• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

TEJ

The room won't be able to contain both of your hype :D

It should be the whole damn gang.

well, today has been a good day so far. finding out about john williams in star wars 7, finding out about crouching tiger hidden dragon 2 w/ donnie yen, and watching martial arts flicks and playing mirrors edge and kingdom hearts to beat the ridiculous heat.

well, today has been a good day so far. finding out about john williams in star wars 7, finding out about crouching tiger hidden dragon 2 w/ donnie yen, and watching martial arts flicks and playing mirrors edge and kingdom hearts to beat the ridiculous heat.

Whaaaat? I didn't hear of this!

TEJ

My day has gotten even better.

This next year and a half is going to be ridiculous in terms of entertainment for me

Where do I even begin?

The avengers age of ultron
Star wars 7
Interstellar
Big Hero 6
Crouching tiger 2 {maybe?}
The new zelda
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Possibly Mirrors Edge 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3
Persona 5
The new lion king tv movie
yeah, i'm looking forward to this, so sue me
Kung fu panda 3 {i hear that brian cranston is playing the villain this time}
a new star fox title
new kirby canvas curse
I'm going to disneyworld with family in a year from now for a week to celebrate my 30th birthday

and last but not least

guardians of the galaxy

This next year and a half is going to be ridiculous in terms of entertainment for me

Where do I even begin?

The avengers age of ultron
Star wars 7
Interstellar
Big Hero 6
Crouching tiger 2 {maybe?}
The new zelda
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Possibly Mirrors Edge 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3
Persona 5
The new lion king tv movie
yeah, i'm looking forward to this, so sue me
Kung fu panda 3 {i hear that brian cranston is playing the villain this time}
a new star fox title
new kirby canvas curse
I'm going to disneyworld with family in a year from now for a week to celebrate my 30th birthday

and last but not least

guardians of the galaxy

My body is not even ready.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
James Gunn talks about the post-credits sequence:
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/james-gunn-talks-guardians-of-the-galaxy-post-credit-sequence#null
"Oh we have a post-credit sequence for you! Oh, do we ever! Yes, well we are connected, first of all we are connected…because of certain characters…but we have a post-credit sequence that’s all our own! That in all honestly we have just been doing the past few days so I think it’s going to be a great deal of fun for people."

Obviously I can’t ask anything specific about it, but can I have just one word to sum up the scene?

"You don’t even want to know what it is! Pure joy, pure joy, that’s two words!"

Neoxon

inf2_marvel_goglineupv2.jpg

Here's the trailer.

- Star-Lord & Gamora are in the playset, while you have to buy Rocket, Groot, & Drax separately.
- Everyone is based off their movie designs except Drax, who draws from his Ultimate Spider-Man design (adding evidence to the rumored/sorta leaked GotG animated series)
- Iron Man & Kid Nova is fully compatible with the GotG playset, even though he's from the Spider-Man playset.
- There's a Power Disc that turns the Toy Box into Knowhere, & Knowhere is in the playset, too.
- Cosmo, the telepathic Russian space-dog from the 2008 run, is in the game as the guide for the Guardians, similar to his role in the comics.
- Star-Lord & Rocket got voice changes since their appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man & Avengers Assemble, while Gamora, Groot (at least Kevin Michael Richardson, who replaced Michael Duncan after his untimely death), & I think Drax's VAs reprise their roles.

Sources: Kotaku, Variety, ComicBookMovie

Xion385

People who saw this already. How was Karen Gillan and how was her American accent (I know she's an alien, but she said she was going to use one this movie)?

J10

Banned
People who saw this already. How was Karen Gillan and how was her American accent (I know she's an alien, but she said she was going to use one this movie)?

Her performance was understated and kinda flat. Her accent was fine. She didn't have a whole lot to do in the movie, though. I think she was supposed to seem miserable and isolated, but she came off as just bored.

Yrael

Babelfish works in Hitchhikers because they stick it into everyone's ears. Yet in the Avengers no such thing was done but everyone could understand the Asgardians crystal clear in English.

For the Asgardians at least that's explained by the All-Tongue (anyone who hears someone speaking with the All-Tongue will hear their native language).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Pretty much all alien races that do constant space travel use universal translators for the sake of convenience. It's a common and necessary item.

Quill had one implanted, but it was removed along all his cybernetic implants in Annihilation: Conquest - Star-Lord. He was suddenly speaking normal English and the Kree couldn't understand him until they gave him a new one.

iydw4BOW9YvSo.jpg

ibvmwonpqKhOyV.jpg

Experien

Her performance was understated and kinda flat. Her accent was fine. She didn't have a whole lot to do in the movie, though. I think she was supposed to seem miserable and isolated, but she came off as just bored.

Yeah, I feel she phoned it in...though I don't know what she is like in other acting roles so maybe that is just her? But I was glad when she wasn't talking on screen.

J10

Banned
Yeah, I feel she phoned it in...though I don't know what she is like in other acting roles so maybe that is just her? But I was glad when she wasn't talking on screen.

I dunno if I'd call that phoning it in - she shaved her head for it. Maybe she's just not that great an actor.

Uncle

Sounds more like a gag scene than something setting up future films.

Actually it sounds like two: one tying them to the rest of MCU, probably Thanos related, and one that is just fun GOTG stuff like the shwarma scene or the Banner & Stark scene. So I'm guessing mid-credits for the MCU stuff and after credits for GOTG antics.

Experien

Actually it sounds like two: one tying them to the rest of MCU, probably Thanos related, and one that is just fun GOTG stuff like the shwarma scene or the Banner & Stark scene. So I'm guessing mid-credits for the MCU stuff and after credits for GOTG antics.

Let's just say they already have the
GotG fun scene
at the end of the movie. And it is quite fantastic!

iFirez

^^ Pretty cool vector of Star Lord's helmet.

Can't wait for this film -- I'm going to see it on 2nd August with some friends, most of them are out of town until then so holding out until then.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Explain your logic in spoiler tags.
I have no insight, nor have I seen the film. I just think him saying "but we have a post-credit sequence that’s all our own" despite being connected points towards something cosmic Marvel related.

Oh wow, they're actually using one of the fan-made ones that I liked.
Yeah, I think I like the original a bit more though.

Experien

The real question is what is Feige's definition of well? Does it have to do at least as much as the awful Thor movies or what? Marvel fans will go but since it is not well known, it might not pull in "casual" Marvel goers.

I was talking to someone at work who loves seeing X-Men and Marvel movies and he has no interest in this one. I had to really tell him that it was fun and like a space opera and he is barely considering it.

Top Bottom