• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
went for a metro-sexual douche bag look for my online character. I think I nailed it?

3gVvFx4.jpg

NRSPwJg.jpg

DYemI2a.jpg

Ullus

Goddammit, got compete in an impromptu race as a daily challenge, and no one want's to do one.
You'd think that atleast one out of 30 people would be up to it...

daninthemix

Man, this is as schizophrenic as most other open world games.

Outside mission: Go anywhere! Do anything!
Inside mission: Walk down this corridor. Do not deviate. Don't even try going to a gun store if you find yourself ill-equipped. Oh no. You'll have to quit the mission first if you want to do that.

That'll be a truly open world game - when it actually gives you freedom inside missions, not just between them.

Inside mission: Walk down this corridor. Do not deviate. Don't even try going to a gun store if you find yourself ill-equipped. Oh no. You'll have to quit the mission first if you want to do that.

That'll be a truly open world game - when it actually gives you freedom inside missions, not just between them.
Actually going to the gun store mid mission is something I've noticed this game is fairly accommodating to. I'm gone to do it about a half dozen times since I started my PC play through and it's let me every time.

The Llama

Actually going to the gun store mid mission is something I've noticed this game is fairly accommodating to. I'm gone to do in about a half dozen times since I started my PC play through and it's let me every time.

Yeah, and Los Santos Customs (on another note, RIP Pay N Spray).

That said, I wonder how much of this is/was because of RAM constraints on lastgen consoles and if we'll see GTA6 be even more open. Ah, a man can dream.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so did I just miss some mission, or am I seeing things? still early on, was on franklin and I could sware I saw a green P on the map, right next to a ?. I went to the ? for the stranger mission first, which was another paparazzi one, and now I cant see the P anymore. Am I dreaming things or is there a P mission starter?

maybe its time of day related? I now did the story mission where you meet Michael and can now switch to him, and the P isnt back in the map (if it was ever there). Am I crazy?

inky

so did I just miss some mission, or am I seeing things? still early on, was on franklin and I could sware I saw a green P on the map, right next to a ?. I went to the ? for the stranger mission first, which was another paparazzi one, and now I cant see the P anymore. Am I dreaming things or is there a P mission starter?

maybe its time of day related? I now did the story mission where you meet Michael and can now switch to him, and the P isnt back in the map (if it was ever there). Am I crazy?

The P is related to your purchased properties management, and it has a time limit so you just missed it. Check your messages. Usually it involves making a delivery or something.

Kabouter

P with a question mark next to it is the icon for paparazzi missions I'm pretty sure ;P

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit dat Saints Row nod / homage / reference

P with a question mark next to it is the icon for paparazzi missions I'm pretty sure ;P

think youre right, just saw a T with a ? next to it, and it was another Tonya mission...thats a bit confusing tho, if you already know the stranger why does the ? still appear

Zoolader

Try setting Landing Page to ON in Saving and Startup.
Restart game.
When starting up game choose Story Mode, do not let it autoload.

Thanks for the help, this advice may have been what fixed my problem. I'm not sure because the next time I started the game it started to download an update.

Anyways is their a way to disable the hud in video editor mode so I can take pictures?

Sarcasm

oh shit dat Saints Row nod / homage / reference

think youre right, just saw a T with a ? next to it, and it was another Tonya mission...thats a bit confusing tho, if you already know the stranger why does the ? still appear

To remind you its a stranger.

Seanspeed

Banned
Are people on the GAF crew actually doing shit together?

I haven't joined yet, still just playing single player, but it'll be cool to run with some folks when I do get online.

Rhaknar

so my OCD kills me with these games. The character wheel thing says Franklin has 2 missions, Michael 1

the only mission the the map is a M, which both Michael and Franklin can start. so tthat counts as 1 for both, but where the fuck is the other Franklin one?

argh I should just play and not worry about these things >_<

kris.

Banned

I haven't joined yet, still just playing single player, but it'll be cool to run with some folks when I do get online.

I was on a heist with a few other members like two weeks ago but I haven't played online since. But yeah people are doing stuff.

inky

so my OCD kills me with these games. The character wheel thing says Franklin has 2 missions, Michael 1

the only mission the the map is a M, which both Michael and Franklin can start. so tthat counts as 1 for both, but where the fuck is the other Franklin one?

argh I should just play and not worry about these things >_<

Call that crackhead you were doing towing missions for.

Rhaknar

Call that crackhead you were doing towing missions for.

Tonya? I did she aint picking up. I called everybody :(

I guess it could be in the fog, I barely have the map unveiled, im still very early on

This game subscribes more to the Ubisoft open-world formula than the Bethesda one. It's very difficult to marry the carefully scripted intensity of the former with the complete freedom of the latter.

inky

Tonya? I did she aint picking up. I called everybody :(

I guess it could be in the fog, I barely have the map unveiled, im still very early on

I doubt it, as I think they still show up that way. Sometimes you just need to let time pass a bit until it becomes available. You won't practically ever have the mission wheel "clean" until after you finish the game anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it. It will drive you mad.

If anything, try to do some side stuff and explore a little. The first time I played this on PS3 I beelined most if not all missions (trying to leave the collectathons and property stuff for the endgame) and thought the game lesser due to that, because the open world play is almost never as exciting as the missions.

This second time around I didn't worry about that, and found myself enjoying it more by stumbling into things and exploring and mixing it up. That's just me, but I used to be ADD about missions like that as well.

Sarcasm

For buying property, especially ones that generate cash, can only one character buy them? Or can any of them, but only one? If so what are the best ways to do it.

Since you can't share cash between the three.

For buying property, especially ones that generate cash, can only one character buy them? Or can any of them, but only one? If so what are the best ways to do it.

Since you can't share cash between the three.

Certain properties can only be purchased by one character; others let you choose between the three. For example, both Michael and Franklin can buy hangars at LS Airport and helipads at the Marina; Trevor can't buy either, since his helipad and hangar are in Sandy Shores. Here's a guide that shows who can buy what. As far as investments go, most of them take ages to earn the purchase price back, so they're better for endgame content than any sort of investment strategy.

Sarcasm

Certain properties can only be purchased by one character; others let you choose between the three. For example, both Michael and Franklin can buy hangars at LS Airport and helipads at the Marina; Trevor can't buy either, since his helipad and hangar are in Sandy Shores. Here's a guide that shows who can buy what. As far as investments go, most of them take ages to earn the purchase price back, so they're better for endgame content than any sort of investment strategy.

Thanks. I know endgame but just wondering if I should say use X character to buy X or doesn't matter who.

Be nice if I could share cash. Can you mod Michael or Trevor's car with Franklin's mod shop?

Thanks. I know endgame but just wondering if I should say use X character to buy X or doesn't matter who.

Be nice if I could share cash. Can you mod Michael or Trevor's car with Franklin's mod shop?

Only Franklin gets the ownership discount unfortunately. Although you could mod the car with Franklin, meet up with one of the other two and swap cars, I suppose... but in endgame content, if you play your cards right, the cost of modding a car is irrelevant since you will have more money than you could ever conceivably spend.

FtHTiny

Just did the Prison Break heist with 3 guys from the same crew. After the gound team failed twice which took over 25 mins already we finally did it.
I fully expected one to not open the parachute at this point but 2 guys landed safely around my chopper but the other one landed way off.
So somehow he got a car and jumped it off cliff, it landed nose first and exploded. No lives left...

Dinjoralo

I just realized how much stuff the Rockstar Social Club website keeps track of. It's pretty crazy, though I don't get why I'm not able to look at the map of collectibles I don't have.

If I'm doing a heist I will throw invites to all the crew members who are online. I've tried joining the mumble server a few times, since the in-game chat is weirdly unreliable for me. However I've never seen anyone in there and never had anyone connect while I've idled.

Last night 3 of us (Retubok and Fuffykins) actually went through all of the the Prison Break Heist with a couple of different randoms. Only a couple of hiccups along the way, but at least no one crashed the armored car into the getaway plane on the runway, blowing it up and failing the mission. Nope, no one did that at all.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

Fun times were had by all. More fun times coming soon!

Any reliable way to skip the startup screens/logos?

Not that I'm aware of, at least not yet. They aren't just videos sitting in a folder you can delete or rename, so it will probably take some modding to get it done since all of the files are in encrypted repositories. Or it's possible they are actually hiding the initial loading of engine assets and may never be "skippable".

man, how many of you played this game free aim (first person or otherwise) on PS4 or Xbox One before picking up the PC version?

because so far the biggest thing putting this version ahead for me has been the silky smooth controls, and what they do for the gunplay. I mean, for example...

you remember the mission where you have to take out the entire O'Neal family at their farm? On PS4, I died a half a dozen times before beating that mission, and I had to carefully use cover, moving slow and steady to compensate for the lack of twitch control and ease of death.

On PC... well, this video I recorded of myself clearing the whole family in less than two minutes on my second try, explains it better than I ever could. Two minutes of some of the most visceral and engaging shooting I've enjoyed in years (assisted by incredible AI reaction to both being shot at and seeing their friends shot at - at 1:00 the guy looking at the grenade at his feet while his friend tells him to duck is priceless, and the entire home invading segment is just plain brutal). Playing this on mouse and keyboard with macro buttons and no input lag just changes the game completely.

Need four gaffers to help do the prison break finale heist and any heists after that, my social club name is Justinakach0ppa

You should go into GAF mumble, it'll make voice chat better, I know a handful of us are usually in there at any given moment.

GAF MUMBLE Info is in this post, just quote to see it.

Corpekata

Banned
There a way to store or ditch weapons? Kinda annoying cycling through the basic weapons when you've got a much better one in all respects. Annoyed me I couldn't get rid of them in Watch Dogs too.

Hover over the weapon in your weapon wheel and press triangle

Where is the
120px-PlayStationTriangle.svg.png
key?

:p

Is it a global crew or just US?, if UK people are OK to join i put in a request - my R* name is MajorMelchett.

This is such a sweet post. Of course there isn't any geographical discrimination in our crew bub, come join and get ready for fun.

I'm gonna play another round of Harrier Jet Angel again, I've had so much fun with that self-made game.

ducksauce

Goddammit, got compete in an impromptu race as a daily challenge, and no one want's to do one.
You'd think that atleast one out of 30 people would be up to it...
These kind of daily objectives really need to be removed. I broke a five day streak because I couldn't get anyone to accept a one-on-one deathmatch.

The Cowboy

Man the online is so fun, it runs well and has loads to do.

Not overly impressed with the apartments though, considering the prices go from 200k to 500k there is basically no difference other than the view (i went for the 280k one as i liked that one best). It would be nice for some sort of furnishing DLC to come out so you can change all the furniture etc, and i would love to have a console hooked into the TV with some retro games on it to play (ohh and a pet would be nice).

Also, they really should add in beach front properties with large garages to buy, i really want a beach view :D.

Top Bottom