• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have those new wings yet? Please make me feel better with tales of wings. Also are my gold wings out yet I am on the bus and can't check yet.

You have to win 15 ranked matches afaik so it's possible to get them already maybe but I haven't seen any yet

No gold wings, sorry friend

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
You have to win 15 ranked matches afaik so it's possible to get them already maybe but I haven't seen any yet

No gold wings, sorry friend
You know that pic with the two people with wings you posted? Is that the final form out the first set? Specifically the one on the right.

Cheer me up please I had a bad day

Indignate

anigif_enhanced-11146-1404930411-4.gif

You know that pic with the two people with wings you posted? Is that the final form out the first set? Specifically the one on the right.

That's the last one I think, there's a vendor in the pvp lobby that you can preview them from. The first one is little gold wings, and they get larger as you progress, I want them

Here's a tiny koala bear for your bad day

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Eg9hNl_6e5o

Thorgal

I will be doing PVP league all evening tomorrow between 18- 24 pm server time .

Want to help me slaughter a bloody path to the top ? let me know ingame or here .

Proven

I will be doing PVP league all evening tomorrow between 18- 24 pm server time .

Want to help me slaughter a bloody path to the top ? let me know ingame or here .
I wish... tomorrow night I'm not likely back at my computer before 10PM EST.

Anyone up for Thursday?

Spyware

Huh, interesting that people don't like the new BL set. I just got all the skins because it's the first set I've liked in quite some time. Love the pistol and the axe. They look amazing. The whip-focus is such a cool idea. Now I just need a character for them... and play the game at all. Still not played since before Halloween ended :/

I've been very pleased with GW2 lately. Raids hit a difficulty sweet spot as someone who did heroics in WoW so long ago, and ranked is back and seems to have a good system built around it. Chronomancer continues to be the gift that keeps on giving too.

Proven

I've been very pleased with GW2 lately. Raids hit a difficulty sweet spot as someone who did heroics in WoW so long ago, and ranked is back and seems to have a good system built around it. Chronomancer continues to be the gift that keeps on giving too.
Feels very few people are feeling that way. I'm starting to spend more time in WvW, and I wished that it was more popular. The desert borderland are really good! And for the time being, with hardly anyone there, small group fights reign king.

Mxrz

We finally dipped a toe into raids tonight. We went pure byob, had some new to the game players, some neglected alts in greens, and still managed to get the Guardian down to around 50% despite being fairly blind on mechanics. Less difficult than I thought. But scheduling is still going to be the hardest bit. We're mostly busy (old) people so getting our 10 best geared players together on a single night is rough.

Retro

We finally dipped a toe into raids tonight. We went pure byob, had some new to the game players, some neglected alts in greens, and still managed to get the Guardian down to around 50% despite being fairly blind on mechanics. Less difficult than I thought. But scheduling is still going to be the hardest bit. We're mostly busy (old) people so getting our 10 best geared players together on a single night is rough.

5 or 6 players really seems like the sweet spot for MMO groups; any smaller and you have too few people to really build a dynamic with, any larger and it's just too difficult to wrangle that many people at a time.

Proven

Just give me another month to get on vacation and work on getting a full ascended set. As I see it, the raid is easy enough that as long as you encourage people to get around to an ascended set, or just ascended trinkets + weapon, you'll have a lot more organic groups forming in the guild on a given night. This also means I need to somehow start showing up for missions to grab commendations...

Found out just now that unlike PvP missions, you can get credit for WvW missions even after you've started the activity. In this case, the oasis event, which granted credit immediately after it was pulled since I already put in 3 cores. Thanks Khold for pulling the trigger, and Zamma Zamma for joining me.

Edit: Forgot to post this yesterday, but gw2efficiency is running a daily lottery all month long and all you have to do is enter your AccountName.#### once a day. https://gw2efficiency.com/community/lottery

Ascended gear is the least of our worries right now. Getting 10 people together, and helping everyone learn what to do and practice being able to execute it, is proving to be a rather monumental task.

That fucking top post on Reddit is disgusting and that community should be ashamed at how they treat ANET and its devs.

Colin is also giving in too quickly to Reddit crying, screw them. Now every time they are unhappy about it they will need a mega post from Colin so they can feel better about being right and continue being more shit to him and ANET in comments.

Reddit is just a bunch of 100% serious Adriaaa's.

Ascended gear is the least of our worries right now. Getting 10 people together, and helping everyone learn what to do and practice being able to execute it, is proving to be a rather monumental task.
We are also forgetting that it is the holiday season, thanksgiving (US) and Christmas coming up so a lot of people are probably extra busy with work cuz a lot of business close at the end of the year.

I'm sure we will get back to finding more people willing to run closer to Christmas and the time between Christmas and New Years. Then I hope that will continue to next year.

CrimsonN0

Hmm, so has anyone sat down and done the numbers for all the precursors to compare the price of crafting them to their TP price?

CrimsonN0

gw2bltc.com did this.
Good to know. Hmm, the Chosen is apparently only 150g to craft.
Though, it looks like not all of them have a crafting price and some seem to be totally wrong. I'm pretty sure if the Hunter/Engergizer was only 20/30g to craft I'd see way more of them.

spiritfox

Though, it looks like not all of them have a crafting price and some seem to be totally wrong. I'm pretty sure if the Hunter/Engergizer was only 20/30g to craft I'd see way more of them.

I think the Hunter was bugged until yesterday.

Quenk

Oh. Maybe they didn't do all of them.

I really only like the very first "tier" of the wings, but I can't figure out at all how to get started.

Play ranked pvp, as soon as you win a game you'll unlock a collection. You complete the rest of the collection by doing well in ranked pvp (killing 30 players, winning some number of games, etc)

Proven

I really only like the very first "tier" of the wings, but I can't figure out at all how to get started.
For whatever reason, there's also a vendor that sells you each tier of the back piece using the tickets you get from crossing over a division as currency.

As for the current league system overall, I could make a blog post about it. Short version: I overall like it. I'm glad the base encouragement is "play three games a day," (Edit: This is important! It's not win three games a day but play) and I think it was smart to make most of the divisions easy to get into for a majority of the player base. In some ways, especially with the repeatable final division, it's like they added a bonus reward track, or you can see it similar to prestige levels in Call of Duty. And at the end, there is a leaderboard for guilds which works like a grandmaster league for the system.

Complaints will come later.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
For whatever reason, there's also a vendor that sells you each tier of the back piece using the tickets you get from crossing over a division as currency.

As for the current league system overall, I could make a blog post about it. Short version: I overall like it. I'm glad the base encouragement is "play three games a day," (Edit: This is important! It's not win three games a day but play) and I think it was smart to make most of the divisions easy to get into for a majority of the player base. In some ways, especially with the repeatable final division, it's like they added a bonus reward track, or you can see it similar to prestige levels in Call of Duty. And at the end, there is a leaderboard for guilds which works like a grandmaster league for the system.

Complaints will come later.
Wait wait wait. So I don't need those tickets? That's just one method out of two?

I thought you needed to purchase those. You throw 4 of them in the forge to get the legendary precursor, no?

Hubb

So, solo queuing is bad with ranked just coming out. Every game I've played as been against at least a 4 man guild group.

EDIT: I take it back, I got my 3 ranked wins in a day done. It would probably help if I was any good/using meta builds/classes.

Proven

I thought you needed to purchase those. You throw 4 of them in the forge to get the legendary precursor, no?
The issue is that I don't know what's tied to achievements, what's tied to crossing divisions, and what does or doesn't get reset at the end of the season. The vendor even has 3 of the back pieces locked and I neglected to find out if they get unlocked for purchase through achievements or divisions.

You do need to get all four back pieces and combine them in order to get the legendary at the end, yes. For now, don't spend any tickets and let's see what achievements provide in the higher levels.

I know of that site but I was hoping people would have some suggestions. I liked s/f fresh air ele before the patch and that wasn't a meta build.
Honestly, elite specs are the new hotness right now. I'd take the top elite spec from Metabattle for whichever class has your favorite elite, and make a few modifications.

The most important parts of a build are Amulet and Trait choices. You can copy those as a base and go from there. Runes and Sigils matter, nowhere near as much. And I'm reiterating this because honestly, the elite specs are fun. The only weak spec for pub play is Berserker.

Me personally, I'm currently using a custom Reaper build with Spite and Blood Magic, but it took a lot of time and a Marauder's Amulet for it to get good. It makes me wonder what will come out of the other Amulet additions.

Clearos

I've been a big fan of the new pvp set up and i think it gives a big enough visual carrot on a stick to keep people interested.

Running an offensive Auramancer (Air over Earth and using a WH over focus) and been having a lot success. So far all my groups have had some communication and have been friendly. I''m assuming I'll see more meta and tears once I hit the second rank.

I would be game for raids in a few weeks. Newborn needs to figure out his sleeping schedule but for the most part I would be on from 10:30pm-1:30am EST most nights.

No bug fix for Astralaria collection 3, i am still on C2, hopefully they will fix it by the time i reach C3 but that sucks for people stuck right now..

What is the bug?
Besides a Gerent defeat?

Need to purchase Sheets of Aurillium from the Tarir vendor, but even with max exalted it won't show up, still greyed out...and according to some players who were able to cheat there way pass Zinn study guide(the cheat: login to other characters and by the books, fixed few days later) it's been bugged since they introduced the new legendary..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom