• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah been reviewing my zerkwarrior

So I'm sticking Strength and Berserker, should I swap out Arms for Discipline or Tactics?

Yes. Tactics for Phalanx, discipline for solo.
Strength/Tactics/Berserker is the obvious choice for groups, but vanilla Warrior is still the best solo greatsword build, in my opinion. Strength/Arms/Discipline gives you Signet Mastery, Furious, Warrior's Sprint, Fast Hands, Inspiring Battle Standard, and quite a few other handy bits, and those together are a lot better than the few % damage traits Berserker gives you.

Strength/Discipline/Berserker leaves you short on Fury since optimally Signet of Rage has to be dropped for Head Butt for Adrenaline, and you spend most of your time using Arc Divider instead of Arcing Slice, removing another source of Fury. You can give up Signet of Might for "For Great Justice!" for more Fury, or use "To The Limit!" for Adrenaline and keep Signet of Rage, but you start getting so far off the target build you almost have to ask why are you even bothering. Honestly, the best Strength/Discipline/Berserker build would probably be one using dual Axes for Fury and Axe Mastery for Adrenaline gain, keeping Signet of Rage on the Elite skill, but Axe DPS is in a not so great spot right now, so again you have to ask why are you bothering with it.

Strength/Arms/Berserker is the best solo DPS theoretically, and lets you use Signet of Rage since you have Furious for Adrenaline gain, but you lose a lot of quality of life without Discipline. You can sort of make up for Warrior's Sprint if you use the Signet and Warhorn for Swiftness, but it's not an enjoyable thing to keep up with in the jungle. You can't really make up for the loss of Fast Hands; camping greatsword is a death sentence during most semi-challenging events. You need to be able to swap to a ranged weapon or a defensive set like Mace/Shield (which is my favorite swap for Break Bar management anyway).

As an alternative to Strength/Arms/Discipline, I also recommend Strength/Defense/Discipline solo for a vast survivability boost. Healing Signet, Adrenal Health, and Regeneration add to over 1000 HP per second of healing, and Cleansing Ire is still the best condi cleanse you've got. There's tons of other stuff on Defense too, most of it buffed recently, so while it's not "optimal" or "meta", it's a sight more enjoyable to actually play in a number of situations.

On my phone at work so it's tough to do a proper search in the thread and Googling hasn't helped: is the living story season two still available for purchase? I have a coworker recently into the game and he swears he doesn't see it in the store and when I hopped on the other night I didn't see it but thought it could be because I already bought it awhile back. Was it removed?

Everything online is last dated September when it went on sale. Can't find anything else about it.

Thanks!

Oh, and I intend to come back tonight or very soon. Any chance j could get invited back to the guild? Account should be under Wibblewozzer,
I believe.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
suddenly my connection with GW2 went into fritz, having high ping

it wasn't the case yesterday so I don't know what happened

Spyware

On my phone at work so it's tough to do a proper search in the thread and Googling hasn't helped: is the living story season two still available for purchase? I have a coworker recently into the game and he swears he doesn't see it in the store and when I hopped on the other night I didn't see it but thought it could be because I already bought it awhile back. Was it removed?

Everything online is last dated September when it went on sale. Can't find anything else about it.

Thanks!
My second account can see it in the store, it's in the Upgrade section :)

I sacrificed one Legend for another, Bifrost is done...woot, made 11 Legends, got 10..finally double digits, got 900g ready to make another, just don't know which one i want, might waste my money on Ascended gear..

I think you can still buy it, by going through the story journal, not the store? I own it so I can't properly check.

My second account can see it in the store, it's in the Upgrade section :)

Thanks for the replies. And I was wrong on my account name if that's what's needed for the guild invite as I'm LordWibble.8196

Edit: And I just purchased Heart of Thorns so I expect I'll be playing a bit more frequently again as I get back into it. I really liked what I played before and I have a ton to do.

Boss Doggie

So after Nevermore II and crafting the components for III, I won't be crafting anymore right?

Am I going to be free from this elder wood madness?

Taffer

Guild hall upgrade update: Aetherium storage max is close to ready, we just need 700 elder wood. Storage runes are taken care of.

Are we buying the last two Mining Rate upgrades? We're never waiting on Aetherium to finish paying for an upgrade so unless we're desperate for XP I think we can do without them.
If we are ignoring them then we only need 50 Ley Line Infused Tools total to pay for Further Exploration and not the full 200 that donation dude is asking for and anyone making tools to donate should watch that they don't give more than we'll use.

Retro

Thanks for the replies. And I was wrong on my account name if that's what's needed for the guild invite as I'm LordWibble.8196

Invite sent!

Are we buying the last two Mining Rate upgrades? We're never waiting on Aetherium to finish paying for an upgrade so unless we're desperate for XP I think we can do without them.
If we are ignoring them then we only need 50 Ley Line Infused Tools total to pay for Further Exploration and not the full 200 that donation dude is asking for and anyone making tools to donate should watch that they don't give more than we'll use.

I figured we'd go for Further Exploration next, since that supposedly opens up the areas you have to cheat to get into now. That said, there's not really a lot worth doing in those areas besides putting (overpriced, non-interactive) decorations. The halls are just too big and not 'gameplay'-y enough, in my opinion; they look nice and that's about it.

Mining Rate, I'm not really sure we need either considering how often we're topped off on Aetherium. I say the next big upgrades should be the gathering nodes, since that's something everyone can use and benefit from.

Invite sent!
Thanks! I work evenings so I'll hop on later tonight to get back into things.

My main character is a fairly fresh 80 hanging out at the start of the Living World Season Two quest thing. Is there a handy guide of stuff to do for someone that hits 80? I saw there's some Scarlet story thing and there's the Heart of Thorns story stuff (which I'll probably start tonight). Just not sure what else I should be looking to do. I may try out other classes and start leveling another one to see how that goes.

Invite sent!

I figured we'd go for Further Exploration next, since that supposedly opens up the areas you have to cheat to get into now. That said, there's not really a lot worth doing in those areas besides putting (overpriced, non-interactive) decorations. The halls are just too big and not 'gameplay'-y enough, in my opinion; they look nice and that's about it.

Mining Rate, I'm not really sure we need either considering how often we're topped off on Aetherium. I say the next big upgrades should be the gathering nodes, since that's something everyone can use and benefit from.
Improving the workshop will take a fair amount of elonian leather and a LOT of linseed. But otherwise we're there.

Elder wood is taken care of for the capacity upgrade, so any officers feel free to activate it.

The projectiles from the new shortbow legendary are affected by the bobblehead lab.

tumblr_o6elpoZme11u5kqxwo1_500.png

lol

Boss Doggie

Man I love how Blazeridge Steppes map chat went all orgasmic when Smash the Dragon was done.

Speaking of maps, I wish Orr maps would adapt HoT maps. I feel like HoT is the "events only no Renown Hearts" done right, as it has prizes and the events are engaging.

The projectiles from the new shortbow legendary are affected by the bobblehead lab.

tumblr_o6elpoZme11u5kqxwo1_500.png

lol

perfect

spiritfox

What's a good place to farm Incandescent Dust? I thought dungeons dropped a lot but it seems that they nerfed dust drops there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Congratulations Quenk, I think Incinerator is one of the coolest legendaries. Probably my second or third favorite.

I am gonna start doing Monday Night Dungeon Fun Run Trains! The objective will be to start off with a fresh card and run 8 paths like BAM to get everyone a Dungeoneering chest in one sitting. There are enough quick paths that we can mix it up a bit from week to week too. Stay tuned for more details and sign-ups to come soon.

Desert maps seemed okay to me, though the linearity of some of the roads (as in, you had to be on the road to attack, due to high cliffs on the sides) was boring.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-May-3-2016

05/03/16 – May 03 Release Notes

GENERAL
The expiration of open-world maps when new builds are released now permits players to remain in open-world maps for two hours. Previously, players were kicked after one hour.
Fixed a bug that caused some UI elements to be blurry. This was very noticeable on the PvP league division UI and the compass.
Fixed a bug in which achievements that progressed from the same action as their prerequisites would sometimes receive an extra point when unlocking. This caused players to gain extra progress for the division-crossing PvP league achievements.
Faction Provisioner markers no longer stick to the edge of the compass in Heart of Maguuma maps.
The compass in Black Citadel, Divinity’s Reach, and Hoelbrak now includes the option to change floors to Tyria’s upper level, surface, and underground to aid navigation to different levels of other maps.
The Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative in the Lion’s Arch Aerodrome now correctly sells Chests of Medium Coats.
“Torn from the Sky”: Fixed a bug that caused a stall when players collected turret parts.
Magic energy has been surging around the ley lines.

PROFESSION SKILLS
Mesmer
Signet of Humility: Reduced the moa transform duration of this skill from 10 seconds to 6 seconds. The defiance-bar damage has not been changed.
Revenant
Rite of the Great Dwarf: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to reduce damage additively rather than multiplicatively while under the effects of a trait.
Surge of the Mists: Reduced the damage of this skill by 15%.
Thief
Unload: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to apply 5 seconds of might instead of the intended 8 seconds of might.

STRUCTURED PLAYER VS. PLAYER
Dishonor
Players will be considered disconnected until they finish loading. This prevents some cases where players see teammates who are gone for longer than 2 minutes but still lose progress for the match.
Polish
Player profession markers on the compass will now always layer above secondary objectives.

WORLD VS. WORLD
General
Reduced the duration of Chilling Fog from 1 minute to 30 seconds.
Reduced the duration of Emergency Waypoint from 1 minute to 30 seconds.
Reduced the duration of stealth applied by Cloaking Waters from 1 minute to 15 seconds.
Reduced the duration of Airship Defense from 3 minutes to 2 minutes.
Reduced the damage of Airship Defense explosions by 20%.
Added a red-ring indicator that now appears 1 second before an Airship Defense explosion triggers.
Removed experience gain for crafting siege weapons.
Eternal Battlegrounds
Halved the number of ambient creatures (deer, drakes, wolves, etc.).
Disabled the “Thin the local mosquito population” event.
Disabled the periodic dolyak caravan ambushes.
Alpine Borderlands
The Alpine borderlands map has been rotated back into play.
Updated map content to be consistent with existing WvW maps.
Sentries now detect and mark enemy players on the map.
Original resource nodes have been removed. Resource synthesizer nodes now exist inside objectives.
Objectives now have capture-point decals.
Objective lords now have health scaling.
Objectives now upgrade based on dolyak caravan deliveries.
Objectives now support the updated guild-claiming and guild-objective upgrades systems.
Disabled Commander Siegerazer’s breakout events.
Cultural armor vendors have been added at the team citadel areas.
Dolyak caravans now jog rather than walk.
Dolyak caravans now gain the Protected Caravan effect when allied players are nearby.
Players can no longer rally by killing basic creatures.
Halved the number of ambient creatures (deer, drakes, wolves, etc.).
Desert Borderlands
The Desert borderlands map has been rotated out of play.
Camps: Reduced the number of base guards from 4 to 3.
Camps: Base guards are now a combination of both scouts and guards.
Camps: Guards have been moved inside the capture circle.
Southeast Camp: Fixed a bug in which the guards weren’t sharing hate properly.
North Camp: The capture point’s size has been increased, and it is now rectangular.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
For a limited time, Boxes o’ Fun are stuffed with temporary travel toys for the first two minutes after appearing. This may be canceled by the owner. Boxes o’ Fun are located in the Toys category of the Gem Store for 80 gems each.
A new Macaw Wings Glider Combo is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
A new Blue Shift Dye Kit with 9 exclusive colors is now available in the Special category of the Gem Store for 125 gems.
Improvements
Travel toys (the Magic Carpet, the Riding Broom, and the Sonic Tunneling Tool) will now restart automatically when moving outside of combat if the player hasn’t used the stop skill or changed maps.
The Box o’ Fun’s celebration mode now grants both dance and fireworks together instead of separately.
The Box o’ Fun now grants the owner an adjustment tool immediately if the owner is not holding any other bundles.
The Box o’ Fun no longer knocks down the owner when granting an adjustment tool.

"Magic energy has been surging around the ley lines."

Get hyped.

Applicable information from that_shaman's data-mining:
Miscellaneous
[&AgGUMwEAAA==] Crystallized Ley-Energy
1433486_0219 There's been a surge of energy throughout the ley-lines. Various dragon minions have been reacting to it...hungrily.

xeris

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4hglml/beginner_raid_guide_revised/

A raid guide daring to ask people to assemble appropriate builds, read guides, and watch videos before raiding is somehow managing to get an overwhelmingly positive response from readers, including two different ANet employees.

Must be nice. ^_^

You're really still whining about that?

Edit: Read the link. It has zippy to do with why I, and I'm pretty sure the others, were getting on your case.

The "magic energy has been surging around the ley lines" stuff has turned out to be a few new small events dealing with Branded/Icebrood/Destroyer dragon minions, so everyone should try to check them out. There are several achievements tied to all of it too.

It's not much, but it's enough to get even me logging in. I did all three Ley Line events in the three zones, and finished up the "out of five" just for completeness. I hope this leads into something meaty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom