• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee: Super TURBO Championship Edition | OT | ¡Livin' la muerte loca!

maxcriden

I'll definitely be buying this... probably on the WiiU. That lets you view the minimap on the Gamepad, right?

Wii U gamepad is just the map? I love what they did with the gamepad in Shovel Knight.

Yep, per Nintendo Life's interview which I'll add to the OT:

The main difference in the Wii U version is use of the second screen. You can play the game on the second screen, or you can show the map. With the map turned on you can see a level's fog of war uncover as you run around, and it's generally a bit faster to check where you're going. Naturally, you can also touch the second screen to to scroll the map.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...lee_super_turbo_championship_edition_to_wii_u

They did a preview, too:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...n_guacamelee_super_turbo_championship_edition

oggob

Got the Platinum on the Vita, plus all the DLC and everything, originally abit miffed about not seeing this as a DLC expansion for the original release... but it really was of the best games from last year, I am happy to do this all over again.

Don't listen to all the whinging about Tree Tops/Tule Tree... it is really one of the best sections of the game.

Also sad that exploits for this original DLC trophy were found...

Bone on bone : Conquer the final column of arenas in La Caverna del Pollo as the Skeleton Luchador

Doing that legit was for me one of the best experiences the game had, fantastic challenge.

maxcriden

Got the Platinum on the Vita, plus all the DLC and everything, originally abit miffed about not seeing this as a DLC expansion for the original release... but it really was of the best games from last year, I am happy to do this all over again.

Don't listen to all the whinging about Tree Tops/Tule Tree... it is really one of the best sections of the game.

Also sad that exploits for this original DLC trophy were found...

Doing that legit was for me one of the best experiences the game had, fantastic challenge.

Always unfortunate to hear about exploits for trophies, but you can at least take solace in the fact that you really earned it.

Hypron

Graphics wise, do we know if it's going to look the same on all platforms? If that's the case then I'll probably get the Wii-U version.

JLeack

Banned
I'm about halfway through the PS4 version right now. The game is pretty dope. I enjoy the combat and the platforming.

Blues1990

I'm really looking forward to getting this game for the Wii U, especially since I have heard a lot of good things about it. It just looks awesome all-round.

Saroyan

I already got the plat on Vita so I wasn't really sure if I wanted to buy this again, but I wasn't aware it was part of gwg on XB1 so I'll gladly play this again on there for free. Game is a ton of fun
except for the treetops orb

Cannot recommend this game enough. One of the best games released last year. It is not just a simple beat em up. Not only does the combat have some depth, but there is really good platforming in this game, some of which can be extremely challenging.

Played the crap out of it on Vita and PS#, but I so want to buy it for the PS4 especially for the added content and changes!!

KeRaSh

La doble caída es real!

I don't speak spanish...

One of the best Vita games in my opinion. Can't wait to play through it again!

Geedorah

Embargo so I can't really say anything. Sorry =/

Embargo up yet? Able to make any comment as to PS3/VITA/PC? I do not plan on buying this yet a third time just for the extra little bump in content - did that once already going from VITA to PC...

jwk94

Why does local coop get continuously cited in reviews as a novelty???
Because not too many games have local coop these days =/

Embargo up yet? Able to make any comment as to PS3/VITA/PC? I do not plan on buying this yet a third time just for the extra little bump in content - did that once already going from VITA to PC...

Yep! I liked it for the extra content. Powerups and some story elements reside in the new area so it feels like they were meant to be there. Otherwise, I can understand your concern. If you're not too interested in the new boss, poewers, and stage, then I don't think this is for you.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'd never even really heard of this game until today and soon I will have it for free!

This is like an amazing surprise gift.
Can't wait to play it.

Top Bottom