• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of Middle-Earth |OT| One Sauron to Feed Them All (Console DOTA game)

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm pretty addicted to this game now. Seems pretty healthy too. I only really wait a minute or two to get into a battlegrounds match.

What really helped me was watching ODTray's stream on Twitch. He's the balance team lead for this game and he puts up long streams at a pretty regular frequency.

Frodo available now. Wish they'd give us an evil striker. One is supposedly coming that is an even better ranged striker than Haldir.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
How does Survival Game Mode work? Also are the DLC characters worth getting? Wish the had trial for DLC as well.

Survival is a separate unique map and it's your basic "Horde Mode" where enemies come in waves with progressively harder enemies and structures. You get your own structures to pop up as well at incremental stages such as shrines and towers.
Basically you have to survive as long as possible.

As for the dlc characters, I've enjoyed my share of them such as Radagast, and Bert, but ultimately it'll boil down to your playstyle. Really think they should have put them in rotation as well. Seems like a stupid mechanic to have if they're only going to do it with characters that you technically already own.

Card Boy

Banned
Ok I have updated the OT.

The game and season pass is half price on XBLA. I noticed tons of balance changes but did they ever fix the matchmaking/online issues?

Does anyone still play this? I got it when it was part of PS+ and now have it for PC, but holy crap is the PC version ever garbage. All the bad things included in the console versions and laggy controls to boot.

Top Bottom