• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that's just 1 wing or the space for all 3 wings. It's pretty damn big.
Got to be all 3.

Not quite happy that the only way to explore that area is in a raid. Which will probably throw monsters at us constantly and not actually allow us to explore the area.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hnnng

vxQ0knO.jpg

Morokh

Looks like they disabled character creation because of the daily bug.

Was going to create a character to reserve a name and I can't xD

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What would people say is the most easiest class to play with btw?

Need to get to grips with the game again

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
What would people say is the most easiest class to play with btw?

Need to get to grips with the game again

Warrior can be pretty simple and Necromancer's Deathshroud ability (you jump into a state where you have a second health bar) makes a lot of content super easy for survival. During a dungeon wipe you'll be the last one standing, even if a terrible player.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Warrior can be pretty simple and Necromancer's Deathshroud ability (you jump into a state where you have a second health bar) makes a lot of content super easy for survival. During a dungeon wipe you'll be the last one standing, even if a terrible player.

I loved my Necro on GW1, might try it on here

Thanks for the help everyone

Ashodin

Got to be all 3.

Not quite happy that the only way to explore that area is in a raid. Which will probably throw monsters at us constantly and not actually allow us to explore the area.

Nah the way the map looks is a "block out" that devs will do to show "this is the space you can work in". The fact that all the texture outside of the actual raid area looks to be repeated means that they will add in areas to the raid zone as needed.

THE DREAM
XXzKifA.gif

Such a simple change makes the skill so much better

Jira

I'll clarify this since that's an old text string. You will not be able to revive players that have been completely defeated when a raid encounter is active (originally it was only during enrage). Downed is okay, so you can still get that clutch banner res off. Once a player becomes completely defeated you won't get the interact prompt to res them.

If you die, you ded.

Mxrz

Still don't care for guardian shield. Maybe it can be useful in wvw or something.

Read the official forums. Saw a comparison that was stunningly stupid, greedy, and self-righteous all at once. Am very annoyed I cannot call the guy a name fittingly horrible. Need to make up some new stuff.

Jira

Still don't care for guardian shield. Maybe it can be useful in wvw or something.

Read the official forums. Saw a comparison that was stunningly stupid, greedy, and self-righteous all at once. Am very annoyed I cannot call the guy a name fittingly horrible. Need to make up some new stuff.

There's your problem right there.

Ashodin

yet another build:

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug in which achievements unintentionally displayed in the Hero panel.
  • Fixed an issue in which the Ranger trait Go for the Eyes interrupted pet-activated skills.

What are the parts? I only recognize the ascended shoulders and Carapace chest (best heavy armor chest).

From top to bottom: Illustrious Pauldrons, Carapace Breastplate, Illustrious Warfists, Braham's Legplates, and Phalanx Warboots.

With Rox's Quiver, Kymswarden, and Eir's Longbow accessorizing it.

Proven

What, no one posted the new Squad UI blog post? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-enhanced-squad-ui/

Biggest thing to me:
It will no longer be possible to be in a squad and a party at the same time, but just as in a party your entire squad will be shown on the map, with special icons for your subgroup. You can even use squads to taxi large groups of players across megaservers to ensure that everyone’s in the right place at the right time.

Dat taxi meta. Also party overriding. Lots of little details in the post. It's cool. Glad I got my compendium while it was still 100 gold.

Retro

One day I'll be able to read this thread and know exactly what everybody is talking about.

Sorry, I know MMO lingo can sound like an alien language sometimes, and what's worse is how we slip into it out of habit without really thinking. What's throwing you off that we can maybe explain / clarify?

Indignate

Sorry, I know MMO lingo can sound like an alien language sometimes, and what's worse is how we slip into it out of habit without really thinking. What's throwing you off that we can maybe explain / clarify?

It's less MMO lingo and more stuff that is specific to this game (which might fall into the same realm anyways). Part of the fun for me getting to that point where I have a complete understanding of this kind of stuff, so what I said wasn't meant to be a criticism towards the thread. Like, I don't know what a majority of the currencies are for or what a superior rune of mercy is or what the gif about the shield is about (I'm assuming you couldn't run before with that skill), but I've figured out that when somebody says Icebow 4 that they're referring to the 4th skill/attack for that weapon. Progress.

Retro

It's less MMO lingo and more stuff that is specific to this game (which might fall into the same realm anyways). Part of the fun for me getting to that point where I have a complete understanding of this kind of stuff, so what I said wasn't meant to be a criticism towards the thread. Like, I don't know what a majority of the currencies are for or what a superior rune of mercy is or what the gif about the shield is about (I'm assuming you couldn't run before with that skill), but I've figured out that when somebody says Icebow 4 that they're referring to the 4th skill/attack for that weapon. Progress.

Oh no, I totally didn't take it as criticism of the thread (there's a reason the lingo exists and I don't think it'll ever go away), I was just offering to help you feel your way through it. I know it can be like running into a wall with all of the slang, abbreviations and such.

Rune of Mercy is just an item you can equip to your armor slots, in this case one that helps with reviving players: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Mercy

You're right on with the shield skill (before it rooted you) and Icebow 4.

Ashodin

• Whenever you log into game you will see the MotD broadcast to your chat for that guild you are representing at the time of log in.
  • Whenever you represent a guild you will see that guild’s MotD broadcast into your chat.
  • Whenever someone in your guild edits the MotD (they will need guild permissions to do this), you will see your guild’s MotD broadcast to the chat.

aw yiss been hoping for this functionality. Coming with Heart of Thorns.

nataku

MotD kinda useful now. The lack of any kind of schedule or calendar section makes it so most will have to leave that info in the MotD permanently.

Unless I missed something and there is a section for that sort of info now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom