• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Man the online is so fun, it runs well and has loads to do.

Not overly impressed with the apartments though, considering the prices go from 200k to 500k there is basically no difference other than the view (i went for the 280k one as i liked that one best). It would be nice for some sort of furnishing DLC to come out so you can change all the furniture etc, and i would love to have a console hooked into the TV with some retro games on it to play (ohh and a pet would be nice).

Also, they really should add in beach front properties with large garages to buy, i really want a beach view :D.

They added some different apartment layouts in one of the DLC packs. I don't disagree with you though, some customization there would be pretty cool. It would also give the the game another money sink for them to encourage the purchase of Shark cards.

The Cowboy

They added some different apartment layouts in one of the DLC packs. I don't disagree with you though, some customization there would be pretty cool. It would also give the the game another money sink for them to encourage the purchase of Shark cards.

Yeah, its the 1st thing i thought of as soon as i got mine. When so many people are playing the game and really enjoying it, it just seems like such an obvious way to make some extra money from players.

I'm not a big fan of micro transactions, but i could see myself putting up some cash for a nice pit-bull pet and various apartment furniture.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know you are all done with the story and have moved on to online, but I'm really enjoying the game. And that's coming from someone that only really played GTA3 for realsies, the rest I just dabbled in or didn't touch.

Even early on the game feels much better than 4 ever did, both the characters and especially the driving (Love that Franklin special ability). Really enjoying both Michael and Franklin too, and most missions so far. Ton of fun, actually surprised how much I'm enjoying it. And Rockstar continues to be best in class when it comes to writing and voice acting

dreamfall

Sad that the Life Invader Stock glitch doesn't work anymore. It was hilarious to have in the PS4/XBO versions- multibillionaires even before unlocking Trevor. Would've been nice to buy all the businesses.

Sarcasm

Before I spend time I want to see if anybody has done this:

1. As Trevor or Michael, get in your car/truck and call up Franklin to hang out
  2. As soon as Franklin agrees to hangout, switch to him and wait where you are.
  3. The character you used to call Franklin will eventually show up and let Franklin (you) drive.
  4. Take control of his vehicle and drive to LS customs to mod car
  5. When you're done the mods, finish hanging out with the other character by doing an activity with him (darts, drinking, etc.)and dropping the character off. When you drop the person off, he will take back the car.

IMACOMPUTA

I have game breaking lag in nearly every free roam session. Literally 5 out of the 6 times I've played this game so far.

Never had that issue once in the hundreds of hours I put into the console versions. What's going on?

The Llama

Just beat the main story for the 2nd time (first was PS3; I got like 1/3 of the way through on PS4 before giving up and only playing online). So good. I completely forgot the last mission, so it was still fresh to me.

I have game breaking lag in nearly every free roam session. Literally 5 out of the 6 times I've played this game so far.

Never had that issue once in the hundreds of hours I put into the console versions. What's going on?
Having the same issue, as well as a friend of mine. It's the most insane lag I've ever seen in a game. I just got the game a day ago so I have no idea if this is just a recent problem or what, pretty sure it's not my internet or my hardware though especially since it's happening to my friend as well (we tested playing with other randoms)...

DarkKyo

I submitted an invite request earlier today to the GAF gang but I haven't been accepted yet. Is there a waiting period or something?

Sephon

How do I get my request (submitted a week ago) to join NeoGang PC though, can't find any instructions in the OT. Do I have to join mumble and request it directly?

I submitted an invite request earlier today to the GAF gang but I haven't been accepted yet. Is there a waiting period or something?
How do I get my request (submitted a week ago) to join NeoGang PC though, can't find any instructions in the OT. Do I have to join mumble and request it directly?

You gotta get jumped in.

--------
just wait, someone who has the power will do it sooner than later. I'm rank 10 in it and I dont think itll let me do it. I would if i could.

What's the best way to go - fpv or third person? I still feel like the controls are not as good as other third person games, but this has been an issue with the past GTA titles.

Trainer is crazy fun. Definitely annoying having to uninstall and install each time I want to use it(I don't want it for online), but it could be worse. Fun game, shoot all the cop tires you see, when you have like 20 cop cars chasing you, bumper cars of death. Good times.

What's the best way to go - fpv or third person? I still feel like the controls are not as good as other third person games, but this has been an issue with the past GTA titles.

fpv for everything except vehicles. You have so much control. Be sure to switch in the controls to change them to first-person mode, plays really really well in fpv like that.

Sarcasm

Also being the shitty system they got even if they allow you..you have to go accept the invite lol.

Submitting a support ticket to R* notifying them of an online glitch,
You have selected "PC" as your platform. Please upload a DxDiag and MSInfo from your PC to continue using the "Add File" link above.
Yes because cars being replaced in my online garage surely is a hardware or software issue on my end, LOL

Can't even submit the form without these files.

Submitting a support ticket to R* notifying them of an online glitch,

Yes because cars being replaced in my online garage surely is a hardware or software issue on my end, LOL

Can't even submit the form without these files.

Their support is shit for the most part. Submitted a ticket about the 59Hz bug, they asked if my router was connected properly, if I my firewall was active, if I was running an anti-virus, etc. They're helpful sometimes (they let me change my character's appearance when I told them his face bugged out when transferring), but they really piss me off when they don't actually give you specific advice, just a bunch of random shit.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've gone back a few pages and have been browsing the net for a solid answer. I'm stuck at 59hz on my 60hz monitor. I've failed to make some band-aids work. Is it safe to assume those that say it's just a "rounding problem" are correct?

Hope we get some real car mods soon. Waiting on those and maybe some clothing mods to start the story

There's so many things I want to see added/fixed lol.

Weapon audio volume/new sfx
Police lethality
Police chopper spawning
Friend weapons
Wasted length and recording
Respawning garage cars
Leave engine running
Self Radio playlists
Character outfit changes/in missions
Heavier Euphoria animations
Stronger drunk animations
Aggressive peds
NPC spawning
Safehouses unlocked
Director mode player character dialogue
Facial hair
Turbulence fix
Export videos to hard drive/higher bitrate
Graphics settings in editor mode

I've gone back a few pages and have been browsing the net for a solid answer. I'm stuck at 59hz on my 60hz monitor. I've failed to make some band-aids work. Is it safe to assume those that say it's just a "rounding problem" are correct?

Are you on Windows 8.1? I recall having a problem with being forced to used 59Hz when playing Dragon Age Inquisition.

Ullus

These kind of daily objectives really need to be removed. I broke a five day streak because I couldn't get anyone to accept a one-on-one deathmatch.

Yeah, I mean it's fine if you have someone to play with, but the ones I usually play with don't have the time to play daily.

Shame you can't host you own servers, dedicated to doing dailies.

Applied to NeoGang PC - username is DisheveledZen

Picked up the game a few days ago, having a great deal of fun with it. Tried a bunch of heists with randoms and nearly all have ended in fiery disaster. Although it often times makes for some very amusing moments.

There's so many things I want to see added/fixed lol.

Weapon audio volume/new sfx
Police lethality
Police chopper spawning
Friend weapons
Wasted length and recording
Respawning garage cars
Leave engine running
Self Radio playlists
Character outfit changes/in missions
Heavier Euphoria animations
Stronger drunk animations
Aggressive peds
NPC spawning
Safehouses unlocked
Director mode player character dialogue
Facial hair
Turbulence fix
Export videos to hard drive/higher bitrate
Graphics settings in editor mode

Well damn, I hope you aren't waiting on those to start the story :p

Well damn, I hope you aren't waiting on those to start the story :p

Nah, I'm already playing the game properly, but it'd be nice to at least see some of that added.

Also, they added the ability to see each character's unique vehicle on the map, which is cool, but Franklin's bike doesn't get a map icon for some reason.

Nah, I'm already playing the game properly, but it'd be nice to at least see some of that added.

Lol cool, well I agree with pretty much everything on that list. Would also like to see a mod that lets you change a main characters personal viechle,as well as some features from online like car insurance and property's

Also, they added the ability to see each character's unique vehicle on the map, which is cool, but Franklin's bike doesn't get a map icon for some reason.

Eh, it's crap anyway. Hate how half of the time you switch to him he has this piece of shit instead of the car

Jintor

Whelp finished the main story

*shrug*

A few good character moments and I really dug Michael learning to get along with his dysfunctional-ass family but other than that... I dunno. Weiiiiiiiiiird.

Trevor going home to his mum though was hilarious

Anyone else getting messed up textures with the stock car racer?

i9tb.jpg

j9tb.jpg

k9tb.jpg

l9tb.jpg

Regarding this post I made, I think figured it out.

Thanks to the trainer that was just released, I could cycle through all the weather presets and found the one I was talking about.
It's called "extra sunny" and for some reason since the patch I'm not getting it anymore. I don't know wether it's actually due to the patch or if it's just my game.

Here is a comparison between clear and extra sunny. (open in tabs and switch between)

Clear
Extra sunny

So is anyone still getting the extra sunny weather? Because my game defaults to clear. I could have sworn that before the patch it defaulted to extra sunny.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like Michael. his family are a bunch of pieces of shit tho, but Im still early on

I like Michael. his family are a bunch of pieces of shit tho, but Im still early on

You kind of get the idea that Michael has been a giant asshole towards them in the past (well, Amanda at least). I wish they showed more of that, instead of Amanda just being a nagging, unlikeable bitch seemingly for no good reason.

KPJZKC

Tried to click on the "Request Invite" button on the rockstar social club and nothing happened - I guess the gang is full?

edit - nevermind, I'm an idiot. Was my social club privacy settings.

The Llama

You kind of get the idea that Michael has been a giant asshole towards them in the past (well, Amanda at least). I wish they showed more of that, instead of Amanda just being a nagging, unlikeable bitch seemingly for no good reason.

Yeah. Like, I can kind of see where she's coming from, but it seems a bit over the top without knowing more of their past.

Yeah. Like, I can kind of see where she's coming from, but it seems a bit over the top without knowing more of their past.

Exactly. When she just randomly bitches at Michael for smoking or drinking or whatever, you think "what a hypocritical asshole". Then you get easily missable bits of dialogue that give her more depth, but most players will miss this.

Top Bottom