• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Showaddy

Was probably a good idea to cut him and focus on one protagonist, don't want to half arse it and end up with a couple of underdeveloped main characters. They're expanding the cosmic universe anyway so he'll get his chance soon enough.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Was probably a good idea to cut him and focus on one protagonist, don't want to half arse it and end up with a couple of underdeveloped main characters. They're expanding the cosmic universe anyway so he'll get his chance soon enough.

Probably right. Still hope for a post-credit Nova tease.

Showaddy

Exactly, plus the fact that Richie was in the initial draft does mean that Marvel has plans for our favorite Nova.

It would be pretty odd after Feige & Gunn have been raving about Abnett & Lanning's works being the basis of the cosmic MCU to completely ignore their awesome Nova run.

Dunno if this was posted, so my apologies in advance but holy shit

This clip with Drax

Clip spoilers
'Why would I put my finger on his throat?'

Edit: oh god I'm way late goddamnit but I'm still leaving it here because lol Drax

Neoxon

Ya, just noticed, my bad. I offer bad puns and Music Unlimited trials as a peace offering
I'll gladly take the latter.

Also, Quick & I have added a crap-ton of Disney Infinity 2.0 stuff to the OP. And Quick & I may be working together again on the Ant-Man OT.

If Nemesis approves, this may become a regular thing for the MCU OTs.

Voror

Great to hear such good impressions. I'm really hoping to see Nova or the introduction of the Nova Force at least for the post credits.

I'd hope we'd get some of the other Guardians like Mantis or Nebula next time. If there is a next time.

TDLink

Great to hear such good impressions. I'm really hoping to see Nova or the introduction of the Nova Force at least for the post credits.

I'd hope we'd get some of the other Guardians like Mantis or Nebula next time. If there is a next time.

Gunn said he wants to include more females next time to break the mold of "there can only be 1 female on the team". I would think Mantis is a shoe-in at the very least. He also said he would like to expand the roles of other Guardians in this film...I am assuming he is alluding to Cosmo and perhaps Yondu.

Neoxon

Nebula was never a Guardian.

Neoxon

Expect this logo on all the OTs Quick & I do, including this one.

iH2Qi9xE8YTvM.png

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Gunn said he wants to include more females next time to break the mold of "there can only be 1 female on the team". I would think Mantis is a shoe-in at the very least. He also said he would like to expand the roles of other Guardians in this film...I am assuming he is alluding to Cosmo and perhaps Yondu.

Mantis could be weird rights wise too. Hell, she was a DC character at one point.

Wurst

456307-bigthumbnail.jpg

Today is the day! I'll pick up my tickets in excactly 12 hours. Movie starts in 14 hours.
Sucks I have to go to work. Don't think I can concentrate.

Those reviews are making me so happy!

Voror

Saw that interview and hope he gets a chance t expand it more. Cosmo could make for a good supporting character if they go with the use of Knowhere as a base.

Nebula was never a Guardian.

Ah, you're right. I was thinking of Quasar.

TDLink

Mantis could be weird rights wise too. Hell, she was a DC character at one point.

I highly doubt it. Even though she moved around she is back with Marvel now and has been for a while. Plus her first appearance was in Avengers in the 70s. I can't think of any possible reason they wouldn't have the rights.

Gartooth

I wouldn't bat an eye at seeing Cosmo and Adam Warlock as part of the team in the sequel given all the teasing. Beyond them, we're looking at Bug, Mantis, Major Victory, Phyla, Moondragon, and Jack Flag as the remaining members of the 2008 team. In my own opinion, I think Mantis and Bug stand the best shot with the latter having been included in this movie's original script.

Quick

Banned
I think we all expect Cosmo and Adam Warlock to show up at some point given the teases from Marvel.

Outside of those two, we're looking at Bug, Mantis, Jack Flag, Major Victory, Moondragon, and Phyla as possible additions. That is if Gunn sticks mostly to the Abnett/Lanning team although he could pull from the classic Guardians roster as well like with Yondu.

From that list, I think Bug and Mantis stand the best shot. Both were members of Star-Lord's original team in the series, and Mantis in particular was a pretty important character in the storyline with the whole
helping Quill mind control the team thing.
As for Bug, him being in the original script makes me think that Marvel intends to use him at some point.

Marvel doesn't have Bug's rights, unfortunately.

Mantis has to be in the second movie, though.

Showaddy

Gunn's already confirmed they can't use Bug as they don't have the rights, that's why he got pulled originally.

I can see them merging Moondragon & Mantis now that Drax is a green alien dude.

Cosmo & Adam seem like safe bets for the sequel; especially Adam as he's such a huge part of the comic book run and there's like a whole films worth of material just with him.

Gartooth

Marvel doesn't have Bug's rights, unfortunately.

Mantis has to be in the second movie, though.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt!? :(

Maybe that's why he didn't make it into the final movie... I know he was originally based off a toy or something but that Marvel just modified the character into "Bug" as we know him and kept using the character from there.

Hearing Gunn say that he wanted Bug in as well really stings.

Knowing Bug is out and Gunn wants more female characters on the team, I think Mantis has the best chance out of all of them. (ignoring Cosmo and Warlock)

Gartooth

Does anyone with more knowledge on the character than myself think that he might have been included in the Fantastic Four license? I think I heard that is what happened to the Badoon and why they were replaced with the Sakaraan.

So, I just finished watching Slither again and I had forgotten just how enjoyable and fun it is. The tone is perfect and the characters are just so loveable.

Right after I finished watching it I saw the first commercial for Guardians of the Galaxy here in Australia...my hype level is dangerously high. HNNNNG!

Hystzen

I want a simple joke credit scene

Have them getting ready in the classic comic blue outfits for rocket and Starlord even that mask he has.

While they walk down corridor rocket is shouting out names for the team while rest team like no no no etc

Rocket stopss and says doubt you can think anything better star lord turns and boom black screen with guardians logo

Wurst

Have them getting ready in the classic comic blue outfits for rocket and Starlord even that mask he has.

While they walk down corridor rocket is shouting out names for the team while rest team like no no no etc

Rocket stopss and says doubt you can think anything better star lord turns and boom black screen with guardians logo

I.. don't get it.
I'd love to have that classic sequence of (Annihilation: Conquest Spoiler)
Rocket in a tank top watering the sprout of Groot. That'd require Groot getting destroyed, though. I guess the reviewers would've told us by now.

Quick

Banned

This would be good.

Rocket: "What about...The Avengers?"
Quill: "Pretty sure that's already taken."

Wurst

they're talking about what to name themselves.

guardians of the galaxy logo pops up, implying that star lord came up with the name for their team.

Ha yes, would be fun! Although they call themselves GotG so many times in the trailers, I doubt they can stretch the naming process into the post-credits.
Would be cool in the middle of the movie, though. Hope it happens.

TEJ

Ha yes, would be fun! Although they call themselves GotG so many times in the trailers, I doubt they can stretch the naming process into the post-credits.
Would be cool in the middle of the movie, though. Hope it happens.

i've heard that a few of the lines from the trailers aren't in the movie.

This might be a bad idea, my jokes are pretty bad.

I think that since they throw around pop culture references around so casually it should go like

"Star Lord is talking to Rocket about raccoons on earth, and casually mentions the wuzzles

Rocket is confused, and star lord says it was a show made by Disney. Star Lord then jokingly states that Rocket should go work for them.

Rocket then says
why the fuck would I do that?
"

Top Bottom