• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess that soundtrack! SNES Edition

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Bloody hell, just how many SNES games had Moonlight Sonata in them then!

This is a total guess as I never played it, but Beethoven's 2nd? Seems quite likely to have Beethoven music in.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Mama Smurf said:
Bloody hell, just how many SNES games had Moonlight Sonata in them then!

This is a total guess as I never played it, but Beethoven's 2nd? Seems quite likely to have Beethoven music in.

haha! someone finally took the hint ;)

Mama Smurf

I am fucking shit at this music thing! I'm not even sure that was Moonlight Sonata now I think about it.

God, I'm so bad at Nintendo music pre-N64. Apparently I can't remember that far back. I recognise so many of them, but just can't place them.

EDIT: Yes! I finished 831st on the leader board.

God I was lame. In fairness I haven't even played a good number of the games on the list, but I couldn't even match up half the tunes I did know, so it's no excuse.

LakeEarth

Mama Smurf said:
God, I'm so bad at Nintendo music pre-N64. Apparently I can't remember that far back. I recognise so many of them, but just can't place them.

Yeah... sometimes I just wanna know the answer instead of guessing, cause then you get it wrong and you still don't know what the right answer was.

DopeyFish

Sample 3 was from Bonkers
Sample 6 was from 100% Cotton :D
Sample 9 was from Winter Olympic games 1994 (you know, lillehammer or whatever)
Sample 11 was from Power Rangers
Sample 15 was from Tuff E Nuff
Sample 21 was from Joe & Mac
Sample 23 was from Stone Protectors
Sample 25 was from Phalanx (you were getting close :D)
Sample 29 was from Dragon: Story of Bruce Lee
Sample 31 was from Doom Troopers
Sample 36 was from *drumroll* Animaniacs :)
Sample 44 was from Donald Duck
Sample 45 was from Power Rangers: The Movie
and I'm from the planet mars.

DopeyFish said:
Sample 25 was from Phalanx (you were getting close :D)

GAH! I knew you were going to stick a Phalanx sample in there. If only the game wasn't so forgettable compared to all of the other SNES shooters...

EDIT: Anyhow, great guessing game DF

Fularu

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
GAH! I knew you were going to stick a Phalanx sample in there. If only the game wasn't so forgettable compared to all of the other SNES shooters...

*cough* almost all SNES shooters were forgetable, especially the Konami crap :p

**runs

DopeyFish

Crazymoogle said:

thanks :) i'm gonna work on another one that will cover a lot of platforms with about 1000 samples... however, that would make all of them about 250 megs combined so i gotta work out another means of posting the samples :p

Mama Smurf

I hope you'll include plenty of stuff from newer systems as well as old, lots of these games seem to focus on the 16 bit era and earlier, it's almost like the creators think including music from a recent game is too easy.

I don't mind quizzes on older music, even if I suck at them, I just like variety.

DopeyFish

oh i'm working on variety alright. it's just hard tracking down some soundtracks especially of newer games

Mama Smurf

I think so, but it'll help out with the file size problem. Most are good enough to recognize as the music they're meant to be.

Top Bottom