• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
This is probably the most interesting looking comic book movie that has/is come out. It seems weird and has a sense of humor about itself. Is there a nice set of comics I should buy before going to see it or should I just go in blind?

TDLink

This is probably the most interesting looking comic book movie that has/is come out. It seems weird and has a sense of humor about itself. Is there a nice set of comics I should buy before going to see it or should I just go in blind?

You can just go in blind. If you want to read comics beforehand make sure it's the 2008 run by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning and nothing else.

farisr

So I pretty much just read through every single post in this thread. LOL. Too hyped. Not watching any extended clips or what not, the last thing I saw was "Trailer 3" as in the 2nd trailer for the UK. Was sold on this from trailer 1. Not a comic reader so I hadn't heard about them at all before marvel decided to make a movie.

Last time I was this pumped for a film was Scott Pilgrim.

Hopefully this does just a tiny bit better than Scott Pilgrim

...now I want to watch Scott Pilgrim.

Now I want to watch Scott Pilgrim...

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The new extended clip has a faceful of Thanos.

http://i.imgur.com/3op9Ix6.png

Kind of. More or less.

thanos.gif

sol_bad

I saw that as an option but I don't have a way to print anything at the moment. If I buy it would showing it via a phone be acceptable at the cinema for entry?

Yeah technology.
Buy ticket , input your email address, ticket purchase is sent to you, they scan the bar code thing on your phone screen.

TDLink

Yeah technology.
Buy ticket , input your email address, ticket purchase is sent to you, they scan the bar code thing on your phone screen.

Alright awesome. Thanks for answering my dumb questions. Super excited I don't have to wait an extra week to see this.

sol_bad

Alright awesome. Thanks for answering my dumb questions. Super excited I don't have to wait an extra week to see this.

They aren't dumb questions, it's just a subject matter you aren't knowledgeable on. I can guarantee I'd have a tonne of "dumb" questions for subjects I know nothing aboot.

NYC. Only a couple hours away. I can drive there and be done by the time the film ends and be there to slap him.

Jealous. I hope it doesn't have the credits scene though.

All this salt! XD

Anyway hope you like the movie J10! I look forward to hearing more impressions.

We are just jealous. I am still disappointed I am working all this week and can't go to the showing Wednesday night here. I will still be there at midnight opening night though.

TDLink

The stream is pretty good so far. Got some insight on Daredevil and Michael Rooker just walked onto the stream to steal swag.

J10

Banned
Just learned the premier won't have the post credits scene. Apparently it's pretty major and they don't wanna spoil it yet.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Just learned the premier won't have the post credits scene. Apparently it's pretty major and they don't wanna spoil it yet.

Of course. They don't want that Age of Ultron trailer leaking out too early.

Gartooth

We are just jealous. I am still disappointed I am working all this week and can't go to the showing Wednesday night here. I will still be there at midnight opening night though.

I'm probably going to see it twice in the same weekend. Taking a group of friends to the first showing Thursday night on the 31st and then probably again on Friday night. :D

Marvel making people see it a second time just for a two minute tease. ;)

TDLink

Where'd he say this?

On Facebook he said:

"One bit of business for those of you going to the premiere tonight: There WILL be a tag at the end of the credits on Guardians of the Galaxy, but it won't be playing tonight, just as it hasn't been playing on the press screenings. It's something we're saving for people who go see the movie on the first day in theaters around the world."

Tag = scene

Rnr1224

that extended clip got me hyped! cant wait for this. sometimes the theater has showings at 8 PM on the Thursday before the premiere. Hope it happens for this movie!!

Top Bottom