• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffer

I'm faced with a dilemma regarding fractals: I can either wait it out and be stuck doing sub- 30 fractals, or I can spend laurels/relics/badges for another set of rings making my old "unique" rings redundant and useless.

Fixed a bug that prevented older versions of some Infused rings from being Attuned in the Mystic Forge. These rings can now correctly be upgraded to Attuned Infused Rings.

Was that the fix you were hoping for?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Thank you apple Santa!! And I never actually had a mini Logan he is beautiful

Was that the fix you were hoping for?
Yes and no; unless I'm missing something, "unique" rings from the old MF days still cannot be attuned. Colin said it would be fixed with the fractal patch but when I tried to attune a Snaff's Gyre in the forge after patching, the forge still wouldn't let me put the ring in. Two of my characters are sporting "unique" ascended trinkets and I loathe the prospect of wasting currency on new sets but I can't go any further in fractals without the AR they could provide.

If anyone has successfully attuned an MF holdover ring please tell me how you did it.

Quenk

Yes and no; unless I'm missing something, "unique" rings from the old MF days still cannot be attuned. Colin said it would be fixed with the fractal patch but when I tried to attune a Snaff's Gyre in the forge after patching, the forge still wouldn't let me put the ring in. Two of my characters are sporting "unique" ascended trinkets and I loathe the prospect of wasting currency on new sets but I can't go any further in fractals without the AR they could provide.

If anyone has successfully attuned an MF holdover ring please tell me how you did it.

I mean you can get 70+ AR without even having rings. That gets you to level 50 and further.

I mean you can get 70+ AR without even having rings. That gets you to level 50 and further.
I have rings, though. They're just not working the way that they're supposed to right now, and I'm debating whether I should wait to see if they ever will, because I'll certainly be pissed at myself and at ANet if I spend that currency on gear and the next cycle they fix it.

Quenk

I have rings, though. They're just not working the way that they're supposed to right now, and I'm debating whether I should wait to see if they ever will, because I'll certainly be pissed at myself and at ANet if I spend that currency on gear and the next cycle they fix it.

My point is that you can get AR on your other equipment so you can do more fractals. Hopefully by the time you actually need AR from your rings, ANet would have fixed that bug.

MikeDip

I don't understand how you didn't already have a Logan Mini.
When I really want things I agonize over the decision for months.
It's the things I don't want I impulse buy.

Weird and backwards I know.

I have put off going pass Fractal 50 for a long, long, long, long, long, time, just to get 3 9+ infusion cost 16 gold, working on Astralaria, just to make Amalgameted Gemstone might drain all my loot and won't be enough, I will be stuck running sub 50 for a while, got enough AR for 65....

explodet

As a long time rhythm game player, dealing with MMO latency and a crappy laptop while playing Bell Choir frustrates me.

But the money is just TOO GOOD right now for the effort.

Retro

New build incoming. Likely just a server crash fix.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue that caused too much supply to drop for minor supply drops.
  • Fixed an issue in which NPCs with set patrol paths would no longer move or respond to players. Lionguards, Seraph, dolyaks, and guild bounty targets will now resume their patrols and respond to players.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented magnetite shards from being correctly awarded for failed boss attempts in the Forsaken Thicket.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed multiple instances of Foxglove to be collected.
  • Fixed an issue in which schematics in a guild’s aetheric assembly device did not have a tooltip informing users of how long a schematic would take to process. Schematic tooltips will now report how long they take to process in the aetheric assembly device.
  • Fixed an issue in which guilds could not swap decorations with the decoration UI opened by using skill 6 on the skill bar.
  • Fixed an issue in which guilds could not always queue schematics into their aetheric assembly device in the guild hall workshop. Guild members with the appropriate permissions can now queue schematics in the aetheric assembly device.
  • Fixed an issue in which guilds with more than 40 schematics in their aetheric assembly device could not scroll through the recipes. A scroll bar now appears if the aetheric assembly device has more than 40 schematics in its inventory.
  • Updated the description for creating the Mini Munificent Gift Skritt in the Mystic Forge to correctly call out Wintersday Gifts in the recipe.

Scum

Added some Mugs and Kegs the other day. Hope they're useful...for whatever it is that they are needed for...

Proven

Lol, it was quite the expansive patch, and it's only Monday. I guess they're getting things out before the week gets cut off on Thursday.

Game is way too buggy, I DCed from DS couldn't get back in, tried to get into TD and I can't join on anyone in the LFG, relog nothing it's acting like I am in a party with too many to join on someone, since HoT launched game is just a mess..

spiritfox

Hmm, the soundtrack is missing most of the battle themes. That sucks, but it's still full of great music.

Also, Mordremoth's final battle music is amazing.

Wanderer5

On god wonderful boost from the new computer. I can go into the higher settings with a really smooth framerate. It like a whole new world!

Somehow got lucky today and was in a map that killed Chak Garent. I just showed up for last 5 minutes. No idea what was going on but I got the chevo and was able to loot the chest with CG on top of it.

Hedge

I just now find out that Astralaria needs an item from an event that needs to spawn after a failed-state event. God damn it. :(

Had a lot of good success in the last few days.

Consistently have been getting into good Metas for Tangled Depths, Verdant Brink and AB. It's really really fun when people know what to do. Like a lot of fun. Tangled Depths is warming to me. People are better at it. There are more runs, it's easier to navigate, explanations and community building is happening.

I'm not getting close to Exalted gathering and I got my daredevil inscription. I need that, and 100 crystalline Ore and I finally have Bo staff. It's been a lot of fun!

All the money I got off Halloween and selling all my wood and the money I've gotten from Wintersday went for buying skins. I've tried taking advantage of buying many of the low priced skins on TP. I netted Immortal, Dwayna, and Timekeeper skins for 50-80 gold per piece. I now have a lot of really nice skins. I finally got the the medium Bladed armor chest piece from VB Tier 4 night (after trying for 2 months). I did the wintersday meta.

Yay! I'm really glad that HoT is smoothing out. But they still need to solve megaserver. I was in a map with lots of people that wanted us to go to another map. We still beat the meta but something is wonky!

nan0

P97NgD6.png

TD meta has been toned down so much that even scaling doesn't matter anymore.

Proven

I'm guessing once this thread gets moved to community? I really should work on finishing the story one day
I really should finish the story too...

The Megaserver closing issue is likely due to the system not taking taxis into account. Once the population dips below a certain level and there are enough other servers open, it stops counting. People get taxi'd in after the message has popped but the server doesn't care.

th4tguy

Does this game still not support the trinity? I really liked everything about it except running dungeons because it all felt too chaotic. Not in a good way.

Retro

Does this game still not support the trinity? I really liked everything about it except running dungeons because it all felt too chaotic. Not in a good way.

No trinity. Embrace the chaos, it's less boring.

Not that anyone runs dungeons anymore anyway.

It only felt chaotic because you didn't understand how the game works. Doesn't need a trinity. Designed around not needing one. Though if you really want to be forced into roles, there is a raid now that mostly requires people to follow a script in both playstyle and builds.

Nah, everyone loves a broken record. They have charm.

Pro

Well GAF I made my first Legendary and promptly sold it thereafter for a 1200 gold profit after fees. The Minstrel. I don't ever see myself using a focus and it's about the lamest Legendary there is so I figure it's the right move. I got The Bard months ago so it has been the only precursor I ever got. End result is 1200 more gold (and no more dust or ectos) to possibly buy a precursor I would want or who knows what.

TP was as follows. Lowest selling Minstrel was 1599g. Highest Buyer was 1405g. If I played it safe and put it up for 1500g minus fees it would have only been 81 more gold than selling it guaranteed. So I elected to not take the risk.

MikeDip

Well GAF I made my first Legendary and promptly sold it thereafter for a 1200 gold profit after fees. The Minstrel. I don't ever see myself using a focus and it's about the lamest Legendary there is so I figure it's the right move. I got The Bard months ago so it has been the only precursor I ever got. End result is 1200 more gold (and no more dust or ectos) to possibly buy a precursor I would want or who knows what.

TP was as follows. Lowest selling Minstrel was 1599g. Highest Buyer was 1405g. If I played it safe and put it up for 1500g minus fees it would have only been 81 more gold than selling it guaranteed. So I elected to not take the risk.

It's the best legendary what the heck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom