• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what all should I be working on for the events? Just the achievements? What is the lodestone for?
Ah, looks like the lodestone just points to the events. no need to farm it, then.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what all should I be working on for the events? Just the achievements? What is the lodestone for?
Ah, looks like the lodestone just points to the events. no need to farm it, then.
Nah, it just points you to them, no real value. I just want to get one before I go to the events cause I'm weird like that.

mikeGFG

Banned
I fired up GW2 on a whim late last night, and got Zap out of the Mystic Forge. :D

And then some dude in map chat randomly gifted me a Magic Carpet.

Life is good right now.

Reading map chat in Malchor's today while people struggle to do the daily JP is pretty hilarious. It's the orb JP, can you imagine doing that with like 50 other people, god that would suck

Reading map chat in Malchor's today while people struggle to do the daily JP is pretty hilarious. It's the orb JP, can you imagine doing that with like 50 other people, god that would suck

That JP was bug for me i gave the fuck up, i got all the orbs and still couldn't open the final chest, they even made it easier than the first time i ran it thanks to gliding in the JP..

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I remember that JP.

I finished it and never looked back.

Why use that JP for daily when there's an easier one baffles me. You'd think the daily ones are the shorter JPs.

Speaking of which I seriously need to do Troll's Revenge and Griffonrook Run.

The greatest thing I've ever won came in the mail today:

1zyWl6v.jpg

aBU6drT.jpg

The pieces are a bit fragile though - going to need some superglue to straighten one of the wings out. But man, once it's sturdy, I can't wait to plug it in.

Retro

Might want to blur his phone and e-mail address on that card there... unless it's a business card and he wants that out there. /shrug

Clearos

I know GAF has pre-assigned raid times that unfortunately I can't make.

Any members on late at night 11pm-1am EST that would want to work on making a weekly raid? Been trying to look around to find a group that would run at that time and they are few and far between and already have a set 10 man and subs.

Any members on late at night 11pm-1am EST that would want to work on making a weekly raid? Been trying to look around to find a group that would run at that time and they are few and far between and already have a set 10 man and subs.

I'm available for that time slot for the entire summer, if all things stay steady.

Ashodin

Waves*

Quenk

Try looking for groups late in the week. That's when you're more likely to find a teaching group since they've already done their weekly clear.

Edit: I'm pretty sure GAF doesn't have pre-assigned raid times

Retro

Edit: I'm pretty sure GAF doesn't have pre-assigned raid times

This is correct. We purposely do not have any kind of official guild raid group because not everyone would be able to participate. Guild Missions (which everyone can attend) are the only thing we schedule; 9pm EDT Saturdays and Makeup missions at 3pm EDT Sundays.

it's so hard to make a nice leather armor set that looks thief-ish, I've found. My thief being an asura doesn't help.

I guess we're doing a Medium Armor fashion show now;

Rangers:
6eV0bgA.jpg

teQDfEx.jpg

Awww yeah, look at that bear ass.

Engineers:
fz5fUcL.jpg

dDzDVpW.jpg

Thief (Low-level Asuran one isn't in anything special):
rDmQrpu.jpg

I'm also down for forming a Raid group to learn and grow with. I've been wanting to do so but it seemed so tough to put 10 people together and LFG only asks for experienced players.

I'm also down for forming a Raid group to learn and grow with. I've been wanting to do so but it seemed so tough to put 10 people together and LFG only asks for experienced players.

My friend has quit raiding, the general pug situation is fucking terrible, they are asking to ping raid currency or be kicked, they looking for perfection, and if you fuck up once, they kick you or put all the blame on you, Anet really botched this shit to hell for a casual gamer..

I don't raid because i know this type of shit would happen..

My friend has quit raiding, the general pug situation is fucking terrible, they are asking to ping raid currency or be kicked, they looking for perfection, and if you fuck up once, they kick you or put all the blame on you, Anet really botched this shit to hell for a casual gamer..

I don't raid because i know this type of shit would happen..

Damn, Raid currency? hahaha that's pathetic. Anet should just separate the LFG for it into two tiers, one labeled experienced runs and the other novice or learning. I bet you'd get solid participation for the latter if there was a category dedicated to it.

I basically decided to wait until I found a newbie request in LFG or people in here starting showing interest in forming a group. Sounds like there's an attempt of the latter now so I'm down.

Quenk

Damn, Raid currency? hahaha that's pathetic. Anet should just separate the LFG for it into two tiers, one labeled experienced runs and the other novice or learning. I bet you'd get solid participation for the latter if there was a category dedicated to it.

I basically decided to wait until I found a newbie request in LFG or people in here starting showing interest in forming a group. Sounds like there's an attempt of the latter now so I'm down.

It's not really a currency. They're asking for people to ping the item that drops from every boss kill. It's the main way to show how experienced you are with raids. Groups looking for a boss kill or wing clear are going to look for experienced players most of the time. There may be jerks sometimes but that isn't exclusive to raids.

I don't really feel like they need to split the LFG again. Making it group looking for more and person looking for group seems to work well. I've seen some learning groups later on in the week. I've also seen reddit threads where people have organized groups for teaching and guilds that have been recruiting players wanting to get into raiding.

welding torch skin is so sick. Struggling to find an axe that I like for under 100g (most of which are 200+...). I hate the black lion ticket scrap system.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey guild, taking my nephew to see Civil War so I will be a fair bit late for missions tonight. Feel free to get started without me if someone is around and willing to lead. If not I will do whatever possible when I get back in. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm guild is pretty silent today, so I guess late missions then?
Looks like a few got done. Guess it was a quiet night. Just got home, movie was long!

I'm finding easy Trek spots now (not that it's hard to do on your own) if anyone is interested :)

Boss Doggie

Julian Prismfang a.k.a. Sailor Tyria is old and busted. It's time for me to give him a makeover.

My mesmer's new do is the one on the right!

NMYk8XN.jpg

Hedge

Julian Prismfang a.k.a. Sailor Tyria is old and busted. It's time for me to give him a makeover.

My mesmer's new do is the one on the right!

NMYk8XN.jpg

This makes me want to play again and roll a charr. But I always end up deleting them, because their armor just fits them so terribly. If only there was a bare-chested and no-shoes (and no, invisible shoes for 3k gold doesn't count) option for light armor, then I'd be rolling a charr mesmer so fast!

Spyware

I think charr look good in a bunch of stuff. I dislike most shoes tho but they have such great cultural armor that it doesn't matter.

How can you dislike these light armor cultural shoes? :O

Boss Doggie

culture light pants are annoying though, they are skirt with underwear, and I am not comfy with that being worn

I'm regularly very impressed with some charrr player's outfits. However, I think that's largely because I'm so bad at making my own. My poor engineer is damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom