• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Ragus

Banned
K0EsGBl.jpg

Nice.

Sullichin

Every time I buy a car (single player) I seem to lose it. I had the one that looks like a Ford GT, with turbo and every other mod I could afford on it, won the first stock race as Franklin. My prize was a muscle car... that made my GT disappear. It wasn't in the impound or at my house.

Mike is always starting with his shitty red sedan whenever I switch to him, Franklin with his scooter and Trevor with his pickup, regardless of what vehicles I have in their garages.

I really like story mode but the sense of progression/reward feels off. I keep losing my cars, and most missions don't give me any money.

Fordfx2

Every time I buy a car (single player) I seem to lose it. I had the one that looks like a Ford GT, with turbo and every other mod I could afford on it, won the first stock race as Franklin. My prize was a muscle car... that made my GT disappear. It wasn't in the impound or at my house.

Mike is always starting with his shitty red sedan whenever I switch to him, Franklin with his scooter and Trevor with his pickup, regardless of what vehicles I have in their garages.

I really like story mode but the sense of progression/reward feels off. I keep losing my cars, and most missions don't give me any money.

You won't have much much until the end of the game

Someone on GTAForums found a way to skip the opening Rockstar logo (not the two splash screens though). Open GTA5.exe in notepad++, search for rockstar, should take you to a section called "platform:/movies/rockstar_logos". Just replace a letter in rockstar, and that should bypass the logo. However, I have no idea if this will get you banned, considering it's a modification of the exe file.

There's so many things I want to see added/fixed lol.

Weapon audio volume/new sfx
Police lethality
Police chopper spawning
Friend weapons
Wasted length and recording
Respawning garage cars
Leave engine running
Self Radio playlists
Character outfit changes/in missions
Heavier Euphoria animations
Stronger drunk animations
Aggressive peds
NPC spawning
Safehouses unlocked
Director mode player character dialogue
Facial hair
Turbulence fix
Export videos to hard drive/higher bitrate
Graphics settings in editor mode

Are you on Windows 8.1? I recall having a problem with being forced to used 59Hz when playing Dragon Age Inquisition.

I second police chopper spawn/turbulence change as well.

Is there a button I can click that'll let me select things from the quick menu aside from the enter key?

Dezeer

Someone on GTAForums found a way to skip the opening Rockstar logo (not the two splash screens though). Open GTA5.exe in notepad++, search for rockstar, should take you to a section called "platform:/movies/rockstar_logos". Just replace a letter in rockstar, and that should bypass the logo. However, I have no idea if this will get you banned, considering it's a modification of the exe file.

Thanks for informing, it loads as fast as a game really should load.

hepburn3d

For anyone attempting the "fly really low" mission in flight school, leave your under carriage down. You won't need to touch the throttles and it'll slow you down enough to not die ALL THE BLOODY TIME! Sorry will calm down now. Infuriating mission till I figured that out.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Welp. I updated to build 10061 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview today and GTA Online has crashed... four or five times now. It had been rock-solid, without even one crash, since launch :(

I got hit with the garage car loss bug .. sometimes R* is so cheap ...

"per your account investigation in regards of missing vehicles from your personal garage, a monetary compensation of $126,525.00 ,will be accredited to your account."

That wont even pay for the lost vehicle and upgrades :/ around $442,710

Joey Ravn

Banned
Nvidia? Reinstall your drivers.

I'm already running 350.12. First thing I always do is to get rid of those awful Windows Update undercooked beta drivers ;)

I've noticed that whenever it crashes, it because I pressed RB on my Xbox gamepad to get into cover. Weird. I was able to finish a repo missions without any issues, because I was driving 98% of the time, but the moment I started roaming on foot and tried to hide behind a wall, boom, crash.

will the DLC be
a sequel taking place after C ending or a prequel? North Yankton?

North Yankton doesn't seem likely, as it's a tiny (and probably boring) map in comparison to San Andreas. There are still plenty of places that haven't been explored or have barely been used in Los Santos.

An earlier prequel could be possible, but my money's on a sequel, probably with at least one or two new protagonists.
GTA Online's Heists are more or less already the prequel to V's story.

I'm guessing the DLC would at least have some
Franklin and Lamar stuff dealing with Grove Street and the Ballas, along with Trevor's dealings after the main story. Not sure what role Michael would play, considering he's retired again now, seemingly for good. I'd bet on seeing a new character to replace him, probably a female.

John Marston as the father and Olivia(I think) as the mother.

I wonder if someone will do a mod to import the GTA Online character model to the single player. It would be pretty cool.

Thanks. And you can use your online character in director mode, though I think it would be difficult to use them in the actual story mode.

Also does anyone else get a glitch where the phone menu will sometimes be extremely bright?

Neat after my Surano got replaced by an Oracle a couple days ago, I decided to buy a new one because it looks great. Spend 400K on modifying it after buying it for 110K, put it in my garage, it turns into a Baller SUV.

What in the fuck. Going to take a bunch of screenshots this time, losing this amount of in-game money in a game where you can spend real money to buy GTA$ isn't okay, that is a million dollars if you total the two cars up. I have no idea how I'd prove it to Rockstar support unless they can see some kind of backlog of my in-game transactions and garage history.

Time to submit yet another ticket, with useless fucking dxdiag information.

Ketch

is anybody on gaf even playing the online? It would be fun if I wasn't trying to play with randoms all the time. Did a contact mission the other day where it took us like 5 minutes to drive out to this RV and then we had to fight some dudes and right before we got in one of the douchers blew it up with an RPG on purpose to fail the mission.

Agremont

Just spent a few hours playing GTA V. First impressions...

Game is gorgeous. Walking around at night is a beautiful experience. I really like the first person mode, especially for driving. I just wish you could walk. Seems there's no way at the moment.

Nice animations and nice looking cars (the exteriors at least. The interiors are horrible designwise. They don't look believable like the exteriors.)

Not a fan of the driving physics. They feel way to simplistic and cars have too much grip and lack inertia. It's a cake walk and very unsatisfying to me. Sure GTA IV's physics might have been a bit too boaty at times, but they went way to much the other way in my opinion.

I haven't done much in the way of crashing and causing mayhem yet so I can't comment on that.

All in all good though. Looking forward to playing more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
First heist was fun but I had already seen all of it in videos :(

Oreoleo

Game is gorgeous. Walking around at night is a beautiful experience. I really like the first person mode, especially for driving. I just wish you could walk. Seems there's no way at the moment.

On keyboard? I believe tapping shift will toggle between jog and walk until you let go of W/forward. Could be wrong, I'm a filthy controller user.

I think one of my favorite additions of this enhanced GTA V is the addition of pre-modded cars roaming the roads. I've always wanted that to happen since San Andreas.

I've been really enjoying this port. I haven't had one problem with it in the 35+ hours I've been playing it.... Until today.

I'm on the mission where
Trevor kidnaps Martin Mandrazo's wife
And I finish the mission and it switches to Franklin. It doesn't save and freezes while it's loading in Franklin. Then I get an error of "GTA V Stopped responding." Anyone else have this issue? My PC is fine, SLI 970s, Game loaded on an SSD, I haven't had any issue whatsoever and now I have to quit out of the game by ending the task and then replay that entire mission again... which I'd rather not do over and over again. Any suggestions?

Agremont

Well I can confirm that the damage modeling is a big step back in comparison to IV. That and the driving physics is a pretty big minus.

Well I can confirm that the damage modeling is a big step back in comparison to IV. That and the driving physics is a pretty big minus.

Yeah, the death animations feel significantly lighter and more Havoky than in IV. Guess they had to make compromises to fit the game onto last gen consoles.

Kama_1082

Banned
ended up picking up the physical copy at best buy with the 20% GCU discount + a $5 coupon I had for $46. Not too shabby, but LOL at the # of DVDs.

How much of a patch am I looking at? (Building new PC tomorrow)

Lost an entire heist mission to a crash. Finished the entire thing then when Michael went for the meeting and the game crashed. When I got back in all progress was lost. Profoundly stupid for it not to revert to a checkpoint. A few more of those and this game is getting uninstalled. That was a half hour wasted.

I'm guessing the DLC would at least have some
Franklin and Lamar stuff dealing with Grove Street and the Ballas, along with Trevor's dealings after the main story. Not sure what role Michael would play, considering he's retired again now, seemingly for good. I'd bet on seeing a new character to replace him, probably a female.

Thanks. And you can use your online character in director mode, though I think it would be difficult to use them in the actual story mode.

Also does anyone else get a glitch where the phone menu will sometimes be extremely bright?

i dont think any of the protagonists will be replaced..i think rockstar already said it will continue the trio again for story dlc

Lost an entire heist mission to a crash. Finished the entire thing then when Michael went for the meeting and the game crashed. When I got back in all progress was lost. Profoundly stupid for it not to revert to a checkpoint. A few more of those and this game is getting uninstalled. That was a half hour wasted.
The one where you block the road with the Trashmaster?

If so, we have the exact same problem. I did it twice, it's a consistent crash. No more story for us until the next patch I guess.

It's been like 5 days since I sent a request to join the NeoGang PC GTA Online crew. Is Salsa the only one that can approve requests?

Name is MrFrankFontaine on the Social Club.

Thanks!

It's been like 5 days since I sent a request to join the NeoGang PC GTA Online crew. Is Salsa the only one that can approve requests?

Name is MrFrankFontaine on the Social Club.

Thanks!

Only Salsa, EroticSushi, and Portman01010 can accept invites into the Gang. The rest of us are just the hired muscle.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Driving is so much better than in 4 in my opinion that it's it even funny.

Driving is so much better than in 4 in my opinion that it's it even funny.

There was a certain weight to the cars in GTA IV I appreciated, even if the shocks were over-exaggerated and the tires were made of the slipperiest rubber.

That said, the cars in V are WAAAAY more fun to drive without feeling completely arcady.

Top Bottom