• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you've never worked in customer service then. People get shit about their jobs all the time, especially when they publicly screw up at doing it. Game designers are not unique delicate flowers.

Worked as phone support, retail clerk, waiter... and others.

And you're right, people give people shit all the time. But the shit game devs get is disproportionate response, and worse, people act like it's okay to be a complete and utter jerk to someone who designed something you can't enjoy, as if you're owed it, or the universe is broken unless you're having 100% fun.

Perhaps I was just raised differently, but no matter how much I don't personally like something, or think something could have been done better, I wouldn't call the person that made it an untalented hack piece of shit.

I reserve calling people pieces of shit, for when they really deserve it.

I don't think I've ever seen those ruins. How do you get to them?

In the bottom right corner of Iron Marshes, there's a few entrances into it, one is in the water too.

Retro

Damn, good eye. I was trying to catch people out with that one.

I ended up working on map completion from west to east, so the Ascalon zones ended up being the last, and since there's not much in that area except the Shatner, they were also the least explored.

They ended up being my favorite zones, just for stuff like that area. I'm a sucker for ruins and Ascalon had them in spades. Being perpetually autumn helps too. So now I make it a point to do those zones first... And now they're pretty familiar.

I don't think I've ever seen those ruins. How do you get to them?

It's actually absurdly well hidden, since it's a separatist base. Even the DE that leads into it has two Iron Legion warriors needing a hound to track the scent. It's off the beaten path, so it rarely gets started. When you get home tonight we should do it, since the DE leads in and out of that area nicely.

Worked as phone support, retail clerk, waiter... and others.

And you're right, people give people shit all the time. But the shit game devs get is disproportionate response, and worse, people act like it's okay to be a complete and utter jerk to someone who designed something you can't enjoy, as if you're owed it, or the universe is broken unless you're having 100% fun.

Perhaps I was just raised differently, but no matter how much I don't personally like something, or think something could have been done better, I wouldn't call the person that made it an untalented hack piece of shit.

I reserve calling people pieces of shit, for when they really deserve it.

In the bottom right corner of Iron Marshes, there's a few entrances into it, one is in the water too.

Oh I'm not owed more enjoyment from Guild Wars 2. But somehow I don't think "you're not owed more enjoyment" is Anet's company motto so it's pretty weak tea when people say that in response to criticism.

Calling someone an untalented hack piece of shit is pretty harsh but then when attempting to play the shit they made makes me need to vent to that extent that's kind of the problem.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's actually absurdly well hidden, since it's a separatist base. Even the DE that leads into it has two Iron Legion warriors needing a hound to track the scent. It's off the beaten path, so it rarely gets started. When you get home tonight we should do it, since the DE leads in and out of that area nicely.
Hmm. Is it these "sunken halls"?
icMNlgfK8MiC2.gif
By the way www.divinitysreach.com is pretty awesome. It's the Live Map I always imagined when I first heard about the API hooks.

Oh I'm not owed more enjoyment from Guild Wars 2. But somehow I don't think "you're not owed more enjoyment" is Anet's company motto so it's pretty weak tea when people say that in response to criticism.

SAB Tribulation mode is a bonus, an extra. There's this whole other thousand-hour game that exists outside SAB, that's somehow invalidated because Tribulation mode ended up not being as good as it could be? I don't understand that logic.

Calling someone an untalented hack piece of shit is pretty harsh but then when attempting to play the shit they made makes me need to vent to that extent that's kind of the problem.

I get that you're angry, but that kind of lashing out at a person because of your frustration at a video game, isn't what I consider healthy or normal. Sure, I've shouted at my screen during some of the JPs with low ceilings because they were not designed for a fatarse charr no matter what Anet claims, but I leave that shit at the door. You seem one step away from sending death threats to a game designer's family.

Calling someone a piece of shit, is not criticism of content.

Hmm. Is it these "sunken halls"?

By the way www.divinitysreach.com is pretty awesome. It's the Live Map I always imagined when I first heard about the API hooks.

Yup, you can get in underwater just southeast of the letters, there's a little hole slightly covered by plants.

In other news, I'm 37/38 for diving spots, and I'll give you three guesses which one is left. ;..;

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll give you a hint. It's in Gendarran Fields, and it was recently added.
Oh! I need that too! I just did the puzzle for the first time a couple weeks ago and kinda loved it. Should go back and do that crazy floating platform madness for the dive.

Oh! I need that too! I just did the puzzle for the first time a couple weeks ago and kinda loved it. Should go back and do that crazy floating platform madness for the dive.

Oh I don't mind the puzzle, it's the blind dive down through geometry, so you can't see where you're going, that bothers me. Nevermind it's also not a straight shot down, you have to steer around stuff as you fall. >..>

SAB Tribulation mode is a bonus, an extra. There's this whole other thousand-hour game that exists outside SAB, that's somehow invalidated because Tribulation mode ended up not being as good as it could be? I don't understand that logic.

I get that you're angry, but that kind of lashing out at a person because of your frustration at a video game, isn't what I consider healthy or normal. Sure, I've shouted at my screen during some of the JPs with low ceilings because they were not designed for a fatarse charr no matter what Anet claims, but I leave that shit at the door. You seem one step away from sending death threats to a game designer's family.

Calling someone a piece of shit, is not criticism of content.

Yup, you can get in underwater just southeast of the letters, there's a little hole slightly covered by plants.

In other news, I'm 37/38 for diving spots, and I'll give you three guesses which one is left. ;..;

Wow dude beat that strawman. Beat it hard.

nataku

What's with the community and personal attacks on devs lately? Is that shit really necessary?

I really don't care how pissed off someone is at a dev (or anyone working a job), personal attacks on people are completely uncalled for.

I didn't mean to put you on the defensive, just highlight what I thought was the kind of behavior that doesn't benefit anyone.

Fabricate things as utterly outrageous as being ready to send death threats to someone's family, attribute those fabrications to someone and then dismiss them on the basis of those outrageous fabrications. Niiiiice. But we wouldn't want a blunt but fairly mild insult of a dev who's not even present, that would be rude.

What's with the community and personal attacks on devs lately? Is that shit really necessary?

I really don't care how pissed off someone is at a dev (or anyone working a job), personal attacks on people are completely uncalled for.

People love villains. In WoW it was Ghostcrawler, enduring a million threats a day for "ruining balance". In D3, it was Jay Wilson. In UO it was Starr Long. And on and on. I always remember http://gamerfury.tumblr.com/ when I want to remind myself just how horrible people can be, for the dumbest of reasons.

That people think it's actually okay to say things like this, no matter how angry they are, is amazing:

you deserve to get stabbed, you fucking money grabbing, ignorant, cunt. Actually burn in hell you bald cunt

i swear to god im gunna find out where you live and drown you and your daughter in bleech and leave you there to corrode

you should fucking die in a dirty hole which is your mothers infected cunt you fucking fat stupid bald bitch.

This is the world we live in?

Fabricate things as utterly outrageous as being ready to send death threats to someone's family, attribute those fabrications to someone and then dismiss them on the basis of those outrageous fabrications. Niiiiice. But we wouldn't want a blunt but fairly mild insult of a dev who's not even present, that would be rude.

I said you "seem" like you're one step away from sending death threats. Not that you are one step away. Difference in tone, I should have been more clear. My bad. I was making a reference to how insane some people can be when they're angry.

I guess I should have just called you "yet another talentless forum-dwelling rage gamer piece of shit who thinks the sun shines out of his ass and his word is the immutable law of infallible opinion", and you would have been okay with that? Obviously, I'm making a point here, not implying I want to call you that.

Again, I was just highlighting behavior. I *do agree with you* that SAB Tribulation mode is not good. But I wouldn't call its creator a piece of shit. That's the rub.

The more I think about how you just said I am "one step away from sending death threats to a game designer's family" the more fucking insulted I am.

I said you seem one step away. I was illustrating a point about how such comments are perceived online. It's not uncommon for someone to go from "untalented hack piece of shit" to the types of comments found on http://gamerfury.tumblr.com/

Could you go that far? I don't know. I don't know you. I would think not, since you seem pretty reasonable, aside from some raw rage at bad platformers. :p

I said you seem one step away. I was illustrating a point about how such comments are perceived online. It's not uncommon for someone to go from "untalented hack piece of shit" to the types of comments found on http://gamerfury.tumblr.com/

Could you go that far? I don't know. I don't know you. I would think not, since you seem pretty reasonable, aside from some raw rage at bad platformers. :p

Yeah thanks for highlighting how you only insinuated that I seemed about to do something despicable. Totally. Not. Insulting.

Retro

Yeah... so... gettin' a little "official forum-y" in here now. Maybe best to just drop the current line of discussion before it escalates any further?

Retro

Yeah you want to get out before things escalate, maybe even all the way to you apologizing for insinuating despicable things about me.

Okay, he was trying to drop it there and this is basically egging him on. Let's all move on, shall we? Got a new update in less than a week with a new dungeon path, balance changes shortly after that, the Halloween. No need to get hung up on content that will be gone soon and probably won't be back for a while (if at all, based on how the community has reacted to it).

Do you guys think they will actually start the "League" play right on October 1st, in the middle of a match already happening?

The achievements will probably be available on the 1st but we probably cannot get them till the Friday after the 1st.

Any of you that rarely play WvW going to want to hope on and get those achievements and hopefully help SBI do well?

Okay, he was trying to drop it there and this is basically egging him on. Let's all move on, shall we? Got a new update in less than a week with a new dungeon path, balance changes shortly after that, the Halloween. No need to get hung up on content that will be gone soon and probably won't be back for a while (if at all, based on how the community has reacted to it).

Whenever he wants to man up and offer an apology for insinuating that I was the type of person who would do something as utterly despicable as sending fucking death threats to someone's innocent family, I'll consider it dropped immediately.

Levyne

Banned
I'd be lying if I said chasing a new meta achievement wasn't a driving force.

Which reminds me, I need to finish tribulation mode this weekend.

I'd be lying if I said chasing a new meta achievement wasn't a driving force.

Which reminds me, I need to finish tribulation mode this weekend.

What? But, but everyone hates W2-2, why would you do that to yourself. You already have 10000+ achievement points do you need those ones too?

Ceres

Banned
It actually starts on Oct. 4th, weirdly enough. (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-world-vs-world-season-1/)

I do imagine you will have more people from the guild that don't traditionally play hopping in to go after the Meta achievement. Should be fun, even if we are getting crushed in Gold.

We'll get crushed in a few matchups but it'll be better than our current boring one. I barely go into WvW lately as the only thing going on is farming ascended crafting materials.

Vyrance

Just wanted to let you guys know that I won't be on for the next month. But I'll be back in full force at the end of October! Good luck over the next month and I'll be seeing you guys soon enough ;)

I'll be missing my WvW :(

Ashodin

Well I finished Zone 2 in World 2. Just Zone 3's achievements left, and then it's hardcore into Trib Mode for dat yellow skin. So many people in the game will not have it, and I want to be one of the ones among them that do.

Well I finished Zone 2 in World 2. Just Zone 3's achievements left, and then it's hardcore into Trib Mode for dat yellow skin. So many people in the game will not have it, and I want to be one of the ones among them.

You want to be among the ones that do not have it?

You say strange things.

xeris

Whenever he wants to man up and offer an apology for insinuating that I was the type of person who would do something as utterly despicable as sending fucking death threats to someone's innocent family, I'll consider it dropped immediately.

You seem that way to me too. Everything you've said has been WAY out of proportion to the problem and you seem incapable of letting it go. Drop the obsession and maybe people won't start to wonder about you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
New WP lore video on stuff related to Twilight Assault. I didn't have any idea that Caederyn was anyone notable at all when you smack him around in TA. o_O

edit: JEEESUS

The Tequatl kill squad guilds unified in an overflow to try and set a speed record
Look at that time left on the clock, daaang

Proven

Was it good? Forgot that was about to air.

The first episode was essentially an origin story, so it's always going to be designed to show promise.

Setting wise, they're playing up on the fact that the Avengers movie put the movie universe in the equivalent of a post 9/11 world, except because of the fact that the aliens were clearly beaten people are more scared and confused about what else could happen rather than up in arms.

Format seems to be the standard "problem of the week" unfortunately (was hoping for more of a serial rather than procedural), so its strength will be entirely on the charm of the main team and the characters involved with each problem they face. The characters currently seemed designed to be quirky rather than be characters, so we'll see how it goes. The mostly faceless enemy seems to be an original creation or was so minor in comics that I never heard of them before. We also get a hint as to Coulson not being a blatant "brought back to life".

I'm Canadian D=

I really need to finish SAB (2-3 bauble run)... meh, will do this weekend.

Before I posted I was actually trying to think what country you might be from that would give you ABC but not Hulu, and I forgot about Canada. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom