• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

I've been so busy farming I've got multiple mastery lines maxed out and no mastery points to use.

Guess I need to go play the game, or something.

Quenk

I think I got 7k XP yesterday with a full kill streak and food just for two-hitting three level 14 Moas. Gonna have to go hunt some packs of pocket raptors tonight and see what I can get with 20 of those little bastards, should be decent.

A lot of that exp was probably because they've been on the map for a while. People probably kill pocket raptors more often than moas.

Anno

A lot of that exp was probably because they've been on the map for a while. People probably kill pocket raptors more often than moas.

Yeah. ive found a couple places where people don't come around too much though that they sometimes survive a bit. Especially at night in VB. Also a lot of people seem to just run away from them. But yeah maybe some of the more out of the way things in AB would be more likely.

Taffer

I've burned through a bunch of enchanted combat boosts by selecting the xp boost at the top of the menu that appears without reading the tooltip. It's an xp booster, that's what I want right? No, it's a killstreak booster and it only lasts 20 minutes.
Free booster woooooo! I will select the proper option this time and enjoy an entire hour of boostiness. The other gift is not as attractive right now but the freebies were only ever going to be cheap gemstore stuff so whatever.

I've burned through a bunch of enchanted combat boosts by selecting the xp boost at the top of the menu that appears without reading the tooltip. It's an xp booster, that's what I want right? No, it's a killstreak booster and it only lasts 20 minutes.
Free booster woooooo! I will select the proper option this time and enjoy an entire hour of boostiness. The other gift is not as attractive right now but the freebies were only ever going to be cheap gemstore stuff so whatever.

I run killstreak booster (which shows up as yellow in the list) and the regular XP booster (which shows up as blue). The two of them combined, with a Laurel Xp booster and some food, makes short work of any XP requirement for a mastery. I'm shocked they even let you stack +XP boosts that high.

Wanderer5

I run killstreak booster (which shows up as yellow in the list) and the regular XP booster (which shows up as blue). The two of them combined, with a Laurel Xp booster and some food, makes short work of any XP requirement for a mastery. I'm shocked they even let you stack +XP boosts that high.

*Takes note*

I could use that sometime. x.x

I think the highest you can go on XP boost, using the various consumables still available:

XP boost + Killstreak + Celebration + Ram's Reward (firework) + Nourishment + Utility + Guild XP banner + Guild Bonus + Achivement Reward XP gain.

There are still plenty of Lunar fireworks on the TP, I think:

Exploding Draketail (5m)
Prismatic Rocket (5m)
Lunar New Year Firework (5m)
Great Guild Firework (5m)
Visage of the Great Ram Firework (10m)

They can all be stacked for a duration of 2 hours.

The wiki says "Theoretically, the maximum possible amount of bonus experience is currently +558%". But that also includes WvW bonuses and maxed out account bonuses.

It takes a bit of prepwork, but if you mash up all the XP boosters and hit some nice event chains, well... I don't get how people complain about levelling masteries, honestly.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
As a new player that just beat the Personal Story and got their first character to 80 - is buying the Living World Season 2 worth it?

Am I missing out on anything if I don't? I thought the personal story was just OK. It dragged on towards the end and I was ready for it to be over. Not sure if should mess with it or just jump in to HoT.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
As a new player that just beat the Personal Story and got their first character to 80 - is buying the Living World Season 2 worth it?

Am I missing out on anything if I don't? I thought the personal story was just OK. It dragged on towards the end and I was ready for it to be over. Not sure if should mess with it or just jump in to HoT.

I liked it a lot. And the HoT stuff is a direct continuation of it. The achievements for it were fun too and gave out nifty rewards.

I didn't buy it with real money though, I grinded the gold for the gems in SW

Anno

I think it's worth the price. It's generally quite a bit better than the personal story, has some cool gameplay and some fun achievements. It also leads directly into the HoT story.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I think it's worth the price. It's generally quite a bit better than the personal story, has some cool gameplay and some fun achievements. It also leads directly into the HoT story.

I liked it a lot. And the HoT stuff is a direct continuation of it. The achievements for it were fun too and gave out nifty rewards.

I didn't buy it with real money though, I grinded the gold for the gems in SW

Damn. I was afraid of that. I wanted to get HoT started but it kind of sounds like LW2 should be done. Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Is there a way to continue getting Mastery Points while doing living world s2? Right now my EP is stuck at 635k/635k because I have yet to activate mastery via HoT story. If I activate it can I further earn EP via LWS2? I hope that makes sense.

Anno

Damn. I was afraid of that. I wanted to get HoT started but it kind of sounds like LW2 should be done. Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Is there a way to continue getting Mastery Points while doing living world s2? Right now my EP is stuck at 635k/635k because I have yet to activate mastery via HoT story. If I activate it can I further earn EP via LWS2? I hope that makes sense.

I would assume so. You unlock masteries pretty much right away in the HoT story, so maybe pop in, do the first mission to unlock that and then you should be able to work your way towards the Central Tyria masteries while you go through S2. Unless you're really worried about story spoilers.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I would assume so. You unlock masteries pretty much right away in the HoT story, so maybe pop in, do the first mission to unlock that and then you should be able to work your way towards the Central Tyria masteries while you go through S2. Unless you're really worried about story spoilers.

Im going to see if that works. I dont mind the spoilers but I do mind my EP being stuck at some arbitrary leve cap.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

If you describe the personal story as "OK" I think you'll probably rather enjoy LS season 2. I thought the Personal Story was downright awful. :p

If you want to dive into HoT, you could always do so until you have a few questions you wouldn't mind getting answered and then jump back into the LS episodes to actually see what happened.

leng jai

s4HFP1B.png
Hope Secret Santa gets me this.

docbon

Yeah, I threw up a LFR on the group finder and managed to get into a sweet group. Killed it on our third try, and then did the section leading up to Gorseval. We didn't have a good team comp for him, so we ended it there. It was really fun though.

Seems like GAFers that have completed VG, they pugged it. I only know of Docbon and Lump.

Must be an awesome feeling taking these bosses down finally.

spiritfox

Be nice if there be some schedule runs. I look into working on my rev for raids.

Maybe we can schedule some raid times, so if anyone wants to raid there's a time where you can get on and find other people who want to. That way we don't have to have set raid groups but can still get interested people to form a party and try the raid.

After Sat or Sun guild missions may be a good time, since there will be a lot of people on.

The rng on the leystone armor is getting on my nerves. I don't know how many times I've done the DS meta and haven't got anything from it or the pods or I just get repeat armor. You should be able to use tokens to purchase it. Having to rely solely on rng is bad design. I heard you can run through the story again on other toons and get pieces that way, I'd rather spend a few hours on the story again rather than praying to rng gods.

Guild pretty much died after last week's OT negativity ^_^

People spoke out on how they felt about the game, game is a mess, only reason i haven't uninstall, got some faith in Anet to fix this mess, or least improve stuff, i give them 1 year to fix this game, if they don't I am fucking done..

Hedge

So I can't find the info on the wiki, but what additional rewards do the fractal masteries give at level 2 and 3? Does anyone know?

Mxrz

Finished Nightfury. Bats everywhere. Being goalless for a while is appealing. Maybe hunt for the invisible shoes.

Mxrz

Grats.

How many ToT bags did you open to get the thingy?

The endless tonic? I bought mine off the trading post a while back. That first Saturday morning of HoT I was annoyed they were as cheap as 10 gold, but then later that night they were like 500. TPing is beyond me.

Yeah, figured the shoes were rare. But the concept cracks me up. Super duper expensive shoes that no one can see. They should do a chest & leg piece too so we can walk around naked and confuse the hell out of new players.

I'm really bummed that the tonic dropped in price after Halloween ended. It only made sense for it to go up but now it's a couple hundred less value than it was at one point :( I don't even feel like I was being greedy, it only makes sense for the value to raise when it isn't available any other way haha

docbon

It only makes sense for it to go up if there's demand. Maybe everyone who's interested dumping thousands of gold into Nightwing is finished. In that case, it'll be a long while before prices increase.

I was thinking about making it but the actual effect looks pretty struggle. Just gonna grab a poly refractor and work towards the ghostly infusion instead.

Proven

From what I've been reading, demand for holiday limited items (including the simple things like the candy corn and trick-or-treat bags) always drops after the holiday ends. There's a short spike on the first few days, but because of that spike everyone drops their supply on the market and the prices fall so low that they're often lower than they were before the spike.

At that point, most people don't care anymore so the price stays down with demand staying low. That ends up being the second best time to pick up any items you want. The other best time is right when the holiday starts, when people don't know the value of all the items yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom