• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That would suck. Dragging on the build up for too long. And by the time Avengers 4 rolls around, much of the current cast will have left due to contracts being up and a fourth movie with them being mega expensive because of their salaries.
We have spent this much time building to the Infinity Gauntlet. Dragging it on another 3 or so years after Avengers 3 would be bad.

Just spend Phase 3 fleshing everything out in the other films, then make Avengers 3 the big get together to stop Thanos. Only thing I can see them doing to be bigger than that is making Avengers 3 the holiday 2018 movie and then the may 2019 film being simply called "The Infinity Gauntlet" and throwing everyone in it.
Yeah, I think it's way too long. I mean at that point we're looking at literally a decade's worth of buildup, on top of the issues you mention (I think genre fatigue and actor issues are their two biggest hurdles).

It's not like they'll run out of ideas for Avengers 4 either. Sure, there's no villain quite like Thanos that they can use that has the same impact (especially after Ultron getting his own film and Doom being restricted by rights), but there's always adaptations of Disassembled/Civil War and perhaps even the Thunderbolts they can use.

Yeah, I think it's way too long. I mean at that point we're looking at literally a decade's worth of buildup, on top of the issues you mention (I think genre fatigue and actor issues are their two biggest hurdles).

It's not like they'll run out of ideas for Avengers 4 either. Sure, there's no villain quite like Thanos that they can use that has the same impact (especially after Ultron getting his own film and Doom being restricted by rights), but there's always adaptations of Disassembled/Civil War and perhaps even the Thunderbolts they can use.

Yeah, Thor: TDW's credits scene firmly established Thanos/Infinity Stones as the current overarching storyline of the MCU. I can't see Feige letting the Phase 1 stars' contracts end before it can be resolved.

I imagined Gunn doing this

Karl-Pilkington.gif

What I've learnt from watching that extended tv spot is that I've been pronouncing Thanos wrong for years. Always thought it was said like 'Thah-naws' as opposed to 'Thay-nose'

Gartooth

Well that's an interesting tweet.

Huh...

From what Fillion is saying, it sounds like he is pointing towards a rumor being bullshit that has yet to be called out. ("A lesson coming") It could be the one about Gunn doing Avengers 3, or something else that we don't know about yet.

Yeah Ronan is probably going to be a case of benefitting from not knowing anything from the comics.

He is not an outright villain in the comics and they seem to be playing him otherwise for the film. Pace described him as insane, which I wouldn't infer from Comics Ronan.

sol_bad

So happy that there are advance screenings for the 1st of August in Australia!!!
One thing I'm surprised at is that Marvel haven't shown a 5-10 minute teaser during the commercials like they did with the Winter Soldier.

So happy that there are advance screenings for the 1st of August in Australia!!!
One thing I'm surprised at is that Marvel haven't shown a 5-10 minute teaser during the commercials like they did with the Winter Soldier.

Are these being held by Village Cinemas?

v1lla21

Damn, I can't see it opening day anymore. I got my schedule changed at work and I'd be getting out rather late and I'd be too tired to enjoy the movie :( hopefully my girlfriend can get a refund.

TDLink

Event Cinemas in NSW.
I'm not sure who Village Cinemas are attached to.

Where do you see info on this? I'm trying to find advance screenings in the Gold Coast (in Queensland) to no avail. There is an Event Cinemas here though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Me and my two friends are buying out tickets for the 31st on Friday. Can't bloody wait.

sol_bad

Where do you see info on this? I'm trying to find advance screenings in the Gold Coast (in Queensland) to no avail. There is an Event Cinemas here though.

On the Event Cinemas website. On the left hand side is an advanced screening button, then a list of film's appears, then the cinemas the advance screenings are at.

Just wait until the movie opens. If it does halfway decent, the thread will still be lively.

But if it is a huge hit (or huge flop), this thread will explode.

TDLink

On the Event Cinemas website. On the left hand side is an advanced screening button, then a list of film's appears, then the cinemas the advance screenings are at.

Awesome! Found a screening for the 1st, thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to get in.

Top Bottom