countless examples of witless banter in the game.

Someone mentioned the abuse of swear words. Personally, no amount of f-bombs could ever offend me. However the vulgarity needs to be backed up with cleverness and GTA only intermittently succeeds in doing so.

Top Bottom