• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Xamdou

4XMUpqw.gif

First time I saw him was on Wanted

Damn Charles Xavier laid the smack down on StarLord!

Wtf? Not serious right?
Totally serious. My wife felt the same way. Seriously, what is the appeal of the movie? The acting, dialogue, and story were all horrible. Nothing made any sense with the characters all being unlikable creeps with no development whatsoever.

So the marketing push for GOTG has clearly just ramped into overdrive.

I'm seeing TV ads all over the place, and they're sponsoring UFC on Fox right now. Marvel goin in

Meant to post this here.
I don't know much about the movie. Only had watched the first trailer and IGN's review but I'm excited.

I just drew my version of Rocket Raccoon, can't wait for the movie.

AKVBHq1.jpg

Can't believe Marvel already announced a sequel, they must be really confident in this movie. After Captain Two, I have high hopes.

TEJ

I think I feel like I really belong in gotg-gaf. I tried to be a part of Nolangaf but most people there are way too cynical. I tried to be a part of super-gaf but after mos was met with mostly malice I lost my way.

but with gotg-gaf, most are friendly, down to earth, and generally happy people. They've shown someone like me, who had almost no knowledge of the comic 6 months ago an incredibly warm welcome. and that means a lot to me.

Marvels been hitting it out of the park lately. Seems like two great movies in a row this year. (Cap 2 and now probably Guardians of the Galaxy). I didn't like thor 1 & 2, cap 1, iron man 2 & 3, and The Incredible Hulk much ( I only really liked Avengers and Iron Man 1 before this year) but they're really getting back on track for me now.

I think I feel like I really belong in gotg-gaf. I tried to be a part of Nolangaf but most people there are way too cynical. I tried to be a part of super-gaf but after mos was met with mostly malice I lost my way.

but with gotg-gaf, most are friendly, down to earth, and generally happy people. They've shown someone like me, who had almost no knowledge of the comic 6 months ago an incredibly warm welcome. and that means a lot to me.

I feel exactly the same way about GuardiansGAF, breh :)

So with Guardians 2 being legit confirmed what do we think the end credits of Guardians 1 will be?

Probably very unlikely that it involves Nova, but will it lead in to Guardians 2 or Avengers?
I'm thinking it's gonna be the Age of Ultron comic con footage.

So with Guardians 2 being legit confirmed what do we think the end credits of Guardians 1 will be?

Probably very unlikely that it involves Nova, but will it lead in to Guardians 2 or Avengers?

Hoping it's the team getting a transmission of some sort tying them to earth happenings and setting off for it

Neoxon

Yeah. I also now know neoxon, who will be the first gaffer I ever meet outside of the internet. He could have easily declined my request to see the film with him and a few others but he said yes without hesitation.

Of course there's you, who I think is pretty cool too.
What can I say, I'm a nice guy.

And I'm glad GuardiansGAF is as awesome as it is.

Dalek

I seriously can't believe Gaurdians 2 has been announced before the first one is even released! What a world we live in!

Showaddy

Gunn said they've got a scene which is all theirs; i.e. purely Cosmic related so it's got to be something involving new team members like Cosmo & Adam Warlock or a Nova scene.

Yeah. I also now know neoxon, who will be the first gaffer I ever meet outside of the internet. He could have easily declined my request to see the film with him and a few others but he said yes without hesitation.

Of course there's you, who I think is pretty cool too.

image.php

Neoxon, that is so cool, breh.

v1lla21

My schedule got changed again so now I have time to watch the movie on Thursday night! :D so damn happy. About to buy tickets for my gf and 2 little cousins.

Gotg 2 announcement sent my hype for the first movie through the roof. I got a good feeling about gotg doing great the Box office.

witness

Well got the wife convinced to go now after I showed her rottentomatoes. I'm so surprised and happy, she hasn't liked any marvel movie since Avengers though so I am worried.

Totally serious. My wife felt the same way. Seriously, what is the appeal of the movie? The acting, dialogue, and story were all horrible. Nothing made any sense with the characters all being unlikable creeps with no development whatsoever.

Congrats on finding your soullessmate.

TEJ

Aww, thanks.

Anyway, the sequel confirmation brought my hype through the roof.

I'm going to start reading some gotg trade paperbacks, first being the vol 1 of the 2008 run they're releasing on august 12th.

I'm also going to buy the deluxe version of the soundtrack

and i'm going to start watching parks and rec.

when I go to disneyworld next year i'll be sure to buy some gotg merch as well.

I'm going to start reading some gotg trade paperbacks, first being the vol 1 of the 2008 run they're releasing on august 12th.

Apart from Disney World, these are my exact plans.

Quick

Banned

Apart from Disney World, these are my exact plans.

Read the 2008 series? Check.

Soundtrack purchase? If the score is available separately, yes.

Watching Parks and Rec? Already do.

Disney World? Maybe in the near future.

Which Disney World park would be the best for GOTG stuff? Merchandise would be in every park, but in terms of anything like themed rides or areas.

Everyone knows this as well.
QD03kno.png

I don't mind the Bendis run.

Symphonic

Read the 2008 series? Check.

Soundtrack purchase? If the score is available separately, yes.

Watching Parks and Rec? Already do.

Disney World? Maybe in the near future.

Which Disney World park would be the best for GOTG stuff? Merchandise would be in every park, but in terms of anything like themed rides or areas.

I don't mind the Bendis run.

Not going to be much in the way of attractions for GotG. Universal has a lock in theme park rights for Marvel properties as far as I know.

Top Bottom